BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally in the process of setting up my game for ID@Xbox now that I'm officially approved, however the system for that is nowhere near as forgiving as Steam was in terms of using my existing application entry so I literally have to restart my versioning with a new product definition. However, I'll most likely be keeping the old entry in use for a potential closed beta (since the new entry can replace the old one if I give the word prior to the full launch). I've also determined my achievement plan as well and have been rolling that out across Steam and GameJolt so that all versions are in sync per my developer requirements (itch I'm not sure about since there's no parallel, may just have to make that page a hub for all the other versions in order to maintain compliance). This will also affect my plans for Mac and Ubuntu so those versions will likely have to be moved to Steam in order to meet the aforementioned requirements.

In terms of actual game development I have made a slight name adjustment to one of the settlements in order to match my achievements, and have started updating my battler sprite sheets to include more appropriate frames for damage and evasion. I have also made some minor story adjustments as well.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Work is starting to slow down so I'm able to game dev a couple days a week now. Here's the report from today:

-Play tested Shipwrecked to about the 2 hour point, or about the 1/3rd point in the game. Noted things to change as I played in a document, though I fixed the quick fix things as I went.

Edit: Wow, no other updates? I'll add mine for 4.29 as an edit:

4.29 Update:
-Tweaked some of the opening dialogues to flow better.
-Made it so you can't miss the Handbook of Magic now by making that a cutscene that you trip by stepping close to the object.

Next update probably in May though as it looks like Tues/Thurs/Sat is going to be my game making days for the next few weeks.

Last edited:

Meowsticks

Just a person
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
April Goal Results: Start Chapter 7 goal = Unfinished. :(
I did make a bunch of progress and came up with some good ideas, but the last week and a half I just wasn't really feeling up to working so I didn't get much work done. It feels bad no reaching the goal, but I'd rather put in work when I feel good and creative. It takes longer, but I think it's worth it in the end.

Goal for May: This time I won't use the same one again. :guffaw: Instead, my goal for May is simple - Complete the backlog of stuff I put off. I generally develop the game in a linear way, but I skipped a few major scenes because I didn't know what to write at the time, or didn't have a creative idea so it was a placeholder. My goal is to actually get around to doing those and cross them off my to do list finally.

Good luck to everyone else on your progress, hope it's going well!! :D

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Goal for May:
-Get the first half of Shipwrecked out of alpha and into beta.

This should be doable if work stays low key like it usually does this time of year.

5.1 Update: Updated the cutscenes through the first hour of the game. These were mainly little tweaks and some character lines changed for consistency. Also tested more and noted more things to fix too.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Under normal circumstances this would probably be the 4th time this year I'd say "hey guys I'm back", but honestly I might as well just drop a casual: hey guys how you doing lately?
T4aUVB5.jpg

And then flee.
Mouse Coordinates + Common Events, Custom Actor Parameters & Fantasy Beasts | RPG Maker News #32

BillyJack wrote on RachelTheSeeker's profile.
Checking out your profile pic. Check out missmabs.com and see wildy. http://missmab.com/Cast/wildy.php

Great comic if you havent read it.
Winter Cover.png
Peeps, can we just take some time to appreciate the mods here? They're so friendly, and they're always there for us when we need help. Now that I've been here for two years, I want to thank the mods and admins for keeping it positive here on the forum. They're the reason I've stayed so long! Here's to you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ManYouForgot