Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Resource Type: Tiles

Maker Format: MV

Art Style: MV RTP Style, realistic size.

Description: I’m looking for 50's styled cars. Or styles between the 20's-50's cars, which allows for creative manipulability. I'm not looking for exact replications of existing cars just the general stylistic aspects. I wanted the cars to have a realistic size in comparison to characters. Realistically for this, I would only need three different cars and a bus preferably. This would allow for me to pepper them without seeing too much repetition. As I’m not planning on making these movable, as such, tile set images would work.

Reference Images:
30's Car
50's Car
50's Car 2
Car Size Approximate References:
Reference I [Posted by Jonnie91]
Roughly good size variation [Posted by 阿沙斗 on blog]
Game Style Reference:
classroom.png
dozeless.png

Last edited:

mmisk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It would be very interesting. Why did not you try to create this stuff yourself? Many people are interested in the cars made 100 years ago, and if the images are realistic, more people will like them. Waiting for the offers.

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@mmisk I've attempted to render these before but was not happy with the results. I'm not proficient with vehicle artwork and feel someone more skilled in it would serve far better content. Push comes to shove I'll continue trying to render out such assets or nix them from my game.

Dutchmountain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SoftCloud : I must admit I gave it a try after seeing your post. Could you send me your 'attempt' so I can picture better what you seek. Such cars are hard to do but I might want to give it an other shot.

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dutchmountain I can post it here if that'd all right. I actually lost my original attempts but I made another three. My skills have improved. I could try to keep working on these, but I fear if they aren't really well made they'll stand out really badly.

Dutchmountain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I gave it a first try, I am not completely happy with the result yet. It is scaled to a 3 x 1.5 tiles.
Other colours are possible too, let me know what you think.

Car_try01_forum.png

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dutchmountain This is beautifully rendered. The style is fitting with the game's setting perfectly. It has the right amount of fitting style but not too unique that I could see these aplenty. Seems realistically rendered for size too I think. You've nailed the curviness so nicely here. :LZScheeze:

test 2.png

Sorry for the quick render test render. Seeing how this sort of asset would fit. Looks brilliant so far.

Last edited:

SoftCloud

Aspiring Game Alchemist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dutchmountain These color variations are amazing! They fit well into the setting. I appreciate such effort you've put into these.

Dutchmountain

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@SoftCloud : Thanks, here is my attempt on your Chevy '57 request.
I created this one with light tint windows as I think it suits better. I can do that for the previous car too.

Chevy1957_forum.png

Last edited:

GalacticGod

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This set has some of the type of cars you are looking for but the style is not RTP, but maybe you could make something work with some recoloring and whatnot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

People1.png & SF_People1.png added!!!!

Adventurer:
"Why your body looks like a bird?"

Stranger:
"Because I'm harpy"

Adventurer:
"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof"

*Both dancing to Pharrell Williams song*
Stream will be live shortly with a make-up session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Pootscooter wrote on Pharonix's profile.
Hey @Pharonix, just wondering what you're up to lately and if you've had an opportunity to check out the LTBS thread in the past few days...(a couple of us could really use your expertise). Hope you are well and Happy Thanksgiving!
Anyone know the best size image to put in signature?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vorbaues