Derk

Sad Machine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now that I got MV working again, I could actually start on mapping. The first one is done (as a first pass, until all others are done; it's a starting point).

WIP screenshot:
upload_2017-10-8_15-52-49.png
The face is a placeholder, to be redrawn by me. Her sprite may or may not get edited.

JacobM

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Got one of the battle backgrounds done today, luckily I have a friend working on some face and portrait work! :D
lboess.jpg

Geoff Moore

Composer for Hire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Would you believe this is my third IGMC using RPG Maker and my first time using a tileset? I decided to go with a pixelart style and make my own tiles for the game, using a low-res style and simple palette to speed up asset creation. What do you think?

01.gif

Also, making autotiles is hard...

Geoff Moore

Composer for Hire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you! No combat, but there will be item puzzles, and hopefully some action puzzles too if I get time. It'll be more like a point n' click adventure with action elements than an RPG.

Selviam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first progress of my game: Plot COMPLETE!:kaothx:
Next: Character design.

Jesse - PVGames

Game and Graphics Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
lExONqO.png

After many kinks worked out, I finally got the battle system I want in place which is pretty far from what MV gives you out of the box. There is a much larger focus on skill and passive ability synergy among your party members (and the enemies have this too), so battles are fairly fast-pace and brutal, rewarding the player for utilizing combinations of members who have kits that compliment each other and manipulating status effects effectively.

Most recently I gave a big eye-candy upgrade to the battles by making the background animated as well (along with the maps). So not just the characters are animated, but the fog, the flowing water, the rain, etc. It all makes for a very dynamic-looking scene that a static screenshot can't really do justice.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I rediscovered an awesome series of scripts I had commissioned ages ago for my Thorntop series, but only ever sort of used, so bows as good a time as any to get stuck into their inner workings to figure them out. Lol. Having so much fun!

Puffer

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Vietnamese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm still trying to come up with a fully great story that would actually making the player feel satisfying after playing it, a story with a slight mix of multiple game genre and have a powerful first impression, It still a rough time for me since all the idea I come up with isn't make me feel happy yet

Tea's Jams

I'm human
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Day 4
1.) Face sets for all NPC's done.

I hope to get started on quests and eventing today! :guffaw:

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Gonna go with a remake/reimagination of an old game that had been in hiatus hell since 2013. Though I'll have to remake most assets as they were only for non commercial use.

On the upside, I already got the title screen more or less complete, which means I am almost 90% done, doesn't it?
(Someone who is actually good at finishing games may correct me on this one :kaocry:)

watermark

Thinking of what to do next
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So we got a team together! Yay!
It's me, @Hammerpants, @Miss Nile, @richter_h, and CuckooOrange.

Go team!

The game we're doing for IGMC is currently called "Einherjar". That's all we're giving away for now. More details later. (Ok, to be honest the story is still one big blob of gob at this point so not much to tell anyway. :kaophew:)

Next order of business: Finish the main storyline!

Lihinel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Done with the title, 27 days to go... now comes the hard part. :kaodes:
I might not make a top spot, but I am sure I'll take the non existing participation trophy for "the longest, cheesiest game title&subtitle", feel free to challenge me on this one:
:kaopride:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
need a time to not open my MV,still addicted with new vegas

i wonder what addiction effect behind playing new vegas too much,maybe INT & Science gone worse in many days :D
cdjensen94 wrote on Kaliya's profile.
Are you the one who develops Kaliya's Visual Map Enhancements. If so I desperately need some help. I bought the plugin back a few months. I've only started using it recently.
Cause MP Damage instead of HP, Localization Plugin for Translation | RPG Maker News #112

Here in Fla were are seeing crazy covid spikes and some vaccinated getting bad infections. I had a mild fever on Thurs but it went down fast. How is everyone else doing. Hopefully you are all well. :)
Wish I was better at art, specifically that I was faster at it, bc this one NPC took Several Days to complete! It's gonna take So Extremely Long to do all of the art for my game, never mind writing it... Anyways, here's my gorgon, Hopernica Sthyxis!

57b88732c7abbcd84981dacf624a98495af61fcc.gifv

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erora