RMMV 3 Not Prepared Contents (No Travel Game Jam)

Dama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
3 Not Prepared Contents

Harold and his friends were fighting Garland as warriors of light but another enemy has come around and defeated them both. The new enemy also has imprisoned everyone in their town. The heroes are surprised as they found Garland is in the town too. So a set of new heroes come forward to solve the problem.
Short game, no battle, under 30 minutes.

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS
2020-05-01 14_07_42-3 Not Prepared Content.jpg
2020-05-01 14_08_03-3 Not Prepared Content.jpg
2020-05-01 14_09_02-3 Not Prepared Content.jpg

https://xenoneo.itch.io/3-not-prepared-contents

Last edited:

Zliryu

Ryu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Interesting, to say the least.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I gave this a try, but I'm clearly not the target audience since I didn't enjoy it...
⦁ These notes are taken as I play the game

⦁ Why doesn't the 'X' button work?

⦁ There's something weird going on with the credits page, clicking on the empty spots opens up another window for the game itself

⦁ If this game is going to be focusing on story-telling, make sure to find yourself a proofreader! Because instead of complaining about the having to save the king, in the intro it's phrased as if the heroes need to save the kings' donkeys
kings donkeys.png
⦁ Eh, breaking the 4th wall can be done well (KV_Kingdom's Stuck in a Wall does it amazingly), but Therese commenting about just not activating the next event doesn't work since if that's the case then the best thing I can do as a player is just shut the game down here. If I don't play, then Touchfuzzy can't defeat me, right? :p

⦁ There are mapping issues in the king's cutscene, besides there being a lot of empty space the hallway to the left is missing the wall tiles

⦁ Interesting use of world map tiles mixed with normal tiles but there are a lot of mapping errors with the mountains
broken mountains.png
⦁ I have no idea what's going on, I'm just talking to people and some of them join me

⦁ There's an issue with the naming scene. Hitting 'Spacebar' to select the highlighted letter doesn't work, it just puts a space in the name so I can choose to have an empty name

⦁ Haha, okay Touchfuzzy walking passed while the party looks at the item shop got a laugh out of me

⦁ The humor in most of the game just isn't for me, getting an 'Ass' item isn't funny to me

⦁ Why do I have to go down out of the village to end up in the upper left part of the map? Since I had to leave the village, this doesn't really follow the 'no travel' rule in my opinion

⦁ Battling Garland via choices is a nice idea in theory, but since there was little feedback I probably could have just spammed Attack and won... If that's the case, then why make the player choose the attacks multiple times?

⦁ Ouch, don't suddenly flash the screen a lot! It's not fair to player's who can't deal with flashing (and you don't want to cause pain to your player)

⦁ This didn't feel like a game, it feels like it was just made to get a badge on the forum... Games without much gameplay can work, but it really needs a solid and interesting story to drive the game, and this project is missing that for me

Overall, I didn't have fun playing this. I'm sure some players will enjoy the randomness and poking fun at normal rpg tropes, but to me it just felt like you'd spent an afternoon throwing this together. It's just not for me. :rswt Good luck with your future projects though. :rwink:

Dama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I gave this a try, but I'm clearly not the target audience since I didn't enjoy it...
⦁ These notes are taken as I play the game

⦁ Why doesn't the 'X' button work?

⦁ There's something weird going on with the credits page, clicking on the empty spots opens up another window for the game itself

⦁ If this game is going to be focusing on story-telling, make sure to find yourself a proofreader! Because instead of complaining about the having to save the king, in the intro it's phrased as if the heroes need to save the kings' donkeys
⦁ Eh, breaking the 4th wall can be done well (KV_Kingdom's Stuck in a Wall does it amazingly), but Therese commenting about just not activating the next event doesn't work since if that's the case then the best thing I can do as a player is just shut the game down here. If I don't play, then Touchfuzzy can't defeat me, right? :p

⦁ There are mapping issues in the king's cutscene, besides there being a lot of empty space the hallway to the left is missing the wall tiles

⦁ Interesting use of world map tiles mixed with normal tiles but there are a lot of mapping errors with the mountains
⦁ I have no idea what's going on, I'm just talking to people and some of them join me

⦁ There's an issue with the naming scene. Hitting 'Spacebar' to select the highlighted letter doesn't work, it just puts a space in the name so I can choose to have an empty name

⦁ Haha, okay Touchfuzzy walking passed while the party looks at the item shop got a laugh out of me

⦁ The humor in most of the game just isn't for me, getting an 'Ass' item isn't funny to me

⦁ Why do I have to go down out of the village to end up in the upper left part of the map? Since I had to leave the village, this doesn't really follow the 'no travel' rule in my opinion

⦁ Battling Garland via choices is a nice idea in theory, but since there was little feedback I probably could have just spammed Attack and won... If that's the case, then why make the player choose the attacks multiple times?

⦁ Ouch, don't suddenly flash the screen a lot! It's not fair to player's who can't deal with flashing (and you don't want to cause pain to your player)

⦁ This didn't feel like a game, it feels like it was just made to get a badge on the forum... Games without much gameplay can work, but it really needs a solid and interesting story to drive the game, and this project is missing that for me

Overall, I didn't have fun playing this. I'm sure some players will enjoy the randomness and poking fun at normal rpg tropes, but to me it just felt like you'd spent an afternoon throwing this together. It's just not for me. :rswt Good luck with your future projects though. :rwink:
Thanks for your feedback. :cutesmile:

⦁ I have made WASD the default layout, you can change it back in options.
⦁ The credits page I put space in an empty line to have space between my lines and I never noticed this before, clicking on the empty line.
⦁ I'm not native English and I've done my games alone. so this kind of things happens.
:)
⦁ I noticed the walls in king's cutscene later after releasing.
⦁ This was the best look I could achieve with default mountain tiles and didn't have time for some editing on that.
⦁ This the world first town where warriors of light appear and the idea is that they all have been defeated and then they lose their memories, turn into NPCs and live on. By coincidence, the next heroes were warriors in the past. They regain consciousness and instead of forming a new party, they should find their friends.
⦁ The naming scenes use a plugin and I don't have any idea how it can be fixed.
:)
⦁ As I said I'm not a native speaker and finding the best words is not easy for me.
⦁ Another part of the idea is that Touchfuzzy gathers people in each area in a town like some other past warriors and also Garland. Bringing Garland and his surroundings including the town overview on the map, into the town have made that part looks like a world map also destroyed part of the castle.
⦁ I can't make Garland defeated by just one attack, can I?
⦁ You're right at least I should make it shorter and with less flashing.
⦁ I had some ideas mostly for exploring the town but didn't use because of two reasons. First I started with two weeks, not a whole month (I always end up with not enough time on my hands) and second I decided it to be a very short that player can definitely finish it. I have a feeling that none of my last games even though they were short too, was finished by anyone.

I like that instead of telling everything, let the player free to make parts of the story in his mind and connect them and this comes with randomness.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Anti-Bear Circle ---

F.Fighter: Shoot! that Bear is really stronger than i expected!
Hero: Don't worry,i perform this (Draw The Big Circle On The Ground)
F.Fighter: What are you doing?
Hero: It's Anti-Bear Circle. the Bear will never attacking u---
(The Bear attacking Hero F.Fighter)
Hey guys!I didn't remember to put here but here is a new page from my devlog focused on my new trailer of Luke Inn! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilithme