PLUEVNR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh.. I didn't notice that thread. Well, let's begin :)

GOALS 2021 :
- Finishing Chapter 1 and chapter 2 of my game Relics' Legacy

GOALS for June :
- Releasing my demo V2 (Prolog + early minutes of chapter 1) ;
- Fixing all bugs if any ;
- Adding some details on chapter 1's maps done so far.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've made a lot of progress in Battle Castle this week. I've been redesigning Mountain Village, and already have multiple building interiors made, rewritten dialogue, and added in emotion faces so conversations are more dynamic. I've also been redesigning states, and adding a bunch of new icons that focus on player accessibility, so you know instantly what a state is by looking at it.

ElCheffe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe a good idea to fix some milestones in a written form even if it's for a hobby project:

Goal for 2021:
Complete the general storyline (Chapter 0 to 5) and the encounter / battlesystem

Goal for June:
Complete the make over of all conversations in Chapter 0 (= Demo). Damn you new knowledge received after half a year of writing dialogue...
Complete all encounters for Chapter 0.
Current progression: Conversations (50%), Encounter (35%)

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Latest progress to report:

1. Returned to a maximum number of six enemies during a battle (was five due to Yanfly workarounds but since I'm not using that particular plugin anymore I can do so without having annoying message overflow in the battle log).
  2. Significantly scaled back the number of achievements. I had like 100 because I was counting every piece of player progression which I decided would get repetitive like STAT, now they're primarily used for major objectives (although there are still a few which unlock based on player actions).
  3. Determined that my advance implementation of the Xbox achievements was crashing the game as-is, so I changed it to a timer-based value share between the game interface and the C# container. I also reimplemented the Xbox user detection to accommodate this.
  4. Started the process of adding rumble calls to player damage events in battle sequences.
  5. Finished updating the beginning of the game so that it functions more like a tutorial sequence.
More to come later, but I'm working off a sleepless night so I'd better get off this [blank] and get some rest.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well I hadn't checked in since January, so how am I doing?

The good news is, I did finish one January goal, which was release the voiced version of M4U. So there's that!

But alas, I still have The Cursed Tower to contend with.... it's all done writing and eventing and mapping now, and I am almost done cutting batches, after I cut them I just have to apply the lines and then deploy it for beta testing. Almost there....

Then there's writer's block, which had hindered my progress on Rebellion of Gilfer's Bay. But the good news is... since I recently finished a game jam, that helped unclog my brain, and for the first time IN MONTHS I opened RoGB's ACT 2 script and WROTE A SCENE. If all goes well, I will write even more scenes tonight. Maybe even finish the script by next week to send to my VAs, and then the writing portion will be done and I can focus on actually mapping & eventing both acts for once lol.

But my main goal for June is to release tCT's beta, as that is a more realistic goal. As well as at least finish the cutscene script for RoGB.

Other fun tidbit - I finally decided to get the free trial to MZ to play around with it. I'm liking it so far, especially the character generator. So far, I think this engine is worth buying... I mean I've been staring at it for some time and finally decided to give the darn thing a try, maybe I'll do a one map challenge with it before the trial is up. Once I got the funds, I'm grabbin' this one as soon as I can!

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been working on a new district for Collector. So far I have a variety of buildings mapped, but still need more ideas before delving into a smaller scale. I have a lot of tileset editing to do as well.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Dare I sneak back in after such a long time away from this thread?
RL has kept me away from game making for so long that I'm having to work hard just to remember what I did and how I did it!
However, I have been able to do some work this month, so maybe I can get back into a smoother routine.

The only goal I'm setting myself is doing some quite complicated cutscenes to move the story on in a major way. The dialogue here is tricky but important.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes : Welcome back to the thread!

I should post an update too as well.

Early June Update:
-Most of this has been editing a major cutscene at the halfway point of the game and adding in motion so it is not just static text. Also redid some lines that did not read well.
-Also added an option for backtracking to earlier parts of the game without going the long way. Figured it might come in handy if you need to go find a secret room.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Still on the same ship; this time in 3D.
But I am sorry, I am still learning and my perfectionism and dyslexia prevented me from posting this time.
This is my B-Month and it is so far a good one but I am farther closer to get in the 3/4 century.
DC's one is next month and 18yo so it is really old for a tiny cat model like her. She asked me to get a furcut and I wonder if it was her gift or because it was really warm here.

So far, no microvampire in the horizon, the place here slowly unclutters.

I missed the forum but... I think I am 7 years late in life to catch up. XD And I am not growing faster. ;)
I find my 3D too horrid so far to show it ^^

GBJackson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It does not look like Chapter 1 of Chronicles of Omero will be ready by the end of June like I originally projected. I have recently started a new full-time job after spending the last year unemployed, and I find myself with less free time than I had when I made my original projection. I am still working on the project almost every day, but am subject to time constraints. This is not going to be something I will abandon. I've put too much into it already for that.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This is not going to be something I will abandon. I've put too much into it already for that.
That's the spirit! Changes in RL are going to happen (I know, it's been affecting me for over a year now) but often it's our response to those changes, rather than the changes themselves, which makes the ultimate difference.

l8rose

Perpetually Exhausted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So midway/end of June and I've done most of what I wanted this month other than the backgrounds as still adjusting to the new location of my PC. Written a bunch more for Starcrossed and discovered the super easy way to batch in a lot of dialogue... but been looking at other VNs and might be adjusting it a bit as I realized I put a lot more paragraphs than most people do.

So that's all on pause as I have decided to join the Gamejam. My only goal for this is to actually submit a game of the right length at the right time and in the right way (honestly, is there a badge for "fails at entering contests" cause I'd totally have that now). This also means I will probably be updating my MZ edits thread as well so more art stuff too.

CleanWater

Independent Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know it doesn't depends only of me, but I'm trying to reach the $7,77 goal on my game Summer Sale! :biggrin:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have managed to complete my cut scenes ahead of schedule. No doubt I will tweak them over time, but atm I'm pleased with the way they have turned out.

I have also restarted giving feedback in the Game & Map Screenshots thread, something I used to do a lot. I've noticed that fewer and fewer people are giving feedback, which I think is a shame.

Next goal is to map out the next section of the world map showing the region our heroes are moving to. I don't have one massive map, which I find too cumbersome, as well as time consuming. That will involve making new tiles showing the city etc. that they are going to. I try and have something that is at least similar to what the town looks like once you're in it.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh yeah, this is a thing. Thanks for reminding me of its existence, @Kes .

So, 2021 goals:
- finish Heidi, with or without this battle system.
- Finish the demo of MD (a Unity game I'm afraid of talking about because it's not RM).

June goals:
- Figure out what's giving me trouble with this battle system, and either recruit someone to help me fix it or take it out.
- Actually work on AD.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An unfortunate update to announce that I'm reconsidering cross-gen support due to the the addition of new functionality. More specifically, I'm trying to use AlphaNET Z to add multiplayer support and my Xbox build is not cooperating on older hardware when other players are connected. Barring a resolution from the developer I'm probably going to have to go next-gen only if this bottleneck can't be resolved.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'm going to have to postpone my June goal as I haven't been able to complete it yet and I'm entering the Touch the Stars game jam, so I won't have time to do it.

Some progress has been made on my entry already. I've been eventing the mini-game, but have run into a few snags, that I'm unable to fix for now. Hopefully I can fix it and if not I'll probably change the initial concept to something that does work as intended.
I did the world building yesterday and finished writing the basic plot today. (Though rewrites are likely to happen.) I also designed the outfits, here's a WIP:
outfitwips.png
Upper row are the school uniforms, bottom row are the magical outfits. (Colors will be changed later, don't worry)

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
:rswt I managed to let myself get talked into making the pixel art for a Touch the Stars entry, so my main goal is to finish everything without spontaneously combusting!

I decided to start on character sprites first, since they're generally the most time-consuming part for me ^^
9g7cMLf.gif
XV7BOXY.gif
IDVor2L.gif

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Amysaurus I'm sure whoever talked you into doing the pixel art is congratulating themselves, as those character sprites are really good, and distinctive as well.

@slimmmeiske2 I've never entered one of these game jams, as I know I cannot work quickly enough to complete anything. Good luck with your entry.

I have finished the first draft of my town map. Still a lot to do on it e.g. NPC dialogues, route moves etc., plus all the interiors, but I'm pleased I've been able to make a start on it. I posted the draft on Game Map & Screenshots thread, you can see it here if you are interested.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Amysaurus They look adorbs. Looking forward to seeing the project. :D
@Kes Thank you! It's definitely a completely different beast, but so far the only games I ever have finished were jam entries. (Wish I could finish one of my other projects :aswt:)

Some updates on my jam entry:
- I finished the sprite sheets for the school uniforms yesterday. I'm hoping to finish the magical outfits by this Friday. If those are done, there's still some more sprite work to do, like teachers, the villains and SV battlers. :kaocry:
- I'm using whatever downtime I have at work to write the story. I already changed some parts of the plot I had written (mostly near the end) and divided them up in three chapters. It's looking to be longer than an hour, so I'm mostly going to focus on the first chapter and the second chapter if time allows it. Anyway, yesterday I finished writing the two intro cutscenes and started on the next one. I'm pretty happy with the dialogue so far. :D
- I fixed a script call error in my mini-game, but there's still a lot of bugs happening :(

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

PSA: please stop putting the word 'Eternal' in your game titles.
RMMZ: "Simple enough for a child!"
also RMMZ: "What, you're trying to make an RPG and you didn't know about Euler angles?"
I kinda spent the day having my own little gamejam and came up with this Catastrophe!

GZOq45s.png
Have Defeated Enemy Join Party as Actor, Show Passage Status, & MZ-Chan Art | RPG Maker News #107

My outfit at Metrocon. It was fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuddyKoeol