Geovid

Geodessia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think you should need 30 posts to access the classified section because you are just begging for pointless forum posts like this one XD

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry but the rule was added due to too many issues in the past, and always with those with very few posts. Basically too many tried to hire people with no understanding of how to make stuff for the engine or how stuff worked in the engine, so we want to make sure people actually know the engine before they offer services here.

Also pointless posts will not get your thread approved when you go there, so you need to make quality posts.

Geovid

Geodessia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ohh what happened?

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
They have this is place for good reason. You can read more about it here:

Long story short, it's to protect honest members from people who just bounce after they get what they want. (edit: which happens more with people with lower post numbers)

Geovid

Geodessia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh wow that's scummy.
Thanks for explaining it to me! :)

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Right. Now I see you started in 2014 (before me even!) though so it happened between when you started and now. Odds are high you are not the ones it was meant to prevent access for and I imagine if you just posted a few feedback posts on game development feedback or the MZ announcements you'd get access.

Oh, and add something to your primary uses. Sometimes the system doesn't grant access if you don't have anything set there.

Geovid

Geodessia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh yeah weird.. when I got to that part in my profile It wouldn't let me leave until I set the primarily uses.. good to know it might be a requirement :p I'll find another thread or two to post in. Thanks for the help! :)

Geovid

Geodessia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Eng
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edit: OOh I just got upgraded to Veteran, and I can see it now. tyz :)

Ayyyy, So I made it there's just one problem.

I literally cannot find the classifieds section xd

Last edited:

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, originally it was in with the Commercial section, but it was moved out as part of a forum restructure.

RayGarden7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think you should need 30 posts to access the classified section because you are just begging for pointless forum posts like this one XD
I agree friend I have to do the same thing just to request some work done sounds like a waste of time.

Sorry but the rule was added due to too many issues in the past, and always with those with very few posts. Basically too many tried to hire people with no understanding of how to make stuff for the engine or how stuff worked in the engine, so we want to make sure people actually know the engine before they offer services here.

Also pointless posts will not get your thread approved when you go there, so you need to make quality posts.
How do we do that should I read everything about RPG Maker so I've mastered everything and can give great replays. I'm new and my knowledge is limited and I just want to hire someone so I can complete a project that I've been working on seems wrong to punish good people this way instead of creating standards for how hiring should be done and guidelines for payment and time frame.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RayGarden7 It wasn't just problems with people looking to commission others, there were also problems with the people creating shops and treating it like an ad in the newspaper. They never really interacted with anyone, conducted most of their business on other sites, and didn't really understand the program they were providing resources for.

Creating 30 posts isn't asking for much. I'm guessing the original idea was to get people more involved with the community.

RayGarden7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much for you honest relay I appreciate it I hope I haven't offend you an anyway. Just having a hard time trying to figure out what to relay to so that I can get this project started. If you like we should be friends sounds like you know much more then I do :smile:

Edit: OOh I just got upgraded to Veteran, and I can see it now. tyz :)

Ayyyy, So I made it there's just one problem.

I literally cannot find the classifieds section xd
Sounds like you had better luck than I did I'm still trying to reach the 30 good luck with your project.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RayGarden7 Just jump into any thread you want. It doesn't always need to be about game making. You could reply to the silly threads in the general lounge, talk about games in the video games section, or check out some of the art and stuff in the art and literature forum. The choice is yours. :)

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

@RayGarden7 , please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

I've merged them for you, but if you want to respond to multiple people you can just @ them or use the '+Quote' option.

As for becoming a part of this community, it's really easy. Just start sharing your thoughts in other threads (or leave feedback on people's games) and you'll hit 30 meaningful posts in no time. :)

RayGarden7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@RayGarden7 Just jump into any thread you want. It doesn't always need to be about game making. You could reply to the silly threads in the general lounge, talk about games in the video games section, or check out some of the art and stuff in the art and literature forum. The choice is yours. :)
Thank you your very sweet and helpful

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If it helps, consider this. Would you rather work with a person you know to be a reasonable person, or would you rather work with a total stranger whose only interaction is their sales pitch? The 30 posts can be a way for the people in the forums to get to know you a little bit, and as long as you don't make a negative impression in those posts, it will help you during recruitment.

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah yes, that sounds just like me, the embodiment of charisma and charme. :kaopride:
Atleast that is what my grandma told me :kaophew:

Anyways, 30 posts is really not too much to ask for.
It can literally be achieved in a couple of days,
maybe even one day if you browse through the forum enough.

As other people mentioned before, its a way to show the community
that you are genuine and more or less trustworthy.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
There's a few other reasons too for it too. Way too many people have hopped on and ordered stuff for their games before they even worked on the game much, and ended up wasting so much $$$ it wasn't even funny. When I started here (as a member, not a mod) we had one person report they had wasted over $10,000 on stuff they no longer could use as they changed the direction of their game so much.

So another way to look at it is a layer of protection too. It makes you slow down and actually make sure you've made enough of the game that you are ready to order stuff for your game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Latest member to OcRam -plugin suite: OcRam_Layers! Optimized parallax layers (for parallax mapping?) + dynamic layers which can be used in title-, battle and map scenes!
People convinced me to use my old graphics for this new project, i guess i can't run away from blender just yet. https://gyazo.com/2a105847c042bb78c6d4919ec1308660
10/24 done :3 Maybe I can finish 11 and 12 this weekend^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ninnaeis