2017 IGMC Goals and Progress Thread

Discussion in 'Indie Game Maker (IGMC 2017)' started by bgillisp, Oct 5, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derk

Derk Sad Machine Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
  2. readydotexe

readydotexe Low class wizard Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello everyone! I was active in this thread like one week ago I think, and well now that I entered the contest site and saw all those works, It's truly inspiring, this contest has been really important for me...This is the first game I've ever published
    Event Horizon Murder Case.png

It's been hell, like really there were days where I thought everything was useless...but here it is at last
    It's a pretty short visual novel about a murder mystery

If anyone wants to check it out: https://readydotexe.itch.io/event-horizon-murder-case-

And well it pains me to see many that didn't finished their projects, that didn't got to participate, because I understood the full desperation of the whole thing, but now I don't think is actually pointless, just look at your game, look at your effort, that game isn't going anywhere congratulate yourself, you did well, now make the game even better!

I'm really glad I joined here, I would have never done this without being on this forums, thank you everyone and good luck!

3. Dezue

Dezue Peninja Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Finally!

Thanks, you guys, for this thread! It was awesome and really motivationg to see all that progress!

Do we post our submitted entries? :)

readydotexe and woobv like this.
  4. Kokoro Hane

Kokoro Hane Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It ended up a bit of a trainwreck due to a lot of things, whether on my end or some of my team's end. Life gets in the way sometimes haha, but even so, even if it won't become the game it was meant to be 'till Version 2 and will be docked a bajillion points for, I had fun and feel proud to say I participated in this jam! I had fun, I got to learn my way with MV, and wrote a story I ended up becoming more and more fond of the more I worked with it. I somehow even managed to make it have 3 endings rather than linear, so yay!

Behold! My entry with just a sprinkle of voice acting!
    https://tofu-sheets-visual.itch.io/journey-of-the-scroll

...what happens when you discover a jam halfway in and not truly start 'till the last week, wahaha, have fun at the spectacle!

5. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph (RM Mafia Boss)™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Done.

[​IMG]
    A tale of honour, heroism and sacrifice, dug from the depths of legends and myths.

A story that has survived several centuries.

Come, follow the tale of Aemilia Valentia, a Princess being forced to embrace a long journey as the Queen sends her to safety.

The tide of war is now turned against her kingdom, and the future of the country is at serious risk.

Royal Odyssey: Foundation is a board game-memory game-rpg-hybrid-thing that features a 4 areas board game styled dungeons with rpg component, 2 custom battle systems and a Moral System that affects the outcome of the battles depending on your skills.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://dalph.itch.io/royal-odyssey-foundation

The game was made in 2 weeks and although it's not quite how I originally envisioned it to be, I'm still rather proud of what I managed to accomplish despite my very limited time.

Hopefully people will enjoy it too, like I enjoyed working on it!
    [​IMG]

Good luck to everyone else that joined the IGMC 2017!

Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Susan, Marquise*, Hollow 1977 and 7 others like this.
  6. Roden124

Roden124 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    DONE! So much for releasing my game on Halloween...I feel like I stopped a bomb.

https://1am.itch.io/midnight-mai

This is actually the first game I've made with RPG Maker MV. The premise is vague, but I feel like it's a good game to go into blind. :kaothx:

Oh yeah, I'm not exaggerating when I say I'm an action hero. My first submission, which was already uploaded an inch removed from the deadline, spawned the player at the ending because that was the last scene I polished. I had just enough time to upload the fix and that's it. I almost screwed that up, too. I thought waiting until the last hour was pushing it, but I rode this rocket all the way to the end! :kaoswt:

Congratulations to everybody for making it, and also to those who didn't make it too. You still started a project and made great progress in such a tight period! However you feel now, we can all breathe a sigh of relief and play good new games. :kaophew:

7. hadecynn

hadecynn Monstructor Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Great work everyone! Now we all cross our fingers and leave the rest to the judges.

For those of you who haven't tried Monstruct! yet, I hope you'll pick up the game and give it a spin!

8. DjowG

DjowG Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    :kaoeh:28 maps in the game, to crash the seventh, because I forgot a command line
    I submitted, but I think with glitches, bugs and crashes, I'm out ...
    https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/191351
    Not to develop and to sleep at the same time, it is also not worth developing without sleep

woobv and Dezue like this.
  9. slimmmeiske2

slimmmeiske2 Little Red Riding Hood Moderator

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Sorry to hear that. The font I used is standard for Windows 8, so I didn't think to include it the download. Anyway, if you download it from here and install it, you should be able to play it. (Hopefully) >.<

TriceratopsX and woobv like this.
  10. woobv

woobv Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Sooooooooo I have unfortunate news that some of you probably already know... I won't be submitting to IGMC this year, which makes me really sad, but circumstances happen right?!

Sorry to those who were hoping to play my game!

[​IMG]

I'll be continuing development of the game though and shooting to finish the "demo" by the end of the year. :)

Here's a preview of what one of the CG's you would have seen in the game had it been done:

[​IMG]

XD

ANYWAYS I KNOW REPLIES ARE SUPER LATE, LIKE PAST THE DEADLINE, BUT BETTER LATE THAN NEVER RIGHT?!?!?!
    Literally went through the past 11 pages and tried to reply meaningfully!

=================================

REPLIES:

@IAmJakeSauvage - I'm really digging the rain drop effects and great SFX! They really add a lot to the game ^ ^

@Kanatakkun - WAHHHH// I really love how simple and yet beautifully color schemed your screen is! THIS IS SO COOL I LOVE ITTT!

@Trivi - Thank you so much! NOW I WILL GET TO PLAY YOURS MUAHAHA
    CONGRATS ON FINISHING SO EARLY BTW! WAHHH// so responsible and on time . ; u ;

@DjowG - Although it is a bit difficult for you because English is not your first language, i think it is really commendable that you tackle a game with an audience of people who speak mostly English! KUDOS TO YOU!!
    That tiel screen is looking extremely INTENSE AND IN THE MOOD! WOOO

@ashyramoonwolf - The colors you use are such a good balance of saturation! I love how bright and yet mellow it looks in your tiles. So skillful ; v ;
    Also you have so many custom frames for your sprites, it's so lovely!! Q v Q
    And yeeeee, psychological horror sounds like so much fun to playyy! EXCITED YASS!

I think I agree and disagree with your sentiment. You learn more about your skills and shortcuts to help maximize efficiency on tasks, but at the same time, you don't "focus" on learning any new skills (or polishing them) in a quality manner. If that makes sense :D

@OnslaughtSupply - Wow! Stunning backgrounds. Really love the use of pink, and the words are adorable. ; w ; The texture on the roofs of the houses and buildings are phenomenal!! * - * wooow!
    Congrats on finishing a few days early! > v <

@Jesse - PVGames - WHOA! I love how custom everything in your game feels! And the softness of the coloring is great!! > w < THOSE SPRITE HEADSHOTS ARE AMAZING!

@slimmmeiske2 - YEAHHH! You got this (I mean, I'm sure you've already got it since I'm writing these replies past the deadline hehe) Can't wait > u <
    WHOOOOO Grats on finishing and uplaoding the game yesterday!! :D Now to play it very soon~~

@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome - I think a lot of bugs is a good sign because it means you've added a lot of customization!! I mean it's extra work of course, but it is also a show for the love you have for your players hehe
    Also ack!! 45 min of sleep is horrid. I hope you get to sleep lots tonight and this entire week! T__T
    Sorry to hear about the game being corrupted. That is a literal bummer... like... WHY IS TECHNOLOGY SO CRUEL?! You have no idea how much respect I have for you for tackling the game again after that happened!!
    YOU GOT THIS! HYPEHYPE! (I mean... at this point you already have but.. CHEERING ON THE PAST YOU!)
    WOOOOOOOOT! So happy you finished!! T w T Your progress has been tremendous and you've gone through so many hurdles I'M SO EXCITED YOU GOT THIS DONE!

@Frogboy - I hope you didn't end up doing *TOO* many late nights! (Though ... I'd say that's part of tradition for many game devs in a game jam hehe)
    NOOOO I HOPE YOU GOT IT TO WORK (I know I'll see your end result as I get to the end of the thread, but... THE SUSPENSE!)
    YASSS, glad you got the bug fixed HEHEEH. Also cutting it close is better than not cutting it at all! YAH!

@just1witness - YIKES!!! Sorry about the hiccup you met with Gimp freezing. > ~ < Glad it was only half a day's work rather than an entire week(s)' worth!
    Also, you have no idea how motivating and inspiring it is to see you update daily with the countdown. Really liked seeing your posts on almost every page as I went through the thread! HEHEHE

@Marcial - That's great! Also a gnome game definitely sounds unique and interesting. I will keep an eye out on your entry ^ ^
    YAYYY I'm glad you finished your gnome game! SO CUTE!!

@Enigma_Productions - Yeee, I feel like a few people are in the same boat (like me AHAHA, glad to know I was not alone! XD), and what a thoughtful question! I really love it. :D
    The contest first began as a motivation to finish a project in a month, but now it really grew to ... building a strong friendship/community/family with the people I've been talking on an (almos) daily basis in discord. I've loved every bit of it T w T

@Moonlight Daemon - PHEW! Glad to hear you didn't end up dropping. So smart to have backup files! T v T
    Grats on finishing by the way!! Such a cute logo > v <

@Zelgadis85 - WHOO CONGRATS ON FINISHING SO EARLY! YAYYYYY!! Will be trying it out as soon as I can! (Got a long list piling up LOL)
    AND GAHH// thank you, you're too kind! Unfortunately, I wasn't the programmer and it seemed like it was a bit too complex on his end haha.

@ShadowHawkDragon - LOL that small bug XD really ended up being a bugger huh. SO BEAUTIFULL AHHH and that cute little sweat drop ; - ; YASS can't wait to play!
    OH NO sorry to hear you caught a cold during the week too. T ~ T And MORE CONTENT TO PLAY THE BETTER (at least for the players like me hehe)
    CONGRATULATIONS FOR FINISHING YASSSSS! I will ruin your game with my slobber of love!!

@Roden124 - That's an amazing feeling! Congraluations for making an even better game than you originally planned! Knowing your work quality, I am sure it will be ABSOLUTELY TOP NOTCH! Excited to play :3
    YAAAHHH! Congratulations for finishing! Your game can still be for Halloween even if it's a few days past because.. HALLOWEEN IS ALL YEAR ROUND MUAHAHA jkjk. What a lovely description hehe. ACTION HERO!

@Milk Bar Prophet - OOOOH! What an interesting character design! I really like that dual personality you have going (literally)! and that room is so peculiar~~ totally awesome ^ ^

@Gin - OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!!! I really really love Broccoli !! She is absolutely adorableeee. > ______ < I JUST WANT TO HUG HER ALL NIGHT!

@Rhino - Ohh woooooooooooooow, I can't say wow enough because that frame-by-frame lettering plus KICKBUTT MUSIC? YASS!! Love it!
    AHHH THE ANIMATION OF THE SPRITES SO CUTE! And the sprites are so wonderfullll * ------ * MUST PLAY THIS MEGA BALL OF AWESOME!

@Derk - LOL balance cuteness with violence. That always works and I love it when series do that :3 Great GIF process too! > v < Love seeing the progress!

@JacobM - Congrats on finishing the game so early! T w T I remember all the screenshots you posted on discord! <3 They were all so amazing and fun to watch. YAS

@TakeHomeTheCup - O____O!! I can't believe you have been trying to start all over again! Wow!! Kudos to you!

@DustZero - GAHHH YOUR AESTHETIC IS SO BEAUTIFULLLLL! I really appreciate the b&w tones you have going on in your screen!
    Also that enemy screenshot, wow!! He is completely making my heart thump with how creepy he feels. SUPER COOL!

@Allan Bays - Congrats!! :)

@Gabrelik - YES, BEAUTIFUL, DETAILED, THOROUGH, AMAZING WAGON I LOVE IT! <3 I'm so glad the jam is over so I can play your game FINALLY! >:D
    CONGRATS ON FINISHING!!!! Will have to check out both your threads ^ ^

@Plueschkatze - KYAHHHHHHH! THAT TITLE SCREEN IS JUST TOO BEAUTIFUL, I really love how you put in so many wonderful headshots to capture a really elegant mood <3

@TriceratopsX - YAS PUMPED FOR SURE! Congrats on finishing the last cutscene with a weekend to spare. :D
    YAYY Grats on finishing the game too!! Hope you rested lots over the weekend after that tremendous work!

@Kyuukon - KYUUU KUNNNN!!! <3 <3 YAHHHHH I'm going to download your game 999999x just to bump up your #'s :^) HAHAHA jkjk. <3

@Llareian - FINALLY GOT TO SEE A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR GAME (at the end, when you submitted HAHA). THIS LOOKS GREAT! I love the orange-ish color tone you have for everything. Really melds everything in a sunset kind of fashion. Also tents are so cute ; v ;
    (Saw someone comment on your game page that there were no bugs, that is. AY-MAY-ZIIIIING! I think that's probably one of the hardest things a game can accomplish. T w T)

@luizcubas - Congrats on finishing your game! I really like how you tackled the UI for fighting. I think I mentioned this last time too.. LOL

@SwiftIllusion - SGDLSHDF YOUR CHARACTERSSSSSS *foaming at mouth* SUCH CUTE LITTLE PEOPLE I LOVE EM. I NEED THEM IN MY LIFE NOW.

@motta - Wow!! THAT title screen is SO great, like I can't get over the composition of everything. What wonderful talent you recruited! ^ ^

@lemongreen - Awww, I'm sorry to hear that! I hope to play your game when you're done!

@Suoish - WHAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOO * 0 * THE ART IS SO PRETTY, I can't stop drooling, seriously!! And the logo is fantastic T v T Looking forward to playing!

@Nicola - YESSS! I was looking forward to seeing more progress in your game. I love the cooking concept hehe. BIG CRAB IS TOO ADORABS!

@watermark - YAYY! CONGRATS ON FINISHING! > w < Glad it all worked out. The level of polish and beauty in your game is too good ; w ;

@DragonVine - AHHH I know you were freaking out on discord... BUT I KNOW YOU MADE IT IN TIME, I WITNESSED IT IN REAL TIME HUZZAHHH!

@Kinokoio - Congrats on finishing the game!! No game is "pretty basic" or "lacks a bit of content." There is always a lot involved in any game! DOn"T UNDERSELL YOURSELF!!

@Dama - WHOOO! Congrats on finishing! I love the maps you have! It really reminds me of the good ol days of Pokemon. T - T <3 So lovely

@Hollow 1977 - Sad to hear you didn't make it, but I'm glad it was a good learning experience for you! ^ ^ Good luck with finishing it!

@ghorba96 - Congrats on finishing your game! :D I really like the last screenshot with the big SWIRLING BALL OF DOOOOOM

@chalkdust - YEEEE, great job for finishing! ; w ; THE LEVEL OF DETAIL IS TREMENDOUS AHHH, I can definitely see a lot of work put into this! Great work T u T

@Macbeth - WOW! What a bomb trailer. The dim lighting that follows the character adds so much of a thriller/horror-esque feel to it I JUST CAN'T SHAKE MY EXCITEMENT YAHH!
    Congratulations for FINISHING YESYES!!

@GanguEevee - Sorry to hear about your situation! Sad to hear that your wonderful entry won't make it this year, but I'm hoping to play it when you are done! (I'll also have to check out your 2015 entry too! Hehe)

@Frogboy - I can't find my earlier replier to you ... so I'm just tagging you again LOL. BUT THAT TITLE SCREEN IS S++++ I love the pose and the wings and background is quite lovely! <3

@G_Sholar - Congrats on finishing the game!! What cute graphics. T v T The screenshot reminds me a little bit of Ib!

@Huassassin - Sorry to hear you couldn't finish your game, but YOU KNOW WHAT? CONGRATS FOR ATTEMPTING TO!! :D That's already awesome!

@Mister Kent - YAS, Agreed! Sad I won't be able to play yours but hope you will continue to finish it. :3 P.S. I LOVE FLASH HE IS MY HERO

@Geoff Moore - AHHHH THE GRAPHICS WITH THE CHARACTER ART I MUST PLAY. The aesthetics is just TOO GOOD. I am obliterated by the wodnerful old school vibe you have going here. So lovely!

@Lucksmith - YAY! Congrats for finishing your game. ^ ^ That's awesome!!

@Gigglemoo - WOOT! YOU FINISHED! HUZZAHHH! What a wonderful achievement <3 Also that title LOL "Depression Level 50" . THAT DESCRIPTION ALREADY HOOKED ME! Must play * - *

@readydotexe - OOOH a murder mystery visual novel?! YES I NEED THIS!! Thank you for making a game like this <3 looking forward to playing it! I LOVE that genre!

@Dezue - HIIII DEZUEEEEEEEEE! YOUR GAME IS THE FIRST I AM GOING TO PLAY BECAUSE I LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT YOUR GAME *CRYING BECAUSE I LOVE IT SO MUCH*

@Kokoro Hane - WHEEEE, you finished your game and EVEN GOT IN VOICE ACTING? Such accomplishments, that's great! T _ T Sorry to hear about your difficulties, but even with them you were able to pump something out! YAS

@Dalph - CONGRATULATIONS FOR FINISHING!! Your logo is so cute i want to steal it ; - ; ALSO THAT UI?!?!?! WHAT IN THE- BEAUTIFUL!!

11. Dezue

Dezue Peninja Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    And here we go!
    Congratulations to everybody who participated, no matter if you submitted or not!
    It was a wonderful experience for us and I'm happy I met so many of you awesome folks here.

Somehow I can't sleep after all this work, so I'll be playing some jam games now :)
    If you like dogs (or nitro brains), give Quidget a go:

[​IMG]

Have fun and stay funky,
    Dez

------
    Edit:
    Haha @woobv Thank you very very much!
    I told you already but I'll tell you again, I was really looking forward to playing your game and I'm looking forward to the demo! *love*

Ally, Marcial, Frogboy and 7 others like this.
  12. DjowG

DjowG Villager Member

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @woobv Thank you, I really couldn't do it in English if i was not helped by a friend. my game is now almost a demo, since it crash in about 1/4 of the progress. kkkkkkkkkkkkk (every k is a tear) i need sleep now

Frogboy and woobv like this.
  13. IAmJakeSauvage

IAmJakeSauvage Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've been playing submissions all day and I'm so impressed with what everyone was able to churn out! Great job to everyone!

My project's in my signature if you guys wanna play - and feel free to reach out if you guys want feedback on yours! I'm on a staycation~!

Nicola, Marcial, Frogboy and 5 others like this.
  14. Dama

Dama Villager Member

I managed to made an update at the last minutes, making the second boss's attacks a little weaker.

Frogboy, Dezue and woobv like this.
  15. chalkdust

chalkdust Resource Staff Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Goodness, 252 entries. I wish I could playtest them all! How will I ever filter it down without missing a gem or two? I guess we have over a month so I can just work through them systematically. Really excited for some of these!

Marcial, Frogboy, Dezue and 1 other person like this.
  16. DragonVine

DragonVine May or May Not be Batman Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Well holy cow, I somehow made it in time. I did unfortunately discover a game breaking glitch when it was too late, but there's enough of the game there to get an idea. Once I get my thread open for the game in project development, I'll post a fix there, and then upload a fixed version to Itch once the judging is done. I don't think I have any chance of winning, but I'm so, so happy to have met the challenge. The game is barely 1 hour, and I had to leave a lot of extra interaction stuff out, but that'll all come in subsequent updates. I just can't believe I actually did it hahaha!

https://itch.io/jam/igmc2017/rate/191478

@woobv That's too bad! I was really looking forward to playing it. Hopefully soon! Thank you so much for your encouragement throughout this whole thing.

Everyone else, great job! Even if you didn't finish, you worked at a game for an extended period of time, learned things, and hopefully had fun (I know I did!).

Dezue, Marquise*, Frogboy and 5 others like this.
  17. SwiftIllusion

SwiftIllusion Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    @woobv Really sorry to hear, but glad it sounds like overall you've been able to get further ahead and found some great people.
    Though your game is not something I'm able to anticipate (I more enjoy cute/fun/fluffy romance than drama/multi path novels etc), I do hope the end result is something you can be happy with.
    Also just to mention in-case you weren't aware, having read your update on your topic, though its price is unknown/regardless will be more expensive than the free Ren'Py, you might want to divert your efforts outside of that to see how 'Visual Novel Maker' turns out, as that will be out in just 2 weeks now.
    Happy to hear you like the characters! I'm really glad I was able to bring them to life thanks to the DragonBones plugin.
    If you'd like to see more awesomely adorable characters you should definitely check out the artists deviantart, you can also see some more of the characters outside of those I were able to add here.

Here's another in-game screenshot of the characters after a not so successful conquest, hopefully they'll do better next time :).
    [​IMG]
    Don't have the energy left to write up a larger scale post on my project tonight, but I did barely make it.
    Here's a fun little title for the game with the Boss and character together, hope you like it.
    [​IMG]

18. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hello all. With the IGMC over, I am going to close up this thread. If you wish to keep working on your projects, discussion of that is on the November Goals and Progress thread here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/november-goals-and-progress-thread.86351/page-2

Also I will start another thread for reviews, if you wish to request someone review your game (where you will in return review a game too), head here: https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/igmc-2017-secret-santa.86772/

Last edited: Nov 7, 2017
    Dezue, Marquise*, watermark and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.