JacobM

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Plueschkatze Thank you! Based off your works, I can assume you'll have some good stuff happening! :D

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Working on my goal of completing my game plan documentation. Everything from plot to plugins to be set. Core themes are already set.

kokiyo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just barely finished choosing what my game is and started working on the script. ;_; Hope I can fit the fun part into the one hour frame.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@JacobM In 29 seconds, I can already tell that I'm done for, LOL. Looks so good meanwhile I can't even finish a stinking portrait.

EDIT: *finishes the portrait an hour afterwards* Well, dang.
Anyway, here's the mom.

Last edited:

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basic IGMC premise I am using as an outline for my script. I'll be posting concepts after work tomorrow.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Bonkers Wow! Do you have time for all that planning and sketching :p?!

lemongreen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, after spending most of Friday messing around with TileD (I figured I'd at least try to see how it works) I removed it because it just doesn't help with how I like to map. (I'll have to look into something else) Decided to opt instead for a more visual novel style approach for the opening (along with a number of other places; it works in the context, anyway)

Next is focusing on getting the menus and various other systems working before implementing anything else. (also mapping the few areas that will still need maps, plus throwing together some other graphics for characters)

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basic IGMC premise I am using as an outline for my script. I'll be posting concepts after work tomorrow.

What software is this?

our team is now in planning stage.

Unqou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well... it is a funny idea. Currently my progress is 0% (I have read about the contest only yestarday).
I have a brief story idea (perhaps not too much original, but decent enough to be quite "new").
- I think I will work alone (I cannot guarantee to have a constant activity, so not a good situation to work in a group... I will evaluate it)
- I will have less time than others (I will have a week - next one - where I will unable to work on a game at all)
- In general my spare time is not so high.
For those reasons (and other ones) I think I will use default resources and I will mainly focusing in the story, in the events etc. I think that the first thing to do, when your time limit is short, is to focusing on the actual game as soon as possible.
If I will have enough free time I will add some additional features later (like adding an italian translation using an application I am developing - not yet stable but it is development status is advanced enough to be used also at its current stage.... or like changing menu style and perhaps trying to create some midi music, even if I don't have decent devices to use).
I don't know if I can do it in time (meanwhile I am developing the application for RpgMaker VX Ace / Mv translations) but I will try.
Good luck to all :)

Only some questions:
- 1) I buyed both VX Ace and MV (I will think about wich one I will use) in Steam. But if I will use another nickname (not Unqou... my nickname here and in steam where RpgMakers are added) or my actual name, how can I "demonstrate" I am the actual owner of the engines?
- 2) Same questions for extra resources I will eventually use (I have some steam DLC for VX Ace... nothing additional for MV except for the extras)
- 3) How can I demonstrate (if I will add an italian translation) that the script I will use was generated by an application I am still developing, considering I never officially released it (becouse still not ready for a public release?)

What software is this?
our team is now in planning stage.
I don't know wich software HE is using, but I could suggest you to use graphwiz, wich is a very nice way to do a similar thing.
For example you can obtain a result like this one:
http://wmlxgettext-unoff.readthedocs.io/en/latest/_images/graphviz-4024f4957f61726a0c0fff9441847751eeef7e63.png
with this source file:
Code:
digraph machine01 {
   node [shape="box", style="filled", fillcolor="grey",
         fontname="DejaVu Sans Mono"]
   idle [shape="ellipse", label="IDLE STATE", fillcolor="green"]
   idle2 [label="IDLE STATE of the other language", fillcolor="cyan"]
   preproc [label="Preprocessing and Comment STATES"]
   winfo [label="WML TAG/INFO STATES", fillcolor="yellow"]
   cstr [label="Capture String STATE (single-line?)",
         shape="box", color="red", fillcolor="#ffaaaa"]
   mult [label="Multi-Line String STATE", color="red",
         fillcolor="#ffaaaa"]
   change [label="Change language STATE"]
   end [shape="ellipse", label="FINAL STATE", fillcolor="green"]

idle -> preproc [color="darkgreen"]
   preproc -> winfo -> cstr -> change -> end
   preproc -> idle [color="blue"]
   winfo -> idle [color="blue"]
   cstr -> idle [color="blue"]
   cstr -> mult [style="dotted", color="blue"]
   mult -> mult
   mult -> idle
   change -> idle2 [color="blue"]
   end -> idle [color="darkgreen"]
}
But this is a bit complex example... if you don't need to use particular arrows or style, the code can become a lot easier.

Last edited:

Zarsla

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You guys know you can only use RPG Maker Engines for this IGMC.
"Games MUST be developed in one of the following RPG Maker Software: RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker 2003, RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, RPG Maker VX Ace, and RPG Maker MV."
-IGMC 2017 Rules

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 3 progress

1.) Completed face sets for 80% of npc's

Goals for today,
finish npc facesets.
Maybe event first quest.
Another busy day where I will have very little time to work on this. :/

Asterisk

アステリ (ノ ̄ー ̄)ノ♪
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Zarsla I think people get the basic idea that it is RPG Maker software only... was someone stating they weren't using it in the thread?

My goal is to have the plot and gameplay figured out by tomorrow... my progress is 0 .... ack

Unqou

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You guys know you can only use RPG Maker Engines for this IGMC.
"Games MUST be developed in one of the following RPG Maker Software: RPG Maker 2000, RPG Maker 2003, RPG Maker XP, RPG Maker VX, RPG Maker VX Ace, and RPG Maker MV."
Sure... but no one here says the opposite. If you, instead, are speaking about my (unreleased) application, I can ensure that even if I will use it (not certain), no rule will be broken. That application will generate a ruby script (for RpgMaker VX Ace) or JavaScript plugin (for RpgMaker MV) to be included in the game developed with the RpgMaker engine (the generated script is "adapted" to the concrete dialogues and available translations... but, speaking about contest rules, it is not so much different than developing a script from scratch and including / enabling in the game with the engine)

DragonVine

May or May Not be Batman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You know what? I think I'm going to join this. I came up with a short story that takes place in a world I've been developing for awhile in my head, and it actually helps me out with the overall plot of the larger story I'm telling (though that won't really be touched in this game too much, outside of a few hints.) It won't be too long, so that helps immensely in packing the development time into one month. It won't be anything fancy, but I think it could be at least fun. I'll probably use the default MV battle system with some modifications via Yanfly plugins to make it a little smoother and add a few unique gameplay elements. Outside of that, I just need to decide what tiles to use. I own several from the store, so it'll likely be from there. Hmmmmmmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

purefury wrote on hiddenone's profile.
Hiddenone you are simply incredible, and an inspiration to the community!
https://s12.directupload.net/images/200715/34vwhkoz.png Finally have a concept I am happy with, now I just have to decide wheather I really want to do it as vector art.
I just keep coming up with weird ideas, and then spend the time trying to make sense out of it.:kaocry:
Hi, Erm... My name is zozobie! I just had a snack.
Face masks are to be compulsory when inside shops in England from the 24th of July. People can be fined £100 if they fail to comply.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3dprintindex