Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Introduction:
Currently it is the Festival of Heroes in Dragonfall, and the town is celebrating. However, during the celebration the castle wizard attacks and kills the royal family and most of the attendees at the festival. You however manage to escape with a few others, and now you must band together and stop the wizard before he finishes whatever dark spell he is attempting to do.

The catch: You have 24 hours before the spell succeeds. At midnight the spell will succeed and you and everyone in the town will be dead.

The Characters (names may change in dev):
Martin: The MC of the group. Works in town as a medic, healing others of their injuries.
Ellie: She grew up next door to you, and has been a friend of yours the entire time. Fast and agile she uses her rapiers to inflict ailments to the enemies or to strike them fast.
Clarissa: A good friend of Ellie's, she uses the power of science to aid the party. Sometimes talks too fast though if she gets excited or nervous.
Damien: The prince of Dragonfall. He escapes with the party when the attack occurs. He uses his orders to buff the party and can pierce enemy defenses with guns.
Xander: A ghost now in possession of a body that joins the group. But for what ends? Can use powerful dark magic on opponents.

Other notes:
-Unlike most of my other games, each party member has exactly 8 skills. No more and no less. However the skills can be upgraded throughout the game to become more powerful.
-The 24 hour timer moves with the plot. I thought about making it move in real time but that had too many disadvantages.
-This game will probably be about 2/3 the length of Book of Shadows once done.
-This game is intended to be a commercial game when finished.

Screenshots:

Game is major WIP right now, so all screenshots are placeholders:

24_hours_Menu_Image1.png
Current Menu Image. Xander doesn't show in here yet.

24_Hours_Clarissa_whatwasthat.png
Woah woah woah. No more coffee for you!

Current progress:
-Plot outline is done
-First map is made
-Skills are in the database

Demo:
-Too early in development for that. However once the game is made covering hours 0:00 - 1:00 (first hour in the game world) that will be posted as a demo.

Credits:
-Komodo
-Visustella

Any thoughts? Things to keep in mind? The 24 hours for the entire game is probably the biggest one I see myself as I will want to make sure it actually fits the story and its not 16 hours of padding and 8 hours of relevant stuff. I think what I got for an outline will work for that though, but once the demo is posted you can judge.

Attachments

• New_game_Screen1.png
    New_game_Screen1.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Tamsyn548

️‍⚧️ Proudly trans! ️‍⚧️ (she/her)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The 24 hour timer moves with the plot. I thought about making it move in real time but that had too many disadvantages.
I'm glad to hear that. Real time movement makes me way stressed out.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@ts50 : That was my thought too. I figured I'd have to make it rougelike and have things carry over if I made it real time movement on the time limit, and this story doesn't work well for that.

My concern at the moment is 24 hours may be too long to keep the story going. What I wrote out *should* work but if not I'll consider cutting it to 12 hours (noon - midnight) instead of the current 24 (midnight - midnight).

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Where exactly is the game taking place? Will it be in the town that was asked or will the party be travelling and visiting lots of other locations?

I don't think there's anyting wrong with picking 24 hours, especially if there's a lot of travelling to do and obviously your party should rest at some point right? That does bring me to a question: will resting at an inn make time move forward?

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@slimmmeiske2 : Good questions. Its the town and surrounding areas, though the town is really big as it is the capital of the kingdom. I broke it up into a lot of small maps though to make exploring it easier.

As for resting, you will have other ways to heal to full than inns this time that don't cost time. I'm thinking stuff like the healing crystals I used in BoS for that.

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
That seems a way cool concept :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

senary_concept_art.png
The concept art for the sprite of Senary, a major character in my upcoming (as-of-yet-unnamed) project. She is known as the Timelord because she can "stop time" by making eye contact with a person; Paralyzing them for a short period of time through a type of hypnosis. Tell me what you think about her. I'm thinking of changing the color of her coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfexplorer