Anchovy

A Fish Called Amy
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This whole 3/4 perspective is tripping me up. Does anyone know of any good resources for referencing 3/4 view animals? Something like Sim Park, but not isometric. I keep drawing frontal view sprites, and I know they're not going to mesh well with 3/4 view plants and buildings.

003.jpg

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Resource Support[/move]

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Actually, isometric is a pretty good reference. Iso and RPGs are usually in the same or similar perspective, it's just that iso has the grid going a different direction.

Maybe an example will help. A 4x4 square will be 3x4 in 3/4ths perspective. So figure out how tall your character is in front view, divide by 4 multiply by 3, and then overlap things until you get that number. Head over shoulders, waist over hips, thighs over knees, calves over feet, ect.

Wait, no, that's wrong somehow. Shoot. I need to come back and try again with examples when my brain gets back from sick leave.

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So yesterday Dad took me to Volcano Bay, and it was almost ruined by a thunderstorm... then it passed by and the lightning warning got lifted, leading to an awesome time sliding and swimming. Hopefully we get to go to the arcade tonight. The one we're planning on has a restaurant built in with AWESOME food. Not to mention how big the arcade itself is!
image_2021-06-13_150033.png

Maybe I'll actually try making a retro pack. Already have the shark fin made so why not xD
Hey everyone, for everybody following along with my RPG Maker MZ streams: There will unfortunately not be a stream tonight. There is a big exciting event that will go live next week that has been taking all my time, so look forward to that!
Took a small break by playing VR. Latest update of these glasses unfortunately caused a little of trouble but it can be fixed with a manual operation.

Until You Fall is freaking awesome.
I am SO HYPED to share this trailer with everyone when its done. I almost want to tear up i had no idea how far i came along with Fallen Feather in these last 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corim