Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello all,
I have 2 question if I may and I'm sorry if this is not the right thread for this. First I am creating a paralax map useing gimp. I am trying to figure out the formula to do this. Mv s map size is 48x48. So if I was creating a map in gimp in pixel size, how would I make the map as in 17x17 in the mv editor?

And my second question is how does the editor read annimated spritesheets. If you have a 1 row with 3 colums, does it read left to right?

Thanks for any help/advise.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you make a map 17x17, multiply them by 48. That would be your canvas size. It means it will be 816x816 for a 17x17 map.

As for how the tilesheets are read, it really depends on the sheet type itself. A5 goes from Left to Right, until it hits the end and starts over on the second row. While sheets like BCDE goes like this. From red arrows, you'll see it'll stop until the rope and then goes to the 2nd row. The right half will appear on the bottom after all the tiles from the left half is displayed.
upload_2018-9-21_7-32-2.png

You can also look at RPG Maker VXAce tileset tutorials because they are very similar. Instead of 32x32 and 16x16 Autotiles, it's 48x48, 24x24 sizes. Cracked Rabbit Gaming wrote a tutorial on how the autotiles work if you need help. :kaoluv:

For the animated spritesheet, how RM reads it is 1-2-3-2-1.

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you kindly Archeia,
I understand the map size now, thank you.
As for the tilesets, I meant like the annimated character spritesheets. How the frames are displayed if that makes any sense. Again thank you so much

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hi @aston00 sorry, I edited my post after I realize my wrong information, it goes like this 1-2-3-2-1. Each direction is 3 frames. And it also goes from left to right.

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah ok, thank you thank you. The reason I asked is because I'm trying to make a waterwheel. I put animation frame 1, then 2, then 3 on the spritesheet then put it into my character folder. Go into game and make the event then test play. Is what's happening is the wheel does not go in a continuous circle. It goes right then back left then right then back left :) is that because the system is reading frame 1 then 2 then 3 then 2 then 1?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For this, you can make the sprites go down the spritesheet instead of across, then in your event, set an autonomous move route, choose Custom, then choose Turn Down, Turn Left, Turn Right (or it might be right then left). You might need to put in a Wait for a couple of frames after each one, or change the frequency to set the speed the way you want. Set the move route to repeat. And if you can interact with it, check the Direction Fix box.

Morganis

Ce'wyndia
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Alright, I didn't think of that. Thank you guys so very much for the help. You are appreciated :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS