Silenity

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So I had come across this article with the headline "25 Years of Final Fantasy Tactics" which got me reminiscing.

My first encounter with tactics games Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced for the Game Boy Advanced. Watching YouTube videos whenever I could access the internet to look at let's play videos, single character challenges, tips and tricks, all of it. It's what got me really into the genre of tactics games. And I've been in love with everything FFT and tactical since.

Anyways, I was feeling really nostalgic reading over the article. Anyone else have fond memories of FFT and the franchise?

Source: https://www.siliconera.com/25-years-of-final-fantasy-tactics/

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
FFT is my number one game.

All my memories of it are fond ones. Like staying up late with my brothers and playing battles. Using generics and basing them after my characters.

I've owned several copies throughout my life. I'm fairly certain it's the game with the most inspiration over me and most time spent on it.

If only I could play it now (I no longer have a compatible console).

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I still replay Final Fantasy Tactics. Great gameplay, story, characters, mechanics, soundtrack. Definitely one of my number 1s.

I just wish that it had been received well enough to get a proper sequel. Instead we get the two Advance games, infinite remakes of this, and the cheesy-looking and already-doomed-I-called-it Unsung Story.

alice_gristle

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Just Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis and bits of Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, but awww yea sweetie, my heart just about breaks thinkin' bout them! :kaoluv: :wub :wub I wish I cud play FFT one day!

Something 'bout the writing is just soooo gooood... like, it's a bit clunky at times but it feels so mature! Also, the isometric tile battlefields is just like my Legos came alive on the computer screen. :kaoluv:

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I replay FFT so many times and so many ways.. lol. Sometimes I hack it and create an interesting job for few characters.. sometimes I "fix" skills.. sometimes I play it original style but with a restrictions like "no magic", "no items", "only Orators". It's easily one of my fave games of all time! :)

-MIA

StrawberryFlower

The Talking Fruit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Something 'bout the writing is just soooo gooood... like, it's a bit clunky at times but it feels so mature! Also, the isometric tile battlefields is just like my Legos came alive on the computer screen. :kaoluv:
I used to use my legos to make FFT-esque battlefields XD.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For my D&D games I use Dwarven Forge now, but I used HeroScape tiles for years.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Thunderstorm approaching: *rumble rumble*

Me: "Hmph... so.. you've come..."

And ONLY me: (adapts fighting stance) "...now show me your TRUE POWER!!!"

*Thunderstorm fizzles out. Sunshine and rainbows.*

Seriously, ONLY ME: "No! Come back! I.. I didn't mean..."
The black rose maiden! :kaopride:
vmTLAk8.jpg

Character: Aki Izayoi from Yugioh 5Ds.
Took some trial and error, but I managed to create "visuals" for underground dig path regions.
Couldn't sleep at all so I started working on the topmost deck. I've had to make several deviations from the Imperator/Berengaria's deck-plans to accommodate MV's movement, but 100% accuracy was never my intention.
Still no name for the poor ship...:kaodes:
Screenshot-2022-06-25-053308.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvrhrt