Primarily Uses

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
can you explain first why you can't... so far, that's the only one I've seen here...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey all, you've all helped so much, so I figure I'll use these forums as my main question-asking-place. My next question! How can I make a 2D side scroller game without the use of IG Maker? I've tried both forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/4916-arc-engine-realistic-platform-system/ and www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/14625-simple-side-scrolling-w-events/ , but they don't really work out. I don't mind if it's a script or a trick, just please share how to make this possible. :)
To turn RM into a sidescroller, you basically have to rewrite the entire engine and provide mostly new graphics (depending on what you want it to look like).

That is possible as others have proven it before, but it's a lot of work (months of work, including playtesting) - too much for a regular request in my opinion.

So you can either try to find a team to create such a engine from scratch, or you can tell us WHY the two linked engines you already tested didn't work out.

Perhaps we can tell you a workaround to your problems with those engines - that's still better chances of success than someone writing a new engine for you.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
He's probably thinking about the Physics Engine?

Nobody would do that for free though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninjaroy

Wannabe Potato
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
To turn RM into a sidescroller, you basically have to rewrite the entire engine and provide mostly new graphics (depending on what you want it to look like).

That is possible as others have proven it before, but it's a lot of work (months of work, including playtesting) - too much for a regular request in my opinion.
As I thought. Basically, I can't use the Arc Engine because I want to use my game commercially, and the terms specify that it is for non-commercial use. I tried emailing the creator but he won't respond. If there isn't anything already made like that, I'll just forget about this game, and continue others.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As I thought. Basically, I can't use the Arc Engine because I want to use my game commercially, and the terms specify that it is for non-commercial use. I tried emailing the creator but he won't respond. If there isn't anything already made like that, I'll just forget about this game, and continue others.
You should state that you want something for a commercial game when asking for it, that will prevent a lot of misunderstandings and help getting what you want faster (because there won't be answers giving non-com links or resources).

It is extremely unlikely that you'll find a free engine for 2D-sidescrolling that is available for commercial use - and the same goes for anything that has a lot of work in it. There are more than enough people willing to help others for free as long as the result stays free, but if the result is used commercially, then they usually want their part of that money and don't want to put in months of work only for others to gain money from that...

(and no, just promising shares after sales won't work either, you would have to put in money first for licences).

There are forum parts for discussing commercial games, and the classified forums for paid commissions - both contain tips on how to proceed.

You should study them, but basically it comes down to a very simple fact:

If you want to sell a game, you'll need a "selling point" - a reason why a player should pay for your game. And that can either be gained by working a lot of months yourself, or by paying others to work months on that game. As a new game developer you simply can't expect anyone to put in money for your game without proving yourself first.

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

tfw, after your game being intensively played by many people, after 5 years, patch after patch released, suddenly an innocent person reported another bug.
"Never let a sense of morals/
Prevent me from doing what is right"
- Clutch
OMFG. I had typed \fiPhilosophia Hermetica\fi in a forum post and didn't notice it for AN HOUR.

(Anyone else ever catch themselves doing this?)
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Feel free to drop by and listen to whatever weird stories we're telling~
fighting game fans might really enjoy my game battle wise, and I feel non fighting fans might learn some stuff. thanks row system. pokes, neutral, and zoning time...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TsuruharaYuki