64x64 icon size in RPG Maker MV(Resolved!)

ct_bolt

Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Javascript
Primarily Uses
RMMV

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Possible having a plugin made to read images from folder as icons in MV
Or changing it somewhere in the mv code. Not sure where that would be so some research may be needed

WithinAmnesia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have found 64x64 icon success!

I messaged ChrAndGow earlier and the solution given to myself was
"Go into your js folder then open rpg_windows.js and search for
Window_Base._iconWidth = 32;
Window_Base._iconHeight = 32;

change the value to 64 and your using 64 pixel icons but if i remember right yanlfys core engine will make it look messy.

Window_Base.prototype.lineHeight = function() {
return 36;
is below that and you have to change the value to 72"

I replied:
"Thank you I followed your directions and they worked on my project (with tons of plugins as well XD):

I had to adjust
Window_Base.prototype.lineHeight = function() {
return 36;

To 64 instead of 72 in order to (eventually) find the balance of fitting in icons while still having a functioning menu XD.

Also I doubled the size of the IconSet.png from 32x32 scaled icon sheet to the same icon sheet but upscaled to twice the dimensions to make icons that are 64x64. Now I can add in more refined icons; hopefully even photorealistic icons XD."

I have found success and I am grateful, now if only I could figure out how to make dead enemies spawn a chest / loot pile XD.

Last edited:

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that would probably involve having a parallel event in maps with enemies, then having stored variables to display a chest after a battle based on several conditional branches. Doable but plugin would be easier.

WithinAmnesia

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a mess of plugins and it breaks if I use yanfly. I will have to make a thread I suppose. Thank you though XD.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
most incompatibilities of plugins is usually plugin order, since i've yet to have a real plugin issue because of yanfly's, and i use a lot of plugins

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure there are any for yep on this but I know I saw one or 2 for loot pile. Trying to recall their names

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timiti