cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've made a lot of progress the last 2 weeks on Battle Castle. Mountain Village is totally done, unless I decided to modify the forest off to the side. I also changed various aspects of the equipment, added a new windowskin, and various other things.
I got back to working on the Cube Trail today, and am currently doing the final area before the demo ends. I've still got a ton of skills to make :kaosigh:, the other monster variants, and other busywork before I can re-release it.

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We're in the polishing stages of AD's demo (again). I'll be working on making a demo based on the completed version of Heidi today, so I can release it and the full game by Friday. Chrysalis is coming along. I'm working on the last floor and it'll be ready for release again.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Localization has been delayed into 2022, however I am closing in on the part where I left off. In the meantime I have managed to incorporate a script rewrite into the part of the game that I'm at which uses material originally planned to be used later in the story but which I think will better serve the script at the point where my substance attack occurs instead.

EDIT: I'm also preparing to release my console SDK for Xbox development in the new year, since there has been interest from at least one other person around here.

Last edited:

MGGEDev

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So far development has been going at a great pace. The next step is getting to a point where it is safe to release a demo. (A stage when not too many significant mechanical changes will be needed.)

After that, hopefully will be able to take on another freelance spriter for character sprites to make RPG Maker sprites from the designs by our other artists.

Gearing up quite nicely for a 2022 release.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally managed to get my testing save back to where I left off in terms of story content, and in the process I found yet another bug and a balance issue, both of which are now taken care of. In addition I was able to make an improvement to my custom encounter setup which will now check for transfer between maps and delay the counting of steps if transfer is detected. Unfortunately I was not able to immediately reset a one count step status, so needless to say it but players in my game won't be able to manipulate encounter timing just by moving between floors of a dungeon or similar area types.

EDIT: Make that two bugs. I had to change the CGMV vehicle system to use a dummy switch (one that will always be turned off) because I'm using the WASD control method and the A key was always triggering interior transfer which I am not using for my project, not to mention that I had a conflict with another plugin which also resulted from this.

Last edited:

ElCheffe

JRPG Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
December passed quickly but it could be worse. I made some progression but not as much as I had hoped.

Targets for December:
  1. Create Tutorials - 100%
  2. Create Intro / Outro for Demo - 50%
  3. Integrate more voice acting - 75%
  4. Continue to implement Monster Audio for all enemies in chapter 0 - 75%
I guess I underestimated the effort to include voice acting and in addition encountered some issues with a new PlugIn. In fact I had to redo a lot of events due to this...

Targets for January:
  1. Create Outro for Demo
  2. Integrate last bits of voice acting
  3. Adjust animations for new battler sprite size
  4. Start proofreading
Phew, at least I can't complain about running out of work...

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've been converting all my in game maps to use lighting overlays instead of a script to cut down on lag. So far I have around 80 or so maps to go before I can upload a new demo version (and I'll probably add some new content too).

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the absence of a 2022 thread I'm going to just continue this one (or at least close it out). I've just finished writing the Wukong scenario with my own special twist, and connected the elven order to a related incident that builds upon this matter. Needless to say but in my game the head elf gets the Miranda ritual and goes into lockdown as a presumed suspect because a travesty involving one of his own had a severe case of some very bad timing. (Tragically it doesn't end very well, and takes a bit of coercion by the deceased's successor in the line of inheritance of the elven order to convince them to give the humans another chance in exchange for providing some assistance in restoring those who were affected by the elven order's response to the travesty.)

My next objective to write involves the succubbi order (and I know what you're thinking about their kind based on the usual depiction, but in my game that's yesterday's news) and how matters there contributed to the disappearance of their own leadership (who also happen to be the ones who have changed the order away from its traditional behaviors of seduction and pain).

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Technical update this time. This morning I retooled my game installer that I'm planning to use for itch and gamejolt so that it can download files again (since I took down my old patch server to cut costs) and had a few outstanding issues with the new download setup (which required some mucking with htaccess directives) however everything is now back in order with that. I also updated the installer's audio loop to be a bit more seamless as well, and also forked the installer for my upcoming Xbox SDK release.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm finally finished updating my lighting! It only took working on it all day, every day over the weekend. Now I can actually update the demo soon with new stuff.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I actually got back to working on my post apocalyptic game recently, due to playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R Misery. I finished updating all of my firearms with the correct skills and damage formulas, I updated most of the armor (but I still have to tweak them a bit), I adjusted all the radiation values for food, and did a good chunk of brainstorming. That being said, there's still a lot to do and I plan on working on it all week.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Major milestone as I have finally figured out what was f***ing up the multiplayer wait counter in my project. It ended up being two things:
  1. I was trying to detect by map ID for players split between the next and previous maps, but it turned out that it doesn't work if I do it like that; instead, I had to detect by total players logged in vs. those who had moved on to the next area.
  2. I also had duplicate common events on each map past the first one in order to facilitate wait detection, but of course I completely forgot that I didn't have any progressive conditionals on these events so they would fire regardless of who was where, resulting in some very annoying soft-lock conditions.
I also took the opportunity to update the wait counter message to use a blinking, "all at once" picture message rather than spelling it out by letters in a text window.

Outside of multiplayer design I started the material for the succubbi order and intend to have it culminate with a forced retreat into a portal that for a number of reasons was never closed properly once the unnamed threat in my game became a big-enough issue to warrant such drastic concern... and which will go straight into my biggest twist yet when they find out what's on the other side.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An unfortunate delay in the Xbox version of my project is about to be reported due to this morning's announcement for RPG Maker Unite as it could legitimately make my current console build obsolete thanks to the use of Unity for the new toolset. In the meantime, I have changed the order of the guardian battles so that the succubbi order is handled before the encounter with my implementation of the Medusa guardian (and in fact these two specific scenes have been switched from each other's previously-defined places in the boss order).

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A big design update today. After some tinkering with the modern generator parts I was able to change the protective equipment design in my project from a combination of the default scrub pods and an intake line to a completely self-contained design structure that I think better fits what I intend to accomplish, particularly since the same equipment is later used to investigate an undersea incident which with the default appearance didn't exactly make sense for my requirements.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, the decision is in. As a result of the pending release of RPG Maker Unite, I have made the difficult decision to cancel the release of the MV Console SDK as it is now considered obsolete due to the circumstance. Concurrent with this decision the publishing offer that I have previously posted for MV and MZ projects has been canceled as well as the services are no longer considered a priority. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience that this may cause.

Please note that I will not comment further on any matters related to Xbox or general console porting jobs until after the release of RPG Maker Unite, so please don't ask or I will report your comments.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Woah, times flew away so pretty fast. It seems that latest years pressure finally hit me hard as I kinda settled down from the rolling bad lucks and no I am rather shy/scared to go on internet. DC who is now a 18yo and a half lady cat (that is kinda 100+yo equivalent in human since a while now with her petite frame) might not make it 19. ...And she kinda saved my life and the one of many animals her whole life, so she is still close to me when I get to the forum.

I finished the 3D spaceship and it was used briefly in Pegasus Broken Wings, I recall doing illustrations and logotype too.

But sure finished one Lettership around Christmas and I am starting a new one that I'll post soon.

I need to reach out these days as time seems to had seemed to freeze since 2019 for me and I am loosing fast my confidence.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
An unfortunate update regarding the multiplayer in my current MV-based project version. As the server and code are currently based on Russian contributions I have made the difficult decision to cancel these features due to the economic sanctions which are impacting the region. This affects the Alpha MZ plugins specifically and my project is among those anticipated to be affected because of the situation in the region.

I am unaware at present of any other impacts or how Degica would handle something like this. I am also not saying this to get political about the matter. However, as a precaution I am excising this material from my project as a matter of compliance perception personal solidarity.

Last edited:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A few quick updates on my asset design that I decided to share. Still not sure how or if this will be affected once I move to Unite (although I have done some preliminary work in Unity to prepare for the switch in the meantime) but I have decided on how I'm going to do the self-contained protection system design so that it's a lot more realistic and also serves the dual-function that's applied to its use later on in the story from when it's first introduced. (Also, I decided to use it for my forum avatar since I think it came out real well for my intentions.)

Attachments

• Protective.png
    Protective.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 1
  • Protective.png
    Protective.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 1

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Man, I redid so many systems/mechanics in my game lately. But now I have 4 classes down, only 12 to go...lol:kaoswt2:

I think I'm going to complete all the class trees/skills at the rate of 1 class per week. Which comes out to 3 more months.:kaosigh:

But I'm really happy that I redid my skill-learn system and converted it to a true skill tree (instead of a pseudo skill tree before). A few family members brought up the idea of providing some funding for my project, but I think I'll have to pass on that. I kind of want to keep it a passion project and not turn it into a $$$ thing.

thepsyche

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
2022 Goal: Release a game.

Monthly Goal: Promote the demo!

Honestly, getting to this point has kept me so busy, that I have a newfound appreciation of all you indie developers doing the same thing. Kudos to you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

HexMozart88 wrote on RHachicho's profile.
Hey wait a minute, I remember you!
Granny.gif
Nap! Knit! Read! Repeat!
Granny's got a busy life now :3
Бас Лого.png
Reflections on the topic of choosing the path of the main character )
Now I want to change back to a Class system again xD Around and around we go!
Progress on the title graphic:
titledemo3.png
titledemo2.png
I'm still looking at the best way to do the subtitle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zouthay