Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
bandicam 2021-05-25 16-45-36-439 (2).gif
If such a plugin already exists and I can use it, please let me know. Because the new animation is completely frustrating, unnatural, and pathetic. I really want the MZ maker to be able to use a hand-drawn animation.
With the ability to preview and color correction, as it was in MV.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not aware of a plugin specifically for that, but MZ comes with a plugin that lets you use MV animations in MZ. It's a little convoluted: you make the animations in MV and then copy the animations.json data to MZ (you don't have to overwrite if you're savvy with copying specific entries from one json to another using text editors). One downside is that you can't preview them in the MZ editor, but in actual play they'll display fine.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Trihan Setting up animations without viewing them is pain and hell. And every time you change the color, copy it again. And no, I don't know how to use text editors to change files in this way. Therefore, I want a convenient plugin that will save me from inconvenience. The new animation system is terrible.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm not disagreeing with you, but currently that's the option we got. :p

Effekseer also does 2D animation sheets as an option, but I've heard some people talking about it resulting in weird glitches when displayed in MZ. Might be worth looking into though.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Effekseer pathetic compared to photoshop for any 2D animation.
Effekseer perfect for glitter and particles.
There must be a talented programmer in the community who can turn a disaster into an editor that normally interacts with all types of animation.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Oh, undoubtedly. I can't think of any who would take on that scope of project for free, though.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Such a plugin deserves to be sold. More than most.
Buyers are found for less useful assets.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Such a program cannot exist. Plugins made by plugin devs cannot change the editor in any way. The only way this could happen is if Degica/kadokawa added in a dlc to the editor like they did with MV for SAIKAN. And even those DLCs do little more than add a button to the interface, and probably still can't make actual meaningful changes to the editor application.

2D animations work in MZ. The animation editor can't show them. The solution, as mentioned by Trihan, is to make your animations in MV, which can show them, and then slap the JSON file into your MZ project. You won't be able to see the animations in the editor anymore, but they work. If you need to edit one, or make a new one, do so in MV.

That is the only solution we have for now.

LittlePIGGY

Just a piggy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
And this solution is inconvenient and crooked. How can you create an action sequence without seeing the animations? The inability to edit the color even for the built-in animation is a huge drawback. So I can't adjust the sound design, I can't reduce the size of the animation display or increase it. This is not just a crutch for the program - it is a crooked stick.
I hope that the problem will not get lost and will be solved in time. I don't care who solves it or how, but I need to use hand-drawn animations with comfort. And I'm not the only one who'll need it.
bandicam 2021-05-25 23-00-47-627.gif

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making progress. And simplifying.
jV7qfoy.gif
Not sure why I'm a jack of all trades , master of none... Sigh. Album out 06/03/2022 on all ur favorite platforms. 10 tracks.
Hmm... Mushrooms, maybe they're not poisonous...
unknown.png
Hi, I'm a new and upcoming Indie Developer, and I could really use some help when it comes to system programming. Explorers can only go so far before needing a map, you know?
I made a comic strip with the characters of my game.Flor en la cola eng.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kizenki