Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Goals for 2021:
January - Missed this one.
February - Finish main castle town design and parallax + Eventing if I get ahead of schedule.

2021 in general - Chapter 1 finish.

This is current progress. Takes a bit of time as I'm modifying the DF tilesets to make some unique buildings as well as recolors as that I can use them throughout without it being obvious.

Attachments

• K_City.png
    K_City.png
    543.2 KB · Views: 16

TheGentlemanLoser

"And when we fall, we will fall together..."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finish freaking anything, EVER. Specifically one of the two games I'm currently working on, MDC and Spirit of '76.
Let me look back on this January's accomplishments in review:

MDC
Nothing.

Real Life
Nothing.

Spirit of '76 (In No Discernible Order)
Sprites completely overhauled, twice.
Roughly a dozen fairly involved sprite edits, no easy way of counting these
Faces much-less-comprehensively overhauled, there are all new faces but they need some work. (also game has changed from using faces in dialogue to NOT doing that, a fairly major change that means a LOT less faces are required as they're only used on menu screens now)
Several Dozen new Animations created/imported/set up
Finalized (I think) Music/Soundtrack for game, except for one custom track I'm waiting for.
Introductory Cutscene created, troubleshooted (troubleshot??), revised
Title screen, chapter title screens set up
Promotional banner created, itch.io game page created but not finished or set up.
Character creation system created, troubleshooted, revised
6 (partially-overlapping) tilesets created/imported/set up/tested
New Maps Created: 40 (about 70% of which are more or less finished)
Skills Setup/Added To Database: 25 (only counting skills usable in battle)
5 new enemies created.
Hacking minigame: graphics created, game implemented on ~6 hackable terminals.
Actual Gameplay Programming/Level Design: added to 11/40 new maps.
Cleanup: removed many old/unused/not legally usable assets as project has shifted from noncommercial to commercial

Hours of Work: Approximately 124-186 (average): 38.75 hours per week. On RPG Maker. Yayyyyy being disabled and unemployed, I guess?

(that would be in list format except for the fact we don't have an edit button right now so kinda hard to format anything)

Mimironi

But what do I know?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let's see... I said my goal in January was to keep trimming down my main project, which I think I was doing alright at? Though near the end of the month a game making event got announced and I got a sudden desire to want to participate in THAT, so... the main project is on hold.

So now, February's goal is to submit a game to that event! It'll only be a demo, but I hope it won't take longer than a year to finish the full game.

Who knows, maybe completing this will indirectly help me more in my main project...

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
February.

Freed a bit of space in my lab but not enough.

Ending some romance pic for @Matseb2611 epic Pegasus Broken Wings.
(not certain they make finals but I know he might not chew me up to show you one)
EdanAndCassanaFinal.png
I might be on that until spring (And I do hope being fast enough on the deadlines) I'm rushing myself up right now.

MrC seems to have some lil health problems and DC seems to go so well for an elderly cat.

On the internet I am still behind and skittish sorry.

I like reading from your progress as you all seem to do amazing work.

Last edited:

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Let's look back at January...

My realistic goal for January is to release the revamped demo for my Cube Trail project, as there isn't too much else that needs to be done. Just rewrite a few more things, make some items, and make the endpoint. Typical, this didn't happen. I did rewrite a bit and started to add the 40 variants per monster, but nothing really beyond that.
Instead, I did a hell of a lot of brainstorming. I came up with a bunch of new things for all of my projects, but haven't implimented very much yet.

For this month, who knows what's going to happen.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So initially I had my mission to where everyone is sent to Iowa on our world in my game with an ending to the sequence that involved a corrected KIA like with that scene in "whatever the name of that Batman movie is"... but ultimately I recalled that I had a sacrifice planned as an homage to Final Fantasy VII that would eventually play into the plot. Not to mention that a morbid surprise waiting upon everyone's return is probably a bit more route in these situations anyway, so basically the entire dominion ends up getting thrown under the bus instead of just one person.

As for the rest of the month... well, the rest of the year may be more appropriate. I think at this point that with so much left to fill in and so little time that I'm probably going to end up with a launch delay.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've started a new little project based on an idea I'd had rolling around in my head of doing a Jack and Jill story. My goal was to do it as something to release made with MZ, but every time I tried with the RTP, I just couldn't get inspired. It was originally going to be the typical fantasy setting. Then I attempted with the modern/futuristic tiles of MZ. It was still... meh. Frankly, I'm just not crazy about MZ's RTP. There's something about the quality that feels like a step back or perhaps it's just not my preference.

At any rate, I'd put it aside, but then I saw that VexedEnigma/Malibu Darby had released a new pack. I took a look and inspiration hit. It being a new pack in a new style meant that there wasn't as much available as with her Pop! series. However, I've found it as editable as Pop! so I've been spending my time editing and creating tiles for the world that I need. And a lot of the Pop! material can be edited to work with this new style.

So, my goal for February is to get the large bulk of the graphic work done that I want so that I can start building the game. I will also take advantage of time away from the computer to tighten up the story line, plan game mechanics and probably puzzles as well. My hope after that is to maybe spend a month or two working on a decent demo. I don't plan this to be a super long game at all, as I really would just like to release something complete by summer.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I finished my January goal of updating Collector to use an on-map battle system, which in turn has allowed be to reupload it to the forum.

As for February, I need to continue working on the next two districts, which are Southside (a huge gang infested neighborhood) and Saikhon (an Asian influenced district with lots of shady stuff going on). The next part of the story goes through these places, which is why they need to be done next. Tons of brainstorming needs to happen!

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just made the unfortunate decision to scrap Mac support because this morning I ran my Xcode project and found that all of the stuff I did to get it to work in earlier versions is no longer valid, and for lack of explanation on what may have been done by Apple (which I find to be completely anti-consumer and anti-developer) I basically don't have a choice. I'm probably going to have to sell the Mac as well, since this was the reason I even bought it in the first place. (Also, I don't exactly have space for it anymore either.)

As for progress, I decided on the presentation for the opening where one of the main characters is dropped off in front of the chapel to protect her from what is yet to come. Unlike the traditional setup for this kind of situation I decided that she would simply walk up to the door with her guide in tow for the journey, who will then leave her to wait for reception by the attendant.

RomVHS

NPC
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
My broad goal for 2021 is to be more consistent and disciplined with my projects and other doings. Though more specifically, I have a few things I want to accomplish before the end of the year.

+Finish my first RPG Maker Game
+Create and finish shorter RPG games
+Be more productive
+Improve my creative skills
+Release more content in general

For February...

+Design and write more NPCs and important characters. Implement at least one of them into my game.
+Remap my game.
+Expand upon another game's storyline and gameplay.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I started work on a little side project called Bourbon Hero for MV. It's supposed to be a self aware parody of the current bourbon scene. So far it will only be RTP, with a few scripts.

BH title.pngBH1.pngBH2.png

Prescott

argggghhh
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2021: Get to the point where I can start adding polish on my game. That means I need all of the NPCs and quests done.

January: Finish the game world. Almost done with dungeons as of right now, then I only need to add 4 or 5 mountain maps.

I've been working on this game since MV came out in October 2015. Word of advice: never make an open world game as your first (real) project. The amount of money and time spent on this as well as the insane periods of burnout have been ridiculous. Still, there is no way I can't finish it now. Looking forward to showing it off in 2022.

Had a few rough patches and basically, I finished the dungeons in January. Took a bit of a break, then began working on a mountain map a few days ago. I vastly misjudged the amount of mountain maps I'll need though. Instead of 4 or 5, it'll probably be closer to 10. I'm trying hard to balance player convenience and realistic travel. I don't want my players needing to trudge through 2 or 3 entire mountain maps that are pretty lengthy just to get to a dungeon if there isn't going to be a lot to do on the way there other than fighting enemies and getting a bit of treasure... but at the same time, the mountain range is huge from the looks of the world map, and not allowing players to explore a lot of it would feel strange.

Anyway, the map I'm making right now is a snowy mountain, one of 4 or 5 in just this mountain range alone. Trying to get it to be only four, but we'll see how that goes. It might need to be 4 and a small 5th one.
Here is my progress on it so far. These mountains are quite treacherous, with huge drop-offs that the people unlucky enough to fall from them will certainly not survive. This particular map connects two regions, Komura and Grizz, through a pass in the mountains. All I need to do now is add foliage/rocks/other clutter and this map will be complete. Obviously I have to clean up the bottom part too but that will be done with the clutter. If you're wondering why the right side of the map is completely black, it's because players won't ever see over there. In fact, the map might look a little weird but I've tried to construct it in a way that it will look good while playing, not necessarily just an overview of the whole thing.
Untitled-1.jpg

As soon as these mountain ranges are done I can get the enemies and treasures put into the game, and at that point I'll just need NPCs and their side quests before I add the final touch of lighting and the beta is ready to be tested!

As for the rest of February/March, I plan to be working exclusively on these mountain maps. I really don't like making them because it takes the most time out of literally anything else on this project, even more than the music took me. The silver lining is that I really like making snowy maps, because in my game there is a plague that has killed all plant life so most maps look pretty bare and desolate, however snow maps are fun to make because they add a bit of a pop with the white color compared to the browns you see everywhere else AND they've got evergreens as well :)

Last edited:

Vesutastic

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My first time posting here, but I always wanted to do it, soo..

General 2021 goal would be to finally upload a game that isn't like made for a friend group. (or places that arent there anymore :rswt
More project specific goal would be to complete my first chapter as sort of demo, and then work on custom assets.

Mythmaker19

Teller of Tales
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
way late to the party, but I'd say my goal for 2021 would be to work up the ambition to make any progress whatsoever in my game

gabrieldiastche

Gabriel Dias
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey everyone!

So... OMG I am so lost here with everything that changed hahahaha I think I was out a lot of time, but I am here to update my goals and progress from this month! So, let's do a little flashback moment from the last post I did!

My goals to January were:
  • Finish the Pitch of 3 games I am working on! (Yes, it's a lot...)
  • Translate Phil Alone to other languages!
  • Translate Luke Inn to Portuguese!
  • Edit 2 videos of Brazilian Games!
  • Promote my game content (Twitter and YouTube)
And what I did?! NOTHING! No, just kidding hahahahaha
So, let's go by each one:

1)Finish the Pitch of 3 games I am working on! (Yes, it's a lot...)
Finished: NO, but for a good reason! Like everyone here knows, I am moving to Bangkok when Covid-19 is over, but I am looking for jobs there in the game industry, and a person that was hiring a Game Designer changed my life and made me realize the mistakes I was doing with my resume and my portfolio. So, because of that I decided to stop developing my games Phil Alone and Luke Inn, because I made them to work more on my RPG Maker skills, and they are amazing projects, but not for someone that is looking for a job and needs the money... but the last pitch that I have to do is a project that is confirmed already, so I am focusing on that. So, what happened? I will only need to do 1 pitch and this pitch have to be amazing! So wish me luck!

2)Translate Phil Alone to other langugages!
Finished: Yes, I decided to only translate Phil Alone to portuguese, english, spanish, french and korean for now. As I said before, I will stop for now to work on Phil Alone so it's something that I "finished".

3)Translate Luke Inn to Portuguese!
Finished: No, but as I said before: I will not work on Luke Inn for now! Focus on my resume and portfolio!

4)Edit 2 videos of Brazilian Games!
Finished: Yes, I finished them and they looked amazing! If someone wants to they are in profile feed: Games From Brazil 1 to 3, and these games are amazing, I am really happy to see my country with such amazing titles!

5)Promote my game content (Twitter and Youtube)
Finished: Yes and no. Why? Because I wanna focus on my portfolio right now like I said, so let's take one thing at a time :D

So for now, I will be focusing on see my schedule to March and try to finish my clients contents first so I can see what I can do next. Thank you everyone that is always encouraging me and seeing my progress!

Let's go guys, let's go make some amazing games!

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My goal for 2021 is to do in MZ what I was unable to complete in MV: create my own RPG Maker engine. I made some cool plugins for MV but I wasn't able to get everything done that I wanted. I have a new approach this time around which is streamlining the development and putting me on a clear path to reach my goal. It's always difficult to estimate how far along you are when developing software but I'm hoping I'm getting close to half way there. It would be cool to make a game with it too, once I'm "done", but that might be too lofty a goal for one year. Perhaps Degica will do one of those game jam things in October this year that will allow me to take it for a test drive.

Kyuukon

主人公
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finish some project I left in the back burner for years now :kaosigh:

After that is out, start delving into the dark world of H-RPG games genre :kaopride:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I did it. With so much left to do, so little time and some real life issues I had to delay my project into 2022. In the meantime I am adding a debug menu to facilitate music testing and save clearing functions. (Try and guess what combo opens it. I dare you to.) I also added a post-credits message that basically says that the war is not over just because you beat the game (and more specifically by setting up for a possible part two).

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Had a new spaceship paint and am in a few couple scene illustrations ahead right now ^^

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

and_remember_tomorrow_exploding_puzzle_logo.jpg

Made some new friends, and blew up a puzzle... Happens. :LZSwink:
A new RPG Maker music pack is coming out soon! Below is a demo of one of the compositions in the pack, Heroic Battle. More details coming soon!

Trying to build a child-size body. Mostly happy with it except the sideview arms - can't get them to move quite right yet. Anyway, here's the work-in-progress, with an adult for size comparison.
ChildTest-01.gif

I started in VXAce and I liked how the kids flapped their arms so that's why it's just flapping.
A character theme... finally posted some of the music tonight as celebration for 500 followers. I really like how this song came out.
Good night (or day) everyone! :kaohi:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloud_r34