slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Kes Oh, that looks really nice. Actually reminds me a lot of the XP battlebacks.

Update time:
- Testing & bugfixing are still underway.
- Added in all NPCs and dialogue for the morning shift.
- Added in those puzzle graphics I made the day before.

Goals for today:
- Test, fix, polish.
- Find music.
- Remove what's unnecessary from the menu for now.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ended up not making as much progress as I had hoped, but I'll keep pushing through!

Yesterday's progress:
  • Finished basic plot flow planning
  • Created base and polish of two maps
  • Created some map specific tiles
Today's goals:
  • Make final map (so I can be certain I can at least tie to the ending)
  • Continue making as many maps as possible
  • Create cutscenes for existing maps
  • Optionally: think of extra story points
  • Optionally: prepare credits
Good luck to everyone working on their games!

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Goal for the year: Complete enough of my game as to get the main questline done. That would be great!

Goal for the month to crawl towards the yearly goal: Currently working on the character portraits for the main heroes. After, will work on the villain's. I currently have five portraits done, though one is a prominent npc guide and nonjoinable, and the halfling (Bellarose) I am uncertain if she is even going to stay in the game. I am currently working on Sigurd's sister, Sigrun.

Left to right: Lady Rhoswen of the White Rose, Saga, Sigurd, Pindar and Bellarose.

Collage.png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Guardinthena Those characters look so interesting. Well done. If you end up not using Bellarose, I hope you keep her for something else. It would be a shame for such lovely work to be shelved.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Weekly update here:

Been working on the database entries now for Montagor's Legacy. Also got some of the plug-ins set up as I want them. Still in placeholder city and will probably be there for a few months though as things like UI and sprites and facesets are lower end of the priority at this point in time.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's only been 3 days, but maybe a shorter update: I kinda scrapped the original code i took from the site and started reimplementing it from scratch using current library versions for three.js and cannon.js (well, that one isn't maintained anymore, so somewhat current). I got the geometries and physic shapes for the dices down, added some walls to the simulation and am now hopefully ready to start rolling them around. I also suck at making videos, so you will have to do with this picture of a D10, by far the most painful one, as it's not a platonic solid and i had to add the vertices and faces by hand:

dice_demo.png

In the actual demo, it would rotate, so you would see it's actually in 3D. The white part is the actual geometry that's going to be rendered (no textures so far), the light green stuff is the mesh and indicators for the walls where the dice should bounce off.

Doing so got me thinking if it wouldn't also be nice to just have a simple 3D viewer plugin, so players could inspect items, rotate them around and maybe do something if an item is looked at from a certain angle. There's no physics involved, so that should be a lot easier.

/edit: And i just found out that this actually exists already, but maybe i'll do it anyway.

Guardinthena

Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is so wonderful to be posting in this thread again. I can't believe I forgot about it at all! Everyone on here is amazing and wonderful and it is so cool to see everyone's process and talents!

@bgillisp - Thank you for the compliment! I hope I get to use Bellarose too! I have an entire story arc with her and two others (that are dwarfs) but I am uncertain if I can weave their story arc in with the rest of everything else. I am toying with the idea of these heroes having their own stories and everything collides at the end. I think Octopath did this right? I never played so I am uncertain. If I do decide that, I am debating about whether or not I should jump between groups while the game goes along, or if the player just runs across them later.

Well, in terms of an update, I completed another character portrait yesterday and am currently working on finishing up inking another one before coloring her in. The one completed is Sigrun, a rogue, and younger sister to Sigurd, the ranger.

Sigrun.png

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I worked with amy as the concept artist and game designer for the game was very fun I had to rattle my brain a lots lmao being on a a position where people expect you to be able to give your vision was pretty intense.

a lots of progress has been made!

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Another small update: The dice are (as far as i can tell) correctly thrown and simulated. Right now the simulation doesn't "end". It's pretty easy to tell when an object is no longer moving, afterwards i need to check which side is facing up (or down, in case of d4). Also, still no textures and the lighting only works partially, so debugging is still on to show the edges.

Sadly, Nvidia doesn't seem to recognize the game and records the whole desktop, so i guess you get a peek at my IDE as well as the massive contents in my test project:

The next step will be some dummy textures to see which side has which number, then making sure the script correctly recognizes the rolled numbers. There's also no sound, yet, an important part of rolling dice. Cannon.js already recognizes collisions between objects, it shouldn't be too hard to register a handler for that.

/edit: The roll now correctly stops after all dice are below a velocity threshold or 10 seconds have passed (just a fallback, usually it only takes like a second). Also, rolls can be cancelled and restarted, which wasn't possible before, and everything is cleaned up properly.

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@Guardinthena Your art looks amazing! It looks very detailed and vibrant.
@SmashArtist I hope you had a productive weekend.
@bgillisp Who doesn't love a stay in Placeholder City? It's good to see you're making a lot of progress :)

I meant to post my progress this weekend... and then I didn't. We're in the final stretch, fellow jammers (that's the correct terminology right?). I hope you're all doing well. Congrats to those who have submitted already and good luck to those still working (like me).

Updates:
- Found music. Not all of it fits 100%, but I don't have much time, so it'll have to do.
- Edited the menu, so it only shows Save/Load/Options/Shutdown.
- Changed two of my puzzles slightly, one to make it easier and the other to make it more difficult.
- Replaced the last of my placeholders.
- Added NPCs that appear in the evening, as well as some small cutscenes to better tie sections of the game together
- Tested, bugfixed and polished.

Goal for today:
- Write the synopsis for the itch.io page.
- Fix that darned match 3 game. Honestly this (besides even more testing) is the only actual thing left. I've been putting it off, hoping while working on other aspects I would have a Eureka moment and know how to fix it. So far, that's a no, so guess with the deadline on the horizon, it's just time to look at it and cry (and who knows maybe that helps?).

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@slimmmeiske2 I wouldn't even know how to start to make a match 3 game in RPGM. Good luck with your bug hunting.

Update
I think I'm about 90% done on creating all the tiles I need for my forest, and have done a map using them. You can see it in this post, if you want to, together with a short video of me running around on the map testing the passabilities in the data base after my reply to Frostorm.

Next goal
Do all the other maps, and any other tiles I find I need. I'm going to allow 2 weeks for that, as life is a bit busy (or should I say, busier even than normal?). Of course, this is a way of putting off doing the enemy battler sprites.

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@slimmmeiske2 thanks for checking in! I haven't been doing as much progress as I've hoped, so whether or not I'll be able to complete and submit my game will be based on how much I get done today. (no pressure :kaoswt2: )

Yesterday's progress:
  • Polished existing maps
  • Created cliff map 1
  • Updated HP values
Today's goals:
  • Get priority maps completed
  • Get cutscenes completed

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Progress:
- I finished up the pixel art for the jam entry over the last few days, so now I'm catching up on sleep! I'm super excited to see what everybody has come up with once the deadline rolls around ^^

Up next:
- Onto the next project(s)! I'm working on a small game with a good friend of mine, then reviving an old project. Should be interesting!

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@SmashArtist The crunch is real. I hope everything went fine and your goals were completed. Good luck!
@Kes Neither do I apparentely. I mean it works fine on your first match, but then the bugs start to arise. :(
@Amysaurus When you say old project, do you mean Second Chances? Are you still working on that?

Update:
There honestly isn't much to update on, as I didn't have time to write the itch.io page. I have come to terms that the match 3 game is just way too bugged right now and that I really can't fix it in time. So time for plan B and switch the match 3 fight to just a normal battle, so I can submit this game on time.
Goals for today:
- Write that itch.io page
- Database stuff like skills, armour, weapon
Optional: - Make the SV battler

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yesterday ended up going very well! I got all the maps completed and the game is finally playable from start to finish! Today, since I found some extra time, I'll be working further on the project.

Yesterday's progress:
  • Finished all maps (base+polish+events)
  • Added in boss
  • Did a few balancing tweaks
  • Fixed some bugs/unfinished mechanics
  • Prepared end sequence
Today's Goals:
  • Finish start+end cutscenes
  • Finish tutorials
  • Polish cutscenes
  • Do some specific tweaks
  • Create and submit to itch
  • Make thread on the forums
This is the last stretch! I'm not the most happy with how the game turned out, but I'll be happy if I finish and submit it anyways! :kaopride:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

All aboard the Advent calendar train, riding Avery's coattails as an excuse to make more sprites. ;)
Advent2021-01.gif

Get 'em in my thread in General Resources.
I had a dream where it was Friday, and what happened in the dream was irrelevant, because I woke up and it's not Friday, so I'm sad.
edit: third time's the charm? some graphic text I whipped up that I like for the mid-game intertitle, now with all of the actual letters in the stupid damn words I was trying to spell :uswt2:
kcsmall.png
It is december, my dudes

badge_xmas.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Indigo_Nik