5 Questions. I need some help please.

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi,

I have some questions, rather than have them everywhere, I figured I'd combine them in this topic:

1. I would like to add options, or better yet a common event, as an option in the main menu. Anyone know how to add things to the main menu? (I've seen screenshots of people with this, so I know it can be done, hopefully it won't be too complicated.  <--Answered

2. I have an NPC that sells a Key Item mixed in with regular items, but you will only need 1 of the key item in the game. Is there a way to get a shop to only sell an item once and once you buy it, the shop no longer sells it.

3. I used damage floors but I would really love to remove the red flashing when walking on those floors.  <--Answered

4. You know when you add dialogue to the game, it defaults to the bottom window. I only use the top windows, is there any way to make it always make TOP the default choice?

5. Is it possible to add summons to the game, so when you summon them, your party no longer participates in the battle and you now control a summon, with it's own set of attacks/spells?

6. Also, I came across an unexpected issue, I have an event where party member 5 leaves the party, but she was the only one left alive so when she left I got a gave over. lol anyway can I make an event check to make sure that at least 1 of the first 4 party members are still alive before being triggered?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRoflcer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For 2., I tend to create a secondary event page for the vendor if the key item is purchased. So page 1 will have vendor sell the item, and if Item is bought a secondary page will have the same vendor sell all the same things but what was purchased via the '000?: Item_Here exists.

If the key item is to be used and removed afterwards, then I have a variable / switch event enabled to keep the vendor from selling the item again if that ever happens.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
For number 1, Yanfly has a main menu manager plugin that allows common events in the menu. It either came with your program or you can download it at Yanfly's site.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
For 2...put the items for sale on the table, and have the player buy them one at a time. When the key item is bought, make it no longer available (can even add a comment by the shopkeeper that he or she just sold the last one!)

3 needs a plug in. I'm not sure that has been made yet. Though...without the flashing, how will your players know it is a damage floor? Might be something to think about, else you will get someone complaining they didn't know they were taking damage while walking on it.

I don't think 4 is possible, as that would require changing the editor (which violates the EULA last time I heard).

No idea on 5, sorry.

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
slimmmeiske2, thanks. I looked at that before, I honestly couldn't make much sense of it. I gave it another look and BAM, worked. thanks :) bgillisp, the storyline lets you know that going into that environment hurts you every step you take. The player (as long as they didn't skip the dialogue) should know, and since the damage takes up the entire area and a second area, so it would be a LOT of constant flashing. lol Thanks for info on rest

TheRoflcer, thanks for the help, I'll try that now.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
3: you can use the region common events to create a damage effect on a position without using the floor damage trigger - that way there will be no flashing.

6: just check all other party members if they have the dead-state in a conditional branch and don't remove the actor if all have.

Tommy Gun

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
4 - probably no way to change the *editor*, but I'm sure a script could override that setting so it's always shown at the top regardless of the setting.

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi Andar, thank for solving number 3. I knew of that way, but for some stupid reason I still did it the other way. Thanks for the common sense slap. lol

Also you said "6: just check all other party members if they have the dead-state in a conditional branch and don't remove the actor if all have." But I can only do that for 1 character at a time, I don't know how to make it check for all 4 being dead. Any tips?

As for question 4, that's the least important, just a shortcut, so Im not too bummed that it can only be done in a non-existant plugin. All good. ;)

Roflcer - The solution to number 2, can you tell me how to work with "'000?: Item_Here exists" - Everything else I think I can do, just not sure what to do with '000?: Item_Here exists

tlbearer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi Andar, thank for solving number 3. I knew of that way, but for some stupid reason I still did it the other way. Thanks for the common sense slap. lol

Also you said "6: just check all other party members if they have the dead-state in a conditional branch and don't remove the actor if all have." But I can only do that for 1 character at a time, I don't know how to make it check for all 4 being dead. Any tips?

As for question 4, that's the least important, just a shortcut, so Im not too bummed that it can only be done in a non-existant plugin. All good. ;)

Roflcer - The solution to number 2, can you tell me how to work with "'000?: Item_Here exists" - Everything else I think I can do, just not sure what to do with '000?: Item_Here exists

For 6 use the conditional branch and check the bottom box that says create and else branch.

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
for summons you can do this with pure eventing.

My Summon system replaces a single actor in the party(the person who summoned it), but you could just as easily set it up to replace the party.

You'll need to do some math with variables though for each actor, as actors normally only gain XP, if they are in party at end of battle, which the common event will only kick in when you return to the map.

Basically the common event needs to record the summon's xp when summoned, then another variable record the xp after battle, the subtract the variable you recorded at the start of battle from the after battle, then you add that new variable to each actor as XP..

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
For 6 use the conditional branch and check the bottom box that says create and else branch.
I can do that, but I just have no idea how to use or implement 000?: Item_Here exists

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
for summons you can do this with pure eventing.

My Summon system replaces a single actor in the party(the person who summoned it), but you could just as easily set it up to replace the party.

You'll need to do some math with variables though for each actor, as actors normally only gain XP, if they are in party at end of battle, which the common event will only kick in when you return to the map.

Basically the common event needs to record the summon's xp when summoned, then another variable record the xp after battle, the subtract the variable you recorded at the start of battle from the after battle, then you add that new variable to each actor as XP..
Holy crap is that beyond my skills. I can't even find a way to replace characters with something that isn't an SV-Actor. Like If I want to replace my party with a pre-made monster, I can't even find an option that will allow that. Thanks for the help though, I will have to read your words over and over until they make sense to me. ;)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
marcelox, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Please use multiquote if you want to answer several people at once, and please don't quote large posts, only what you need to refer to.

I can do that, but I just have no idea how to use or implement 000?: Item_Here exists
That isn't code, that is just a short example for using the condition - select the item and the page will only execute (and override) if that item exists in the inventory of the player
As for the state check: yes, you need one conditional branch for each actor, just either nest or negate them to get the logic you need (depends on how you structure your event)

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Holy crap is that beyond my skills. I can't even find a way to replace characters with something that isn't an SV-Actor. Like If I want to replace my party with a pre-made monster, I can't even find an option that will allow that. Thanks for the help though, I will have to read your words over and over until they make sense to me. ;)
Oh, there's no sprite for them?

First suggestion, make one.

Short from that, you'll need a plugin, and even then, most plugins people will make for such, will require a SV sprite anyway.

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
That's the issue though, I don't want to use a character-sized sprite, I wanted to bring in a large (or at least larger than SV actors) summon to come on it and handle business. ;)

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's the issue though, I don't want to use a character-sized sprite, I wanted to bring in a large (or at least larger than SV actors) summon to come on it and handle business. ;)
You can - you just have to provide the graphics for them.

All sprites in RM (and that includes sideview battler sprites) have relative formats, they can be of any size as long as the structure of the sheet is kept and every cell of the sheet has the same size.

Most probably you'll still need a plugin to change the positions of the SV sprites on the battlescreen if your sprites are too much larger, but that should be simple.

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You can - you just have to provide the graphics for them.

All sprites in RM (and that includes sideview battler sprites) have relative formats, they can be of any size as long as the structure of the sheet is kept and every cell of the sheet has the same size.

Most probably you'll still need a plugin to change the positions of the SV sprites on the battlescreen if your sprites are too much larger, but that should be simple.
Holy freakin crap, I had no idea. I didnt even try cause of I thought it wouldnt work. hmmmmmmmmmm, thanks, I might be able to work with this. :)

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please do not combine all your questions into a single topic. It makes it very hard to know what's answered and what's not, and is confusing to read through - in this thread we have 5 different conversations going on. One question = one thread.

marcelox

Painfully Clueless
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
sure thing, thought it would be more convenient but I see how it can be confusing, 1 question from now on

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks. It also makes it easier for others (especially newbies) who might have the same questions. If they search for some select key words, they could find your questions and the responses. But "I need help with 5 questions" is not going to be a thread that immediately jumps out at them from the search list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FoxStyle