Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Lihinel That's so neat!!! I love the windowskin as well! Those tentacles have got me really curious.. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

@Geoff Moore Glad to know someone else is trying to make a custom tileset. Makes me feel less crazy for attempting it :guffaw:

Spent 2 hours on a windowskin today to have it look no different from the default.. It looks pretty bad as well, I think I might go back to the standard... At least I knocked out another portrait today. I might finally be ready to start building tomorrow :D

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
10.8 - 10.9 Update:
-Came up with new ideas for Level 16, and a theme idea for Levels 16 - 30, which I think I will go with. Will have to wait until Wednesday to attempt it though, as Monday/Tuesday are my busiest work days.
-Also came up with a GUI Idea. I think I can script it, so may try it soon.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Eeeek! Everyones progress is going so well!

Mmine today has been zilch. I must do some more work. lol.

Derk

Sad Machine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've at least started on facesets.
upload_2017-10-9_15-17-27.png

Something.........odd going on in MV made me change my game plan, but it probably suits the game better, so there's that. :D

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mwahahahaha!!! I was just thinking about making a small side project to test some gameplay ideas, and then I see this.

First before I get into my goals, good luck to all who are competing! (I especially will need it)
1. Finish town desgin tonight
2. Get basic plot set up (I can think about this while @ work)
3. Get first few battles down

Everything else can come later, I just need to focus on a few things at a time, if I can do that and stay motivated it'll be fine.

LRDean_Socks

A.K.A. Socks
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
Im surprising myself with my progress, I really hope I can keep with it! This is my Main's bust, it has multiple arm poses, that you can't see here.
main_by_lrturner-dbq1voe.jpg

TriceratopsX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got some ideas for the story (luckily I don't have to change much of my original idea to get it to 1 hour :D) unfortunately I'm cripplingly over specialized when it comes to game making as art, music, and sound effects aren't really my forte, so maps will most probably be rtp, as will music and sounds (unless I can find and master something to make those with in time) however I'd like to make at least the main characters custom. :distrust: hmm joining late is really gonna bite me, but I suppose if it wasn't going to be a challenge I wouldn't have been interested!:guffaw:

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
All I did today was watch Rogue One, figure out the super basic story, and draw some NPCs.

chaucer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After a little time working on the battle system, it's not perfect yet, but it's definitely getting somewhere I think( ignore the bat going crazy on some of the frames they're not set up properly yet D: ). The combat will play like rock paper scissors, with a few additions.

( Block < ) ( Heavy Attack ^ ) ( Light attack >).

Selviam

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Day 3 im siickkk:barf:

Derk

Sad Machine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Semi-Progress: title screen done. I'll probably go back and mess with the coloring later, as I can admit the shading makes mostly no sense.
upload_2017-10-9_23-21-2.png

Lantiz

PunyMagus
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Other
@Selviam Aww hope you can be fine soon.

My update:
  • Finished the first map (may improve a bit if I have the time);
  • Polished the combat system a lot;
    • Removed death animation (was taking too long);
    • Adjusted skill hotbar;
    • Fixed target update;
    • Fixed hotkeys;
    • Improved turn control;
    • Added combat log;
    • Added item log;
  • Added mini map.

1xKtCEN.gif

readydotexe

Low class wizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Seeing everyone so determined truly inspires me, I'll join the ride tomorrow! ... Wait is already tomorrow, dammit I'll join the ride after going to sleep while thinking what to do
Anyone thinking about buying the humble bundle pack? It's getting tempting for me the 9$ offer

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ok. Progress update Day.... 3/4?????

~ Script done (still needs some editing while inputting into game)
~ Startng town complete, exterior and interior mapped, just some atmosphere to add to interiors.
~ title screen done
~ characters chosen
~ art requested
~ music chosen
~ database started

Not much more re progress. I still have another 5 areas to map, then do eventing, then do battlers, then do battles and balancing, testing.

Oh man I still have so much to do!

Lars Ulrika

I punch Therefore I am Harvest the land Taking the
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
N/A
Put everything I did so far to the trash and started fresh with some custom sprites. Went the simple road with 8-bit stuff :
22308934_819731848206705_1525974744430531407_n.jpg
22365722_819731921540031_3246493175680048100_n.jpg
22310185_819731944873362_1979386264062295451_n.jpg

Also , finally found a title for the game which will be "Troma Boy and the quest for happiness", mixing rpg and kinda "advanced" pacman gameplay.
Trying out to make tilesets now, going better than I expected, should post some updates soon!

P.S : Long time no see everyone here, happy to be able to get back into some game making!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!
Had apparently not checked Itch for 3 months, kind of forgot I had an account rofl.
One side of me is: "lineart is so awful", the other side is just: "huh, decent" :kaoswt2:
Uehu8tg.jpg
[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/db/0a/86/db0a869a83b3d905c5a7ddec690506f2.png[/IMG]
Female SpaceSuit [!PHC]
image_2021-06-13_213812.png

Todays Lesson: Tiles are a pain to make xD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaihai