BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally in the process of setting up my game for ID@Xbox now that I'm officially approved, however the system for that is nowhere near as forgiving as Steam was in terms of using my existing application entry so I literally have to restart my versioning with a new product definition. However, I'll most likely be keeping the old entry in use for a potential closed beta (since the new entry can replace the old one if I give the word prior to the full launch). I've also determined my achievement plan as well and have been rolling that out across Steam and GameJolt so that all versions are in sync per my developer requirements (itch I'm not sure about since there's no parallel, may just have to make that page a hub for all the other versions in order to maintain compliance). This will also affect my plans for Mac and Ubuntu so those versions will likely have to be moved to Steam in order to meet the aforementioned requirements.

In terms of actual game development I have made a slight name adjustment to one of the settlements in order to match my achievements, and have started updating my battler sprite sheets to include more appropriate frames for damage and evasion. I have also made some minor story adjustments as well.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Work is starting to slow down so I'm able to game dev a couple days a week now. Here's the report from today:

-Play tested Shipwrecked to about the 2 hour point, or about the 1/3rd point in the game. Noted things to change as I played in a document, though I fixed the quick fix things as I went.

Edit: Wow, no other updates? I'll add mine for 4.29 as an edit:

4.29 Update:
-Tweaked some of the opening dialogues to flow better.
-Made it so you can't miss the Handbook of Magic now by making that a cutscene that you trip by stepping close to the object.

Next update probably in May though as it looks like Tues/Thurs/Sat is going to be my game making days for the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Meowsticks

Just a person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
April Goal Results: Start Chapter 7 goal = Unfinished. :(
I did make a bunch of progress and came up with some good ideas, but the last week and a half I just wasn't really feeling up to working so I didn't get much work done. It feels bad no reaching the goal, but I'd rather put in work when I feel good and creative. It takes longer, but I think it's worth it in the end.

Goal for May: This time I won't use the same one again. :guffaw: Instead, my goal for May is simple - Complete the backlog of stuff I put off. I generally develop the game in a linear way, but I skipped a few major scenes because I didn't know what to write at the time, or didn't have a creative idea so it was a placeholder. My goal is to actually get around to doing those and cross them off my to do list finally.

Good luck to everyone else on your progress, hope it's going well!! :D

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Goal for May:
-Get the first half of Shipwrecked out of alpha and into beta.

This should be doable if work stays low key like it usually does this time of year.

5.1 Update: Updated the cutscenes through the first hour of the game. These were mainly little tweaks and some character lines changed for consistency. Also tested more and noted more things to fix too.

a3xgf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Goal for 2021:
  • Being able to show a demo of my project.
I can't think of anything else :yswt:

Goals for May:

• Deciding the name of the project, it irks me having it unnamed.
  • Deciding the battle system for the project.
  • Finishing the all required sprites for the three most relevant characters at the beggining of the game.
  • Finish the preparations and start developing the project inside RPG Maker MZ, not juut otuside it preparing assets.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Blue.pngWant to make that baby in 3D and then get it isolinear and orthogonal. Trying to make @Matseb2611 proud here. ^^

And once I learn that, I might be able faster to do those lettership spaceships and convert them into sprite and battler mode. :D

(I think, I kinda turn quite mad huh?)

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally noticed why my spriting doesn't always play nice with my Xbox port: the bigger they are, the harder they fall (against the performance of the game itself, that is). In other words, I ended up with a humongous memory leak every time the game loaded a very large enemy sprite sheet.

I ended up manually resizing the offending assets and the problem has dissipated significantly. This may also require an audit of enemy combinations as well, but for now I have enough taken care of with this.

In terms of progress, I decided to make a change to the flow of the introduction sequence. Until now this has been defined by the time from where you escape the security control tower to after you receive your first payment of gold; now you also have to enter the first settlement and talk with everyone you can before the story will advance. After that (and your first real battle which is determined completely at random) the opening sequence will roll and the adventure will officially begin.

GBJackson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My goal for 2021:
Work has begun on what I hope to be a series of short story adventures set in my own IP world. It is called "The Chronicles of Omero." I've been doing a RMMZ-centric tutorial series for building the framework for an adventure/rpg hybrid, and what I cover in that is being used heavily in the project.

I was fairly far along into world building when I realized that I just wasn't getting the vibe I was looking for, so I ended up rethinking the aesthetic approach I was using, and am currently satisfied with the results. The gameworld will lend itself to the exploration present in the original Legend of Zelda, so even though every chapter will have a short story with character progression, where will be a lot of secrets to find, all contributing to the overall percentage score for the chapter.

If I can maintain my current momentum, my goal is to release Chapter One before the end of June. I won't make any promises, as I have a long history of life throwing me curveballs, forcing me to put my projects on hold. But right now, that is the plan. Beyond that, I want to get back to doing my video tutorial series for the framework, bringing in the concepts I have applied to my project since the last video in that series. I'll also be producing Chapter 2 with a goal to have it released before the end of December, though I can honestly say that my process will go a lot smoother and faster as a lot of the work troubleshooting and implementing mechanics will have already been done, so I will need only adapt a lot of things to the new chapter.

Well, that is how I see the rest of 2021 going. Everyone have a blessed day...

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Slow progress is slow, but I am on a 7 day work-on-my-game streak :D

I finished two interior maps, edited my placeholder map so it's no longer placehholder, added events to the wells in my game (they are now interactable), added NPCs to Windmill and wrote dialogue for some of them.

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
End Of May Goals:

I decided to primarily focus on Starcrossed this month. That meant that I actually finished the Itch page which is something productive to start the month off. I've also managed to animate the four main NPCs with some basic/general face movements as well as create some basic backgrounds.

My main goal for this month is to make the backgrounds a little bit better and design additional emotion sprites for the NPCs. If I have the time, I'm going to get started on transferring chapter two into Starcrossed but I'll be happy with just the art side of things.

Last edited:

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This year goals:

- Finish Learn RPG Maker MV
- Translate Learn to Aprenda RPG Maker MV
- Get back to working on my Porradaria series (planning a reboot made in RPG Maker)

This month goals and process:

- Variables Lesson (32%)
- Porradaria reboot game plot (86%)
- Porradaria reboot cover art (0%)

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Progress is still going good :)
I finished making all the dwarf sprites. They're no longer VXAce sprites, but a mix style of DS and XP. Took forever, but I'm pleased to see them match the rest of the sprites in my game. (Now, there's only the giants left...)
I edited ForeverZer0's journal script (with some help from Roninator) to my liking, although I couldn't get it to do exactly what I wanted with the text (size, placement, where to cut off). So I resorted to using pictures for the actual description:
5uZK573.png

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Found a major plugin conflict that was doing more harm than good in the Xbox build. I had been using the performance upgrade plugin to alleviate a small delay in the flow of battle when a regular attack is used by the enemy, but unfortunately it also ended up giving me some serious memory leaks which slowed down the game any time I used a multi-hit skill (read: all or multiple enemies). Needless to say, the issue was serious enough to have my demo sent back for retesting and reprogramming.

I'm guessing there's a potential issue between the performance upgrade and the YEP animated battlers, but due to the license change the chances of legally resolving the conflict are slim to none so I removed the performance plugin completely even though there's a slight pause on the first turn with the attack type.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Was able to return to game dev after taking like 10 days to just rest after the semester end. Progress report:

-Finished that cutscene I was stuck on last time I reported.
-Drew a rough draft final dungeon map. I hate it though so will be working on it more from here.
-Also starting to work on a redo of my skill system for my next game.

WingedHares

I live and thus, I regret üv\)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Special thank you to @Shaz for letting me know of this thread :'3

Anyways~ Hey, everyone! WingedHares is my studio name, but I go by Nameless L.W. ( I'll probs start putting my alias at the end to avoid confusion ) uwu

And here's my goal for 2021!
Pretty much just to finish the demo of my currenct focus project; ReLIVE: Metanoia. It's a science fantasy life simulation game focusing on character interraction :D

I'm doing most of the work with a programmer to fill in for the stuff I can't do, so I'll be reporting her progress too ^w^)/

And well, it's pretty much the end of the month, so I'll say my goal for June, lol. For June, my main goal is to finish eventing the Prologue and Day 1 of Chapter 1. That means making all the art assets and finishing up the writing too. I've already got half of the writing and some character concepts done so far :D

Considering the project started in May, it's really progressing quite nicely~ Wow, I feel like ages have passed tho, wth x'D Probs the in-game timezone talking, lol.

I also gotta compile royalty free sounds and music for the demo. Things that are lacking in the default MZ assets.

EDIT;; I'm not sure if double posting is allowed even when it's on another day, so~ I'll just do update edits until someone else posts on the thread :D

Monday, May 31st 2021

Last day of the month, woo!
- I made some progress on the Prologue eventing and concepted a throne room with the default assets. I'll be replacing them with my own assets later ^v^)

Thank you and good luck with your project :D

- More sound and plugin hunting today~ Honestly, that took the most time. Sounds gotta fit the vibe then need to be converted to the correct files and some plugins need a bit of time to figure out, especially when you're a tech dummy like me :'D

- Asked my programmer to make a text window fade plugin for a seamless warning text. She's quite new, so I hope she can do it without problems uvu

And other miscs!
Tuesday, June 1st 2021

- Figured out plugin shenanigans. Special thank you to @caethyril for helping me out uwu)

- Proofread and edited the Prologue. Added some new elements, but unsure whether to go with it yet since it feels rather clunky. Only the first pass tho, so who knows :'3

- Beginning work on the throne room / hall tileset. Hopefully I won't regret this whole custom size thing x'D
They'll be fairly rendered, so this'll take a while uwu

Plus other miscs and that's it~
We officially survived May!
Let's do our best for June too! ^v^)/
( Also, it's my birthday month owo; )

So, that's it for now~ Wish us luck ^w^)/

- Nameless L.W.

Last edited:

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Goal for June: I don't know, anything meaningful at this point.

After a long break due to work, I have started working on my games again. Not much progress on Battle Castle besides brainstorming, but I have started to redesign Mountain Village, and will do the same to the rest of the maps since I will be using a new tileset.

In my post apocalyptic game, I have finally finished adding the weight system, and am continuing work with balancing and implementing other systems. I just added a "do your laundry" quest, and as with any post apocalyptic world, such simple tasks may not be safe.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I took a bit of a break the last few days of May, but still got some progress done before:
- Finished adding two new sidequests and their cutscenes.
- Finished the Sweetheart Roland sidequest. This one can be started in the old demo still available, but you weren't able to complete it, as the area where he's hiding wasn't available.

My goal for June would be script related. There's still a few menu's that I want to change layout wise, so it all matches, namely the save/load menu, the quest menu and the achievement menu. The save/load menu seems to be the easiest, so that one's probably next.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I made the determination that the YEP battle plugin was the biggest problem in my Xbox port and the performance plugin was doing the exact opposite without so I'm now using the default battle interface. This also meant replacing the enemy animations plugin, but on the other hand I have a bit more flexibility in terms of required assets.

Not much else to share regarding progress aside from isolating the plugin issues, however I will now be moving on to my next task which is to implement full achievement functions across all supported services in addition to reevaluating the demo so that I can document the changes for the purpose of certification. I am also in contact with the local SBDC office regarding the startup process to formally begin my business operations, and the office director also happened to have a contact who might be able to offer support (no guarantees, though!)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My favorite thing about my magical girl Yuki is her ahoge can sense food, she's lazy and a crybaby and LOVES food
ahahahaha just some girls yunaandyuka.png
and some girls im working on
1624241110918.png
Not about my game project but i feels like to talk about it a bit. :kaohi:
moka.jpg

It's my コテキャ and maybe closest thing in english is a "avatar personality" i guess?
Her design also looks very similar to protagonist from my game because i'm so uninspiring :kaoslp:
Oh and my hobby is sleeping and drawing. :kaojoy:
Okay, so it seems I've found a major bug in VNM. Check my thread about variable buttons in the support forum for more info.
Man, this quick One Map game is causing unprecedented amounts of trouble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
komradiv