2022 Goals and Progress Thread

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Ahem, world collision here I will attempt THIS!!!!

wipGOON_Library Capsule.png
I think taking it chapter by chapter. A lot of it as research on Matseb's universe integration of my species to it with the creator of Snares Of Ruins permission (And I guess curiosity XD ) .

I also use 3D models that replicate lives one to dress the chars;2022-05-16_08h49_38.png
2022-05-16_08h39_46.png

Lot of fun with the camera :3 One day I may try to do them from scratch in Blender XD
The gun aligning ith the lettering as pure coincidence. Might be I saw trough the lens it was optimal to instill some impeding doom feeling.

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Marquise* That looks good. Well done.

I remember saying during my last project that patterned roofs were "not for the faint-hearted". I want to amend that to: "they are not for the sane (if you wish to stay that way)". It was dreadful trying to get my current set of roofs so that they would tile seamlessly, not helped by the fact that MZ has problems rendering them accurately in the editor. Walls as well - it looks like they have cracks when they don't. Fortunately they are fine in-game.

I've posted the full map in Game and Map Screenshots if anyone is interested, but here is a screenshot from in-game.

screenie 01.png

Next tasks will be getting together resources for interior maps and doing sprites. All that as a distraction from doing stuff in the data base, though I suppose I shall have to do some from time to time so that I'm not faced with doing everything in one go.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well after a lot of wrestling, the ending cutscene for Shipwrecked is done. You can now get a wrap up to events of the game and such.

Now I need to go through and make not static the two static cutscenes I got, and order 2 sprites. I may need more than 2 depending on if I can edit together something else I need, but will try that first and see.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not necessarily a project update, however I have now officially added a banned territory status to my website so that people in Russia and Belarus can't get in (because sanctions). Also, I have started another game jam project so Advent Heroes is on hold for awhile.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's been a productive, but also frustrating, couple of weeks.

I've done quite a number of tiles, enough to give me 2 complete external town sets, and have started on the internal tile sets as well.

Have lauched myself at using plugins which has been reasonably okay apart from one (which I really, really wanted to use) which seems to be incompatible with other, more essential, plugins.

What's been the most frustrating is that I have an enormous stock of useful script calls, all of which are, of course, useless in their present form. I've started the lengthy task of getting them converted to JS but there are a couple (which I used a lot) that can't be converted because the methods no longer exist in MZ. Why ditch 'transition'? It doesn't make sense. All that can be done now is the straightforward, boring, fade in/fade out transition.

Plan for the next couple of weeks is to carry on getting more of my script calls sorted for things that aren't covered by any plugin. I probably will run out of displacement activity and will have to start doing things in the data base. It would be nice if I could get the bare bones of my opening cut scene sorted.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Managed to revise the opening map of my next game and get the plugins set up to a degree. I got a couple I'll need to set up once I get more other side stuff done first, but for now its at least in a placeholder state.

Got 5 maps still to go though for the opening 'chapter', though this project isn't using chapters per say. Once I get the first few maps polished and functional I'll reveal more about it, want to still make sure this project is viable before I say too much more.

6.26 Update:
-Used the Steam sale to get some asset packs, now got battle musics for the game, and even facesets as I found one that actually worked well with a nice mix of male and females.
-Got the intro map started now (this one is all cutscene as opposed to the opening map mentioned earlier). Now to write the opening of the game so it can start.
-Made a project page for the game. Unofficial name is 24 Hours, as you have 24 hours to put an end to all of it. Yes, the entire game takes place in one day. Also the timer only advances with the plot so no worries about running out of time due to no clue as to how to proceed.

Also image of the menu screen. Martin's image is too big and I still need to resize it (and yes, he is an armored healer).
24_hours_Menu_Image1.png

Last edited:

sugarcr4sh

[ typing loudly ]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
It's really motivating seeing everyone list their goals and progress..!
I plan on finishing my demo by Fall 2022, and finishing off the parts-I-didn't-want-to-do for pixel art this month!
Bonus points if I knock out 2 more maps haha

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finished the basics of my LootLocker implementation for the game jam and will be translating it to plugin format at some point in the future. A Unite version is planned as well, although that one should be easier (or so I hope) because the downloadable API already has Unity integration. In the meantime, I am waiting on the final assets for the jam project as a whole and then I'll decide how I'm going to do the leaderboard.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
6.27 Update:

Made the first couple cutscenes (rough drafts) and shifted around some stuff based on the art. Menu also looks better now.

24_hours_Menu_Image1.png

Also Clarissa needs to lay off the coffee or something haha.

24_Hours_Clarissa_whatwasthat.png

I haven't even attempted to add lighting to the maps yet, and very few NPCs have been added to the maps yet.

PixelatedBree

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's really motivating seeing everyone list their goals and progress..!
I agree! It’s inspirational seeing everyone working hard on their projects :kaopride:

My main goal right now is to organize all the files in the img folder and clear out things I’m not planning to use in Dreamtrotter. Old character designs are the first on my list because they’re giving me the biggest headache! It’s really starting to feel like sorting through puzzle pieces to find what I need, especially when so many thumbnails look alike because they share a similar sprite or object that I’ve since updated. I keep telling myself to just do it and to keep better track of what I save in my folders but … organizing things in folders is so tedious :kaoswt2: Definitely plan on doing better!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
the timer only advances with the plot so no worries about running out of time due to no clue as to how to proceed
This! So much. How I wish other devs had the same mechanism. It's one of the reasons I don't usually play time limited games. I hate failing because the dev has done a lousy job on saying/hinting what I'm supposed to do.

Menu also looks better now.
It does indeed.

finishing off the parts-I-didn't-want-to-do for pixel art this month!
Ah, finishing off things I don't want to do is one of the hurdles I often fall at. For me it's database work. Some people love it, relish every moment, go into a state of nirvana while doing it. Me? I just want to have it done, but don't want to have to do it. Which is a bit tricky. I haven't found out how to manage that yet. Good luck with your attempt.

but … organizing things in folders is so tedious
Less tedious, perhaps, then dealing with the resulting mess. Or at least it is in my experience.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes : Yeah I figured if I had the timer move in real time it would have to be a rougelike then with progress carryovers to work at all well. But the story doesn't work well then so timer tied to plot it is.

6.28.2022 Update: Mainly little QOL fixes today. Fixed a couple states so they work. Weaknesses and resistances now work. First monsters are made and placed. Dialogue up to the 00:30 point of the game is written in rough draft form. Also put the dev cheat chest with weapons with 500s in all stats so I dont have to balance test every fight every time (and if anyone has a plugin with the kill switch in MZ that ACE used to have please tell me about it). Though I may make it a skill instead so I can just pick and choose too now that I think about it more.

Now I need to map a garden and a castle for the next part of the game. Thankfully Avery has a nice selection of trees that look like they will work for this so think I'm set for that part. But got to work soon, though if it is slow I can still map the garden at least.

staticplacebo

Neon color enthusiast
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Here's to hoping 2022 is a successful year for all of us in our game making journeys ... !! :LZScheeze:

I want to have my demo released by the end of the year (finger's crossed), but for short-term goals ... getting some serious headway done on the opening cinematic !! which. is both fun + exhausting so far LOL

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I've been meaning to post here for the last few days about how I finished a jam game and how I'm back to focus on my main game, but scratch that last part.

The IGMC is finally back and I couldn't be more excited (and scared). I'll be updating here more regularly as soon as I have some idea what I'm going to make. :kaoswt:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Last couple days of updates:

-Revised the game to handle the party members better, and made another map for the game. Now there are 2 whole maps to explore and fight on.
-Set up my icons in the menu better.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Kes There is a reason those roofs turns you insane; they are more pretty than my dragon scales that also turned me crazy. Hihihi ^^

Argh I am working on many many things now, in Aseprite I am making my sprite practicing on cats. I will show you some soon.

Reactions: Kes

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Alright, so I've made a schedule for the IGMC and immediately missed the first deadline. :aswt: I was meant to have decided what to do by the end of last weekend, but unfortunately playing through all the other Harold jam entries took me longer than expected.
On the plus side I have next week off, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up on my schedule.

Currently debating between two ideas for the contest: one is a completely new story and the other is a prologue to last year's entry.
And while I'm aware I'm allowed to participate in two entries, making two solo seems like a terrible idea time-wise. So I need to start deciding on what to focus my energy on.

Pros to the new story:
- Has cats
- Fits the theme more
- Really want to do this silly thing

Cons to the new story:
- Still trying to come up with more concrete stuff
- Haven't decided on resource styles yet

Pros to the prologue:
- Worldbuilding already done
- Concept completely figured out
- Can reuse resources

Cons to the prologue:
- Need to adjust to fit the theme
- Not sure if I get 10 minutes out of it

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
No major update as most work has been behind the scenes stuff like finalizing some things on the characters and plot flow for the first four hours of the game play. Also taking today off as I won't be able to concentrate anyways with all the booms going off so will just make today a video game or movie break day.

More on the 5th. Or probably the 6th as I got to work the 5th.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShinyPorygonZ