75% Off! - DIVIDED REIGNS (Classic Fantasy Inspired)

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
NovSaleHeader4.png

GO TO STORE PAGE
Spacer.png
Spacer.png
Spacer.png

Connect.png

Header.png

Wishlist.png
ABOUT DIVIDED REIGNS
The full-scale, epic fantasy role-playing experience you've wanted for decades--Divided Reigns retains all that made the JRPG classics so fantastic while still feeling fresh. Expect strategic battles, an epic scale, well-developed characters, and a deep and emotional story. Release Date: April 2nd, 2021
LAUNCH DAY TRAILER!

FEATURES
  • 70+ hours in the main story!
  • New, unique, and strategic battle system
  • Deep and emotional main story
  • All sounds and music are custom made or from stock studio productions. Perfect change for regular RPG Maker game players.
  • Nine main playable characters each with character arcs that test who they are and develop over the course of the whole game
  • Loads of side quests and secrets to discover
  • Tons of equipment to build your team for a wide variety of enemies
  • Brand new attack system where you exploit enemy's physical weaknesses similar to other games' elemental weaknesses
  • Regular post-release calendar events with unique rewards only available during the events
  • And SO much more!

world.png

A WORLD DIVIDED
Your story begins with Captain Ailfred, commander of one of the most highly decorated legions of the mighty Vooresh Empire's army. For six years a brutal conquest of the desert kingdom of Hess-Erabi is almost over, but it has cost a heavy toll on the people all across Schism (the world). To make matters worse, another war seems inevitable on the horizon which will test everyone's deepest limits.
(Click Image to view World Map)

kingdoms.png

Media.png

SS1.png

SS2.png

SS3.png

SS4.png

SS5.png

SS6.png

SS7.png

SS8.png
Coming Soon!
characters.png

FRIENDS AND FOES
Throughout your journey, you will encounter many characters. Friends will become enemies, enemies will become friends.

Syleen.png

Ailfred.png

Shakar.png

Ralts.png

Habar.png

Niomi.png

Orson.png

Celeste.png

Gabriel.png

Ferrin.png

Gall.png

Masret.png

Solonar.png

Trellic.png

Syleen.png

characters.png

THE HOME STRETCH
Divided Reigns is nearing the home stretch, marking a total of 4 years to complete upon release. We are very excited to introduce everyone to the epic story we have produced and promise it will be a hit with everyone, especially old-school SNES JRPG fans from the golden era of the best RPG's to ever be created.

WHAT WE ARE WORKING ON
We are putting the final polish into Divided Reigns as we enter the last month before release. A lot of focus is being put into the battle system, system performance and early game dialogue. We had a setback in our demo having extremely bad FPS for many players and have now fixed that issue and moving on to the final items above.

We will be ready for round 2 of Beta Testing by 3.10.21 to mop up what is left before final release!

WHAT WE NEED HELP WITH
Please reply or PM to get a free copy of the game before launch if you are interested in helping for any of the following, please PM or reply here for more information. Please be sure to post links or documents showing your ability and experience.
  • Experienced Beta Testers needed. Please provide examples of past work. We are looking for thorough testers who can hammer through the game quickly multiple times beginning in January.
  • Live Streamers and Curators. Please provide a link to your channel and how many followers you have. The streamer(s) and Curators with the largest followers will be given a free copy of the game a week before launch to live stream all week and help promote the game for launch. Influencers can find additional material from our Press-Kit.
  • Localization positions available. Although we do not plan to have different languages at launch time, we are open to the idea of adding more languages later. Especially seeking Japanese, Mandarin and Russian, but if you want to help us translate to a different language than listed we are happy to discuss a different arrangement! Please inquire for more details. Requires that you are fluent in English and language you can translate to. In addition, you will receive a free copy of the game if you have not already purchased it or has been released yet.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can be a beta tester if yo uneed it, I Beta tested StoneWorks (nice game), can do
quick runs as well when I know the mechanics.

test on on which level can be beat cerain bosses or game (I mostly try on as low as possible)
which is oalso much harder, hard glitch breaking the game.

Bug test/beta test the games what I did during developement:
- StoneWorks
- Journey to the East 1 and 2
- Isekai Demonica (No Travel Game Jam)

and other games that I liked :) (but no idea how to provide examples though)

Marquise*

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French-Canadian
Wow there is a lot of job in there and you seem so organized.

Guld

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wish I could assist with the playtesting, but my schedule is pretty backed up and I don't know if I'd be able to commit to the time/effort you require.

Regardless, the game looks fantastic so far!
Keep up the good work.

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE

DEMO & OPEN CALL FOR BETA TESTERS!

2.2.2021 - Two months remain before "Divided Reigns" is officially released. However, why wait that long? Head into the demo and play the first SIX HOURS of the game for absolutely free! On top of that, we are in desperate need of Beta Testers. Read more below!

DEMO - Launching 2.4.21 (Participating in the Steam Game Festival)
The "Divided Reigns" demo will be releasing on our Steam Page. The demo allows the first six hours of the main story in game. The retail version releasing on April 2nd will have the remaining SEVENTY hours of this epic story. The demo will be save game compatible with the retail version for anyone looking to get a lot of grinding in before hand. We would love to see you come play with us during the event!

beta_promotion.png

BETA TESTERS URGENTLY NEEDED
We will be finishing development phase next week! Four long years of grind is finally coming to an end! Since the game is so immense, we are looking for lot's of people to help beta test. We need all types of players to help from fellow developers to casual old school RPG fans.

If you are wanting to help Beta Test the entire game, please go to the link below and scroll down to the bottom. There, you will see a form to fill out so we can get your information and playing type.

Divided Reigns Press-Kit

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! This looks awesome! :o Very impressive.

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
UPDATE

DEMO FIXED!

Frame Rate and RAM Leaks Corrected
Many of you reported bad frame rates while playing the Divided Reigns Demo and was evident in many "Let's Play" videos as well. We are happy to confirm that over the past month this has been our main focus and we have fully optimized the game, repaired the leaks and FPS performance has increased dramatically.

We dusted off old laptops from the attic and on the old demo build got a horrible 3-8FPS in the first three areas of the demo. After a lot of work, these same 10 year old laptops are now steadily keeping 45-60 FPS with very little stuttering.

Difficulty Lowered
The next item of business was the games difficulty on regular mode. We had several complaints it was too hard. We have greatly reduced the difficulty for this mode and slightly reduced the difficulty for Easy mode as well.

Other Issues in the works
Battle System

We received a mixed bag of suggestions over our combat system using unique physical attacks as a part of the enemy weakness system much like traditional magic defense weaknesses of most RPG's. In addition to that a small selector bug that we have not yet repaired, but plan to very soon. We ultimately decided to keep the system because the entire game's enemies and balancing are built around finding and exploiting these weaknesses, but to make it more central to the gameplay and smarter RP usage to build up over time. We have however added better visibility to the targeting system for now.

Dialogue
Divided Reigns can best be described as a fantasy war time drama. Written by a professional author and also veteran developer of the highly scored and rated game called "Einlanzer" on Steam. The story of Divided Reigns has already been reviewed incredibly positive from our Beta Testers who have completed a playthrough already. However, we do realize and acknowledge that this style of writing is too much in the early stages of the game in which the story has not become it's own.

As such, we have a new version that has cut out an enormous amount of dialogue and tutorials and plan to have that completed in the week before release and added to the demo. However, we have changed some things already and are in the new demo build just released.

Beta Testing - Final Testing
We will begin our final Beta Test on 3.10.21. We are seeking even more testers so if you are interested, please go to the link below and follow the instructions on how to apply to be a Beta Tester. A reminder that no prerequisites are needed. Anyone can do this as long as we still have open spots.
https://nostalgiagames.net/Divided Reigns/

Saireau

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I like this in-depth patchlog. :)

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

March 17th-April 1st

Event Details
We have put together an All-Star cast of Twitch Streamers big and small to help promote our next game's launch on April 2nd. Pop in any time after March 17th and watch them during their first play throughs and hang out. We highly encourage you to watch & follow some of these talented individuals. (All streamers are being given a copy of the game on the 17th, so expect things to be slow at first)

How to Watch
The easiest & preferred way to find all of the Divided Reigns live shows will be to periodically check the Game Channel for Divided Reigns. This is the preferred method since it will be difficult for us to keep the next method up to date throughout the entire event. Plus you can find more streamers playing Divided Reigns by this method.

The other method is we will be co-streaming Divided Reigns streams from our very own and horribly noobish Divided Reigns Twitch Channel.

Switz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Divided Reigns has launched! We will be doing developer streams all throughout this week. Catch them on our store page or our Twitch channel here:
Code:
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Divided%20Reigns

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Congrats on the release! I've moved this thread to Commercial Games.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Climbing to the top #mapping
1638160732198.png
I've started the first steps of the final few maps that I need to make for B:ms. I haven't been able to say that in a really, really long time. It'd probably be a good idea to blog about this or something.
Question for the Mods: What am I supposed to do when I can't make a synopsis 350 words long? (for project recruitment thread) @Shaz @mlogan
The game is meant to be more on the simple side in order to be achievable so I'm a bit stuck...
Had a nice visit with our family. Dad grilled some burgers and mom made baked beans and fudge. We also watched Foul Play. Chevy Chase and Goldie Hawn make an awesome duo. I am surprised how much of the movie I forgot LOL. How did everyone else's holidays go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeastBanks