oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
After getting some animation packs on the latest steam sale I updated MV to run animations at 60 FPS to take full advantage. However, obviously then the base animations need to be updated to use any of them. Needless to say, going through the animations and adding 4x as many frames is quite the pain. I was wondering if anyone else had already done it and had the animations in a format that could be usefully harvested?

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@oriongates What exactly do you have to do in order to make each animation run at 60 FPS? I might be able to automate the process.

oriongates

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mostly adding three additional copies of each animation frame to get it to run at 60 fps without being hyper-fast. That's the easy-but-tedious part. The hard-but-tedious part is getting effects like flash and sound effects to trigger at roughly the equivalent time in the new sequence. I think that all I need is to just multiply whatever the current frame trigger point by 4 in order to get the new trigger point (and multiply flash durations by 4)...but admittedly I haven't done many of these yet and I'm dreading the more complex ones.

EDIT: YAAR. It looks like someone did exactly this for 30 FPS versions, and to be honest that would probably be acceptable (I could either switch to 30 FPS for the new animations, or just accept that the standard animations will be a little bit fast), but it looks like the dropbox link is dead. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/default-animations-1-120-30-fps-update.99656/

Ossra

Formerly Exhydra
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm, yeah, as I thought ... it is probably going to be a bit complex. If there was a method that could be applied, all that would need to be done was read the animation data file and apply the adjustments. But if it is going to take a human eye, that is probably not going to be possible.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
MV Resources is where you share your own resources, not request them.

I've moved this thread to Resource Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Person: "Taxes are bs and money is, too! Anarchy!!" *Literally anything goes wrong* Same Person: "Why hasn't the government fixed this???"
Stream will be live shortly with a session of Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SliferZhen