[26-Nov-20] Cliff & plain battlebacks, poncho, elemental crystal battlers

Elhijei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I've just arrived on the forum but I've been RPG making for a few months now. I’ve got the time to edit a few RTP things, so I will share them here, maybe you’ll find some use for it :)

Terms:
  • You can use these edits in free and commercial projects ;
  • Credits to me are not mandatory ;
  • You can edit them as much as you wish ;
  • You can share them (as long as you don’t pretend you did it yourself obviously :D) ; you can share edits as well.

Generator Parts:
ZIP file (click on "Télécharger le ficher")

A poncho! Generator compatible. I was relunctant due to clipping issues, but it's actually not that bad...

TV (there is no TVD, the head is just huge enough)
MALE

FEMALE

SV
MALE

FEMALE

Flowers in hair!

Head over this thread to download them individually.

Battlebacks:

Plains with different weathers, some trees in the background or even a big tree in the front. (I’m pretty sure the weather ones have also been done by someone else before though). Simply drop them in your battlebacks2 file!

Cliff battlebacks! You can see the sky or the sea now!

As someone pointed out, there is no matching default floor for that one, though I’ll leave it there just in case.

For editing purpose:

Battlers:

Shoutout to @whtdragon! I (tried to) used their floating weapons to make some elemental crystal mobs, inspired by FFX’s ones (though you could argue these are less subtle). See their terms and source material here.

FIRE 64px

FIRE 128px

ICE 64px

ICE 128px

THUNDER 64px

THUNDER 128px

WATER 64px

WATER 128px

EARTH 64px

EARTH 128px

WIND 64px

WIND 128px

NONE 64px

NONE 128px

(I'll admit I haven't tested Ice and None because I changed them at the last minute haha, so tell me if there's any issue I can fix.)

Oh, you don’t use animated battlers? Fair enough, I went mining some rocks in the Crystal Cave to create those hehe, just for you! (That's a demo image, they're alone in the spoiler.)

They either go in the enemies or the sv_enemies file depending on which view you use. I personally always drop them in the wrong file and wonder why they don’t show up in the database, don’t be me.

For editing purpose:

Recolouring those crystals is quite the pain to be honest, but they might be useful for more mobs, some tilesets, who knows...

If you see miscredited ressources or ressources I should not be using/sharing, please tell me so I can credit/remove them accordingly.

Oct 20, 2020 - Plain and cliff battlebacks
Oct 31, 2020 - Elemental crystal battlers & pocho
Nov 25, 2020 - Flower in hair generator parts, poncho no generator compatible + generator zip file

Last edited:

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think these are very neat to add some variety to the standard battlebacks! Nice.

Mythmaker19

Teller of Tales
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You did a great job on these!

Tw0Face

Master Strategist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Smart battlebacks, @Elhijei. I can make good use of them, thank you.
I see there's no default floor background which matches the color of the red-sky-cliff you made. Seeing this, I decided to edit one of the default floors as I see fit. Hope it's okay to post it here. (I skaled it to Vx Ace-size. If you wanna use it in Mv, just make sure to skale the whole picture back to 640x480).

Mount8.png

KRS

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
these battlebacks are amazing, thanks for sharing them!

Elhijei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks everyone :kaothx:

@Tw0Face Oh you're actually right, I don't know what happened when I edited... (the floor must've been darkened too and I didn't notice) I admit I didn't test them all once I started drag and dropping everything I could find in my parallax file haha. Thank you !

Elhijei

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE!

I added element crystal battlers as well a poncho :LZScat:
I also edited my terms to make them clearer. They have not changed.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

First Person Combat Test Video. Simply showing off a very early concept video for an open world 3D game in MV.
I spent ages to make this image and still dont like it.. How would you showcase a bunch of levels/maps in one single image?
Thank you all angels so much! I've received fanarts, fanfics, song cover, and Ko-fis and such wonderful messages already! T uT Look at this message I'm crying (Ko-fi was being mean saying it was anonymous but she was like nooo it's me and showed me).
Working on using DreamX's prefix suffix plugin to create unidentified weapons, armor and sellable loot. The weapons and armor will always draw from the highest tier you have the ability to create, keeping them relevant throughout most of the game. The loot is going to be the fun part! Let's just say I doubt I'll have any unused item entries
... I updated an enemy I drew last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ketquabongda