3D VR technology, and Rpgmaker games.

ExtremeYandereWolfychu3

I am a kawaii interloper from another universe.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Has anyone played with the new VR headsets, like for PlayStation 4, nintendo , etc. They have 3D VR youtube videos of people playing games super mario 64, miku hatsune , super mario galaxy , doki doki literature club, banjo kazooie, etc. Just customize the player controls. 3d models aren't necessary. Has anyone tried making an RPGmaker Game specifically for this VR format ? Share here.

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think RM is the best platform for VR games. Probably 3D engines like Unity or Unreal is better suited for VR games. RM is a great engine for 2D games usually using pixel graphics.

However, if someone were to use RM to make a VR game, I am guessing it must link to some VR JS library? Then maybe make use of that 3D maze plugin we have floating around somewhere.

I guess for me it's hard to see how a 2D game would benefit from a VR interface. I would be very interested if someone has a good idea.

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can see a potential benefit. If you want your girlfriend to break up with you, and she's already annoyed at how much time you spend playing 2D video games, I imagine playing 2D video games while wearing a VR headset would probably do the trick.

palatkorn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
VR games are bascially 1st person 3D games. There's really nothing special to it except the handling of VR devices.
On the other hand, I don't see the point of using VR devices to play 2d or 3rd person games.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Nininick I have deleted your post which did not relate to this thread at all. Also, please bear in mind that this is a PG13 site, with minors on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The new intro Logo for my videos.
The workweek is now over. Now I can work on my GamZzzzzZzzzzZzzzZzzZz....
Just watched Onward with the family. One of the best movies I've ever seen. <3
2 hours & 20 minutes remaining. :D
...trying to hurry finish up all commissions before I never put the controller down again ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yesman109