RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
2k.png
The game engine does not display the RTP, despite it being in the correct place in the 2k Steam directory.

Copying the RTP files into the project obviously works, but I would like to know if there's a proper fix to this issue. This started when I changed file drives, so I believe it's a matter of giving the engine an updated directory for the RTP's location.

Dev_With_Coffee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT-BR
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
The 2k and 2k3 resource pack path is defined in the Windows registry and can only be accessed from the command line or the Regedit software.

You may have tried to install another version of the package that changed the path.
But there is also the possibility that you are opening a game made with a different version of this edition.

Solution:
You can uninstall Rpg2k directly from the Steam menu and install again afterwards.
If it doesn't work, you will have to change it using REGEDIT.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
If the registry has changed, then here is where to find it.
1618094608354.png

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I ran out of paper sheets to draw, so I guess I'm forced to do digital for a while now...
x778xt8.jpg

Still haven0t found a colouring style that I like :kaoswt:
woods.pngshop.jpgboss.jpgRoom.png

Mapping is becoming so much easier!
FirestormNeos wrote on Neikoku's profile.
the cat in your profile picture is adorable
Are the default-size "chibi" sprites really a bad thing for a project? I'm not planning to sell my game anyway but I was wondering if they were as hated as some videos seem to claim...
Only 9 things left on the to-do list before my game's next big update. Minus the soul-crushing playtesting session, of course! So close...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonymotley