6 RTP or Closer Statues Request for MV.

Discussion in 'Resource Requests' started by Pyrathas, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    So I need a few Statues I am using FSM material but am finding I want to revert back to RTP style. My problem is I need a few statues for Temples. 64 x 128 I think? All humanoid but here is What I am needing descriptions in Soilers. No they are not mine, just part of my mood board I got from Pinterest.

The Following is a list of Goddesses, their Realm and pictures to give concept. Not asking for exact picture similarity! Just YOUR RTP styled imitation. They Make up a sort of Matron Trinity. Their Unified symbol is the raven (Yes I am using the Celtic Morrigan Trinity as references to make my own spin here). These are also majorly mentioned in my Plotline.
    MatronTrinityMoodpic.jpg
    Literally the Goddess of Life and Death (woman in the black robe above) She's not evil but she is dark. Long hair, wingless. She has two hounds that hunt runaway souls. She protected the Player Village for centuries. She is also the one who introduces the player to the world, and discusses things with the player character before he wakes up (game begins).
    deathgoddess.jpg deathgoddess2.jpg deathgoddes3.jpg

Literally Mother Nature (woman in Red). She's the counterpart to the Death Goddess. Long hair, wingless, has antlers or branches atop her head. Dryads are her children who guard her forests. Player's sister worships her. Has a scene where she talks to player searching for a quest item in her forests.
    Celtic-Priestess.jpg download.jpg

Literally Goddess of Regeneration and medicine and the youngest. Long hair, wingless. Known to raise the Dead so she is the grey or neutrally aligned goddess and is the bridge between her sisters. Often depicted with herbs or a staff. She is a mystery and at times considered truly evil despite her healing powers. After witnessing the injustice done to the player's village in defiance of her sister's Protection of it, she saves the player's life which is forbidden by the gods. The Player also finds an artifact of her's in which the whol plot revolves around. She has a few scenes with the player.
    Healing goddes.jpg Healing goddes2.jpg

These ones Are basically Class Archetype Gods. In my plot, they are minor, with some references,
    Literally the God of Justice and War. The god of warriors and Paladins. ( I am already using the knight statues for something else). Some side quests feature him.
    wargod.jpg wargod2.jpg

Literally the God of Magic. The god of mages. Think Merlin. Cameo Appearance at the Magi Tower if discovered giving the player a permanent buff.
    magic god.jpg magicgod.jpg

Ideally the god of Stealth and ranger types. The player can find him randomly in the woods hunting his sister's (goddess of Nature) creatures for sport.
    hernethehunterinthewoods.jpg ranger god.jpg
    I am making characters in the character generator later but I do want statues that don't give them away yet appears similar. It is best I do not use the character generator for the statues because they would give away the gods identities to the player which is not intended for the story progression until later.

Any takers would be grand.

2. Sharm

Sharm Pixel Tile Artist Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Are you using the RTP sprites? Knowing which sprites you're using will help people know what proportions to make everything. Also, which RTP? I assume MV, but sometimes people don't mean the latest versions of everything and don't bother to say so it pays to make sure. I think showing the generated versions of the characters could also help. If it needs to look close enough to be recognizable once the twist happens, they have to at least look mildly similar, I think. It also can be easier for an artist to start with something that exists an edit it into something else.

3. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yes I am using the MV RTP sprites with some elements and recolors from whtdragon, candacis, Avery, Strumfells and Pandamaru. I am debating on some FSM mostly grass and landscape. I do not have the characters built yet as I am trying to design "Diety clothing" but I can whip up a placeholder concept of the Deities. They are Chibi styled for now but will be editing them based on hidden ones tutorial once I have the majority of characters built. I am not that good at sprite art so clothing styles take a while.

4. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    If you'll be doing that, making a statue isn't any harder. You just make it all greyscale and put it on a pedestal, maybe adjust the placement of a limb or two if you want extra flare.

5. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I didn't want the characters being recognizable though. that's the problem. I would use the D tileset as they have the concept of a warrior, angel, ect, but doesn't have recognizable features. FSM Statues are smaller, more varied but clashes with RTP style My GDD calls for RTP styled art predominantly as I'm a one-man show with a budget here. Most of the Resources in the MV forum is RTP edits too so it saves me some time on the assets. If I could I would commission it. But my game rating is still pending until after development. The game's theme is a dark fantasy where the hero's journey is a villain's decent. So keeping the game balanced for age requirements is a problem both in narrative and aesthetic themes. My milestone goal is to have a demo with a basic CTD battle system, core features, and a balanced tile pallet out by summer for feedback. Hence why I need the statues. My maps are all "placeholders" right now.

Outside_C.png

Here's a quick Place holder concept of what I am talking about. I don't want the statues to look like them but based on their themes in a sense. (Finding all sixgods is an achievement concept that may or may not make it in game).

Place holder sprite sheets
    Death Goddess Concept.png Nature Goddess Concept.png Healing Goddess Concept.png
    Justice God Concept.png Magic God Concept.png Hunter God Concept.png

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2019
  6. Sharm

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think I understand. These aren't going to match your sprite style at all, they'll be their own thing with the statues, right?

BTW, we have a rule about not double posting, I'm going to merge your posts and if you have any question about the rules you can just ask.

7. Pyrathas

Pyrathas Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Oh sorry. I forgot about that rule. I'll be more careful. But yes.

I want the player to interact with the event saying the statue is supposed to be a certain God. It would share the theme of the god but the actual sprites would be different sharing similar themes.

For example the Goddess of Death (wearing black) is not say, a hooded woman nor her wolves nearby. Maybe she doesn't have wings. Her sisters may have statues that don't even show wings.

I mean if we look at ancient mythos the gods of each culture varies on region. I think the ancient Greek Zues for example has different variants in statues. It's based on thier interpretation.

That's what I'm trying to achieve while keeping the Art style harmonious with the rest of the game. The player sees the statue, is like yup that looks like a life and death goddess, but seeing her is like ok the statue is not fully representing her here, but close enough.

Sharm likes this.