Maple

Adventure hard!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello! If anyone is interested, I found a way to combine scripts with a few edits to achieve 8-directional movement. You would need to have sprites for each direction to start, but implementing the scripts is fairly easy.

I used Victor Sant's Multi Frames script, and Gary Kertopermono's AnimEx v1.00 script with a spritesheet that I set up like this:

Walking

Sprinting

See it in action:

Just follow the instructions in both scripts, and you can also apply them to animating image strips, which I used to make my animated front-view battle system with animated troops as well as party members you can see in action here:

And here:

If you have any questions, please ask. I can walk you through most of it, as long as you're willing to read the scripts yourself and see how far you get with it first.

Cheers!

Justin

Attachments

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not too shabby.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Support is for asking questions in order to get some help, not for posting what might be a sort of tutorial.
Please read the Guidelines for tutorials and make a thread in that section.
[mod]Closing this[/mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just going to leave this here because a lot of people here don't seem to understand the scope of what is going on:
My book/game tackles racism alot so I've been watching the news and social media absorbing everything as unbiasedly as I can for research but as a proud Caribbean black man my emotions are a whirlwind right now.
I discovered the new English word "Secular religion" today It is an oxymoron word. Now, I wonder how many English words create per year? According to Global Language Monitor, around 5,400 new words are created every year; it's only the 1,000 or so deemed to be sufficiently widespread use that makes it into print. [I think it probably slangs or combines words] :kaoluv:
Is it normal that I love a game that I can't even play due to how bad I'm at it?
Anyone have advice for recruiting friends to bugtest with you? I had some buddies volunteer without me asking, and we agreed on dates and times... and they all just flaked...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lehamme