cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm super close to releasing my "early look" demo for the revamped Battle Castle. All I have left to do is tweak a tiny bit of dialog, and finished updating my forum post, then it'll be out!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And so, "blooded but unbowed" I stagger in to say that When the Light Dies got released yesterday on time - but, as predicted in my last post, the trailer isn't ready yet. That's less important for the Aldorlea site than it is for Steam, but it won't be put on Steam for quite a while yet.

Just waiting for my thread in Completed Commercial Games to be approved and then I'll come back here to post the link so that if anyone is interested to see what it's like, you can look at all the screenshots etc.

Ellenor

Artist: Digital/Pixelart/3D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Other
I've been working like a madwoman on polishing up old sprites and next month I'll have finish ALL animations and 3d objects needed for the june demo XD

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I want to release a free playable demo of my game. This is the goal in development that I set for myself. In order not to lose my way and continue to walk at all costs, I show progress every Friday. Let it be a picture, or a transfer of the dialogue from MV to MZ, or a new graphic.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I finally released my revamped demo of Battle Castle. Anyone willing to play it and give feedback?

Ellenor

Artist: Digital/Pixelart/3D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
Other
This month I've to finish all the graphics for the demo, which is a town + all npc's +a forest + monsters with two isometric angels and fully animated. and polish the damn run cycle which has been hanging over almost finished for over a month. Did lots of other animations but did not finish that one XD
Need two hours to do it yet my brain is like "nope."
The menu hud also have to be finished. (at least I don't have to code.)

Yeah, this will be a hell to finish. But it can be done! For the June demo!"

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
But it can be done!
That's the spirit!

EDIT
My game thread has now been approved. If you would like to see what all the angst has been about, go here.

Last edited:

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
I studied an ol'RPGM game I loved as reference for a multibranched story Iw ant to do and make assets for to games. Got like the fifth of my book full.

Sorry everyone... I wanted to do more here but it might be a bit; Windows updated and kicked me out of Steam, Itchio that I know so far, Yahoo is not showing well formatted. So with the heat I got my hands full.

(Also, I wanted to type HI! here)

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My main goal at the moment is not to lose my sanity.
I have opened up MZ to begin moving from Ace and while some things are nice, others are driving me demented. e.g. why does the engine insist that I must preload Actor1 images? I'm not using anything of that name.

My first big task will be creating tiles. I do not like the default map tiles, so this is going to be a huge task, as MZ doesn't have much in the way of alternatives. I've found a few for MV, which is fine as I have that engine too, but almost everything seems to be either RTP edits or retro pixel. It's mainly town external tiles which seem to be in short supply, imo.

I will then start to get to grips with the layered mapping system. Once I've cracked it, this should save me a lot of time as I always have things mapped so that the playercan walk behind buildings, walls, cliff tops etc. In Ace that meant some very complex and time consuming tasks, in MZ I'm hoping it will be straightforward.

That should more than see me to the end of the month.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes : You can also port over your ACE tiles once MZ version 1.5 comes out as it is going to allow you to select your tile size. Sadly that would require a little waiting though.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@bgillisp I weighed that one up as part of my decision to move. Yes, it would be nice in that it would save me a lot of work, but on the other hand, with larger tiles I can use taller sprites and finally get away from even the moderate chibi heads that Ace sprites have. (As for MZ chibi heads - don't get me started!)

I actually have a cunning plan for some Ace tiles. Well, not so cunning really. We have all moaned about books too big to fit on tables, buckets the same height as the player and so on. Well, with larger MZ tiles the size of Ace objects will be much less ridiculous. As I won't be using the default tiles, it means I shan't have to worry about editing objects to match the style and hue/saturation/brightness/etc differences between the 2 engines.

Then throw in on top all the plugins and better features e.g. map layers, and it will, I hope, be worth the effort. Ofc that still leaves me the job of finding out how to do all the little things I'd sorted in Ace, like having 3 lines in the description boxes, how to get a whole bunch of NPCs to do the same thing with just one event command etc. Plus all my custom scripts. (sigh). It wasn't an easy decision, but I think MZ still came out just ahead.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes : Well if it makes you feel any better we'll be fighting this about the same time. I'm moving to MZ for Montagor's Legacy once Shipwrecked goes to Beta.

AeroFunk80

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
2022 EOY Goals

RPG Maker Projects:
  1. Release my demo for bio-Sythentica
  2. Release my demo for Tales of Yuria 2
  3. Patch & Update Tales of Yuria: Mausoleum of the Gods
Personal:
  1. Lose 10 pounds and be beach body ready :p
  2. Play and beat God of War: Ragnarok (assuming it releases in 2022) - Please GOD!
  3. Become TikTok famous by learning how to dance and smiling at a camera while winking.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm actually planning to release my very first RM project, from back in the days I only had Ace Lite. Today I worked on small improvements, like adding a transfer to a secret area I had forgot to connect to, fixing some of the transfer points to be by player touch rather, correcting typos, and using self switches instead of erase events when you recruit certain NPCs. I did things in a really messy way back in the day haha. But I feel like it'll be a nice thing to release just to compare how far I've come. I am still not the best RM user, but there have been improvements. This was a project, due to the map and event limitation, I was doing in a series of acts. I only ever completed ACT I, and barely started ACT II. But at least the first one is playable.

Kokoro Hane

Overly Ambitious
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kokoro Hane Seeing the improvements when we go back to much earlier stuff is so motivating. I hope you have a smooth release.
It is! Especially going back and seeing the wonky ways you used to do things lol.
And thanks! It was such a silly project, but it taught me a lot and I have a thing of sharing some of my older work for historical purposes. It's my 10th year of game dev'ing this year, so releasing a lot of these old, prototype works are kind of an anniversary celebration thing (I haven't been using RM that long, very close though, but my overall dev'ing has been 10...with my team, at least, if we want to get technical it'd be 11 lol).

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I've hit writers block in Montagor's Legacy and Shipwrecked is basically in the needs testing phase, so I started work on another project as I ponder those a little as I find it best to let a game I'm testing sit a week or two, then go back so I'm looking at it more fresh.

New project I got the plot outline written (8 Chapters planned), the party of 5 decided on for this one, and got the initial skills and weapons/armor database done. Still got items to create but got to run some errand soon so that will be tomorrow. Also got basic plugins installed and set up for now.

Image of the menu if curious. Everything is a placeholder and can and will probably change in development. Will these 5 save the world? Find out...soon.

Attachments

• New_game_Screen1.png
    New_game_Screen1.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 12

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spent the last few days in Covid lockup so I used the time for adding my level 5 slime and what I believe is my level 2 zombie as well as my (confirmed) level 2 possessed armor, which have been designated to the research center quest that closes out my "reverse isekai" scenario which I have also updated. All that remains is to balance out the boss for this sequence and I can set the connection back to the game's main world.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@bgillisp I also find that doing other things helps to unblock ideas. It's what I refer to "letting things marinade" for a bit.

There's plenty of marinading going on at the moment as I have only entered the foothills of what's needed in terms of tile creation. There isn't just a mountain in front of me, it's the whole Himalayan range. I'm finding that the switch from 32x32 to 48x48 isn't just a question of doing things bigger, all sorts of things which I can do almost automatically won't work because they won't tile seamlessly at a bigger size. However, I'm quite pleased with what I have managed to do so far. What I have found is that trying to upsize any of Ace tiles I made is a bit of a disaster, so no short cuts there. Even increasing x 3 and then reducing x 2 still leaves an unholy mess. But I have found various ways of beating some tiles into submission, leaving (fractionally) fewer to make.

My immediate goal is to get enough tiles done so that I can do a test map of a town. I think I'm nearly there with that. Then onto the next one, and the next, and the....

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Will these 5 save the world?
Maybe... if not for that guy in the middle who HELLA SUS. :kaoswt2: :biggrin:

Progress for Alice:

I'm almost done writin' the initial script for my game! Y'all, drawing naked ladies is great fun, but writing, when it really goes, makes me BURN. :wub :wub :wub

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png
ScreenShot_6_24_2022_9_20_7.png
Here's Mike when you get a preemptive strike in battle. There's another one for when an enemy sneaks up on you too.
Suddenly, games mean nothing. The money spent was worth it to bring souls towards the light of life. May God bless my path forever. I pray that all are shaken for truth and poured out flat on the table of true understanding, knowledge, and wisdom. Bless you.
Finally I bought OMORI...cant wait to get traumatised!!!
Finished making this pretty ambitious forest map. Was wondering what y'all think of it! :kaopride:
1656136876015.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akuakudac