2022 Goals and Progress Thread

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Well it's not game creation but at the beginning of the year I wrote it out on my blog that I wanted to complete a set of bases for people to use. As it stands now I'm only one away from the completion of the set.
I'll be honest it wasn't easy, I've learned a lot about how things work in terms of visual equipment and how it needs to work.

Not sure of the format for this topic so:

What I've done so far:
-15 base classes with a weapon type.
-15 alternative classes using the same base but a new type of weapon(Only weapon placement done).
-Two genders for both under the same template to match the weapons of both classes.
-Four different skin tones.
-Five different weapon designs for each type of the main weapons (75 in total).

What I still need to finish:
-75 alternative weapons (5 for each alternative class)
-Above and below images to place around the actor.

What I still want to achieve before the end of the year:
-Something that will make using the bases and future creations easier for anyone.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I've just realised that it's almost a month since I last posted here.

I have finished the rural and Woodland tiles (I hope) and have done a few maps. That all took longer than I had hoped. Sorted out more mechanics, all of which took forever to test, but I'm pleased with how they've come together.

A few aesthetics sorted as well. I hated the way the top and bottom gauges were clipped by the framing in the Equip scene so that's been rejigged completely to a different layout altogether. Done more story and character plotting. I think I've got about an hour of actual game play nailed down fairly well - after a lot of debugging. But that debugging has helped me to learn more of the engine.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I made some progress this weekend. Not as much as I would have liked, but slow and steady win the race?

What I've done so far:
- Finished the overview/timeline. Basically I made short bullet points of what happens between point A and the endings. Thanks to this I've been able to get a better idea of the scope (got it down from 58 maps to 20+ maps).
- Finished the sprite of Giuletta. With that I'm done with sprites, except for behaviours.
- Made 10 maps. I decided to go with the Essential set Z + Avery for the outside, and mostly Trinity + Dark Fantasy (+ some extra tiles by resource creators on here) for the interior.
- On a slightly (un)related note, I also played some (RM) horror games this weekend for inspiration: Wolf & Rabbit, Mermaid Swamp, and Impostor Factory. Wolf & Rabbit is a fairytale theme horror game, so perfect as a comparison for what I'm going for. Unfortunately, the English in it is hard to understand to the point that it dampered my enthusiasm. Combined with the fact that its chase sequences start pretty much right next to you (so if you don't immediately react it's Game Over), I couldn't get past the first 30 minutes (again - this is my second attempt at playing this game). Mermaid Swamp (while not RM) was quite interesting to play. It has a slower start, but has dialogue goals to keep you occupied in the beginning. It also has no music whatsoever and only uses BGS, which made it quite creepy. Impostor Factory is not a horror game, but it does have some horror elements. (I am jealous of the game's smooth sprite animations.)

What I'm hoping to get done this week:
- Finish the rest of the maps + lighting & footsteps.
- Write the cutscenes in detail.
- Pick out music/sound effects.
- Event the intro.

1663580903935.png

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So yesterday I put together a crude model of a wheelchair for cutscene use but the design didn't work out right. Ended up doing a web search for a pre-assembled model, and although I do have to add its creator to my credit roll it's better than my own drawing.

I also used this as an opportunity to better establish the physical limitations of a key character at the point in the story where this is still the case, and added material by which her change in ability will be subject to awards of honor for adjusting so quickly to the changes.

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Managed to finish and release my last animated battler base for the complete collection!
Next goals is to focus on getting these to be able to be plug and play with MZ/MV which is going to take some time to figure out the frames and sheet rearrange and I guess I'll have to drop the visual weapons and just include them on the sheet.

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I decided that it was finally time to open up an area on my website for the purpose of focus testing. Obviously this will be subject to NDA so there will be a registration requirement, but I'm hoping that it will give me a chance to try new things in a controlled environment.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
  • I've been revamping the drugs in Collector, including changing descriptions, effects, and even the icons. I've added new icons for the positive and negative drug effects.
  • I've added vending machines scattered around that sell food, drinks/alcohol, and legal "soft" drugs. I'll probably update the current uploaded demo soon with these additions.
  • I've redone all the grenade icons too. All now have (mostly) realistic color coding and form based on the contents.

Esoloist

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Khetrani
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wanted to get a demo of my game out with my unique grab system and prep system. I have done those (yayyyy)

The other thing i wanted was to reach my target audience. Working on that RN.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
@Marquise* That cat is brilliant. Is it a commission or for your own use?
Nope for anyone who comes across it and need a running cat in a game and recolor or fatten it.

I decided all my tests in editing soft-wares might go that way.

Also,
Sorry everyone I did dab into script planning for GOON but... new IRL invasion; German roaches. The good side is that they are almost top predators of the previous vampiric wave. But the family of exterminators so far are great. Still, my apartment looks as depressive as my rising anxiety now.

I will try to keep everyone posted I ant to art-sketch my dialogues and some action... As everyone might had guessed.

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Got my sheets completed for MZ/MV/Unite!

Next goal is to do the secondary weapons for each class. Some are straight forward with no alternative placement but others like the whip are going to be a whole new design and placement.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Still doing a lot of the background stuff: created some skills which needed a lot of coding (here's looking at you @Ahuramazda.), devised and implemented a couple of systems to give bonuses under different conditions to individual actors, more tile creation (I need a macro to type that as it comes up every single time), several maps, evented my first boss battle which has an unusual opening, a couple of side quests, stuff like that.

Now to move the plot forward with a multi-location cutscene which will take forever to event.

Aoi Ninami

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I started a new project this week.

I have hopes of this ending up as a short project that I can see all the way through to completion, so first I will set myself some goals for the end of 2022:

* Have the first dungeon (Terra Forest) fully mapped and playable, including enemies and balancing
* Fully build the main four playable characters and their skills
* Map and event the return to MGHQ after the first dungeon, including shops.

If I can get all that done, that would put me at a good place to release a first demo.

Holder

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Been getting done what I can. 3 sets of the 15 completed, once the designs are done some are easy to place over the bases as they're pretty much in the same location. The 2 Handed Axe, 1 Handed Axe and Mask are all complete.
Some of them are going to be challenging.

Going to be doing the Scythe, Rapier and Mace next.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Anyway, after a 2 week break I'm back to doing game dev, specifically my post apocalyptic project The Wastes. I've decided to tackle the massive process of making 6 weapon condition variants for the myriad of firearms in the game. I don't have a number yet but the total amount of variants is easily going to be in the hundreds (as of right now I've made 191).
Lets see what else I've done... I finished the new drop system where human enemies drop backpacks, totes, duffel bags, etc. and those have random items in them. There's some miscellaneous stuff too, but nothing worth mentioning. I'm probably going to make some new firearm icons too.

Last edited:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Finally decided on my arena mode design, ended up using AABS Z and ANET Z for the main implementation (though due to current limitations I did have to comment out the game over check from the multiplayer project) however aside from balancing and controls I think it's coming along well. I'm probably going to add a few more maps and release a concept demo specifically for the arena mode to get some feedback.

Popoto_milk

Tactical Marine
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
High Gothic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have but one goal for the rest of 2022 - make a game.

And by that, I mean make what's essentially an extended version of the tutorial. I only bought RPG Maker recently(despite being here since January :hswt: )and plan on taking it very slowly while I have fun with other hobbies and deal with real life stuff.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So I'm back after another 2 weeks... This time I spent all day yesterday making more gun icons and their skills for my post apocalyptic project. I'm finally reaching the end of the homemade guns, now I have to do the same with the factory made ones. That won't be as difficult as most of the skills can be reused. But when I look at the things I still need to get done... OMG. :kaoswt:
Here's some screenshots of all the guns in the game so far (I still have plenty to go):
Screenshot (108).png
Screenshot (109).png
Screenshot (110).png
Screenshot (111).png

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A month since my last update, so here goes.
The multi location cut scene has been done, plus another cut scene somewhere else required to set this one up.

A new tile set (almost) done and working in exterior maps.
A couple of sneaky sprites done, the aim being to introduce new enemies while simultaneously giving a visual story about how they got there and why they are so... unpleasant. I didn't want to use words.

Now to map the interior of this optional dungeon and work out the enemy skills.

KawaiiKid

Local Weeb
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A trap system for my game. Traps are rolled to see if they exist in a dungeon, if it does it then rolls a perception check against the player, if spotted the player then rolls to disarm it with their deftness skill. If The disarm fails, it has a chance to damage the party.If it isn't spotted then it automatically damages the group.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@KawaiiKid I watched that video 4 times and still couldn't see the trigger. I suspect your game will be like Terraria for me - I get caught by so many of the traps because I just don't see the floor switch or whatever which sets them off.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

no longer using rm2k3
Don't you hate when you're trying to sleep and suddenly the smoke detector needs batteries? That's exactly what happened to me. Now I'm sluggish and tired after that darn thing started chirping at 11:30 at night. Man I wish I had one of those smart smoke detectors that sends a message to your phone way before it starts chirping.
Interior of a bus, may do more vehicle interiors :kaoswt2:
1670089782219.png
I can hardly believe it is the third day of Christmas and I have yet to put up decorations! Spending my morning cooking breakfast and getting them up.
https://itch.io/s/83641/1-week-sale Do you want a Roguelike game like a turn-based Hades? Get Zodiac Hunters now while it's on sale!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danone_Adventures