bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does anybody know if there is an 8-directional character sprite template for MV? I searched everywhere, but I couldn't find one. :/

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You need to tell us first which plugin you want to use for displaying that sprite.

No, I don't know of any such template at the moment, but I do know that there are different ways to position the sprites for the diagonal direction and we need to know which way the plugin you're implementing is programmed to use.

bblizzard

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Croatian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll implement my own code depending on a template I can find, it's really not much work. So the plugin is actually irrelevant. :)

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bblizzard please be specific What style (Tall or Chibi) and what size (1, 2 tile or bigger) sprites you need.

Rhino

~Inactive~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Are we talking about 8 directional as in diagonal movement? There's a template of that both chibi and tall characters here. :cutesmile:

(The chibi template isn't in the main post, just scroll down a few messages for that. Not sure what the terms are though, as it seems to be by a different author, but should be able to uncover something with some digging!)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tell it to me straight, doc. If I've been trying to piece together a "shorter" game to learn stuff outside of game jams... am I just running away from my WIP? :v
Well, I've got a party tomorrow, and my friends are coming over. I wanted to work a bit on the Fandom Scouts assets so I can be ready when that update arrives... in other news, Pizza Time Horror is getting a second teaser, and it shows Cabaret Helen's last performance before the location closed.
Also who used to be scared of Chuck E as a kid? I was! Now I love him!
The new cards and what they do:

(I am clearly not a youtuber... Haha)
Just for the record you CAN use the "Exclude unused files" successfully to trim a project down seriously even if you're doing calls to various assets via plugins and such. BUT you need to do a full playtest of pretty much every option to ensure you did get every one of those other assets added in. Then I dumped the assets into a fresh copy of the project and yay it was like 400 Meg......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AstralCola