:/

Would you allow this "great" and "kind" person to make games?

• yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • no. As in, never.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hi. I got RPG maker to have a chance at making games. I either work alone or with a group of friends depending on if the games long or short. I'm inspired by other games including famous RPG maker games and devs (examples being Mason Lindroth) I wana see if I could have a shot of working on games. Currently I am working on several games (one of them being a game called"box head boy" witch I will be discussing more about in the coming years.) I hope to see where this gets me, I guess.

Last edited:

Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please go away.
Let me give you some advice. When you introduce yourself, don't pick a fight. Not even over the internet. Or it may happen that the person you're being so kind to is not the best type to mess with and he/she doesn't have the longest temper.
And even if you don't, you make yourself look more stupid than you possibly are.

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'll take option 3 which is, "Well, you bought the thing so there ain't nothing I can do about it". ;)

Welcome to the forums! It appears that your sense of humor got you off to a rocky start. You might want to dial it back a little until you get acquainted with everyone here. Good luck with your game!

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Thanks for calling me "stupid" when I just got here :thumbsup-right:

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for calling me "stupid" when I just got here :thumbsup-right:
I'm sure he did not mean it that way. It does make you look bad to say stuff like please go away on an intro though.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi and welcome to the forums! We hope you will find the help you may need as you make your games and a place here in the community.

I just want to address this post, as it seems to be going in a downhill direction. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that perhaps you are young and attempting some humor here, possibly based on the negative tones of other forums you've participated in. There are a lot of them out there where mean and negative behavior is the norm. This is not one of those. We (mods and members alike) work hard to maintain a positive atmosphere here and feel it's a part of what draws many to stick around this community. Given that, and the fact that it's hard to tell when someone is joking online, hopefully you can see why your joking around was not received well.

As for your poll, well, it's frankly not up to us to "allow" you to make games or not. That is your choice, and we have no say in it, whether your games are good or bad, so there's really no way any of us can answer the poll. Spend some time, prove what you can do with the engine and you'll find you can get a lot of support here.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@stoovan Well, thank you for telling us to go away when you just got here I guess.

As it has already been said, this is not a forum where hostility belongs. It's even in forum rules that we do NOT insult/harass other forum members and even excessive trolling and profanity is not allowed here. And both members and mods try to keep friendly atmosphere though.
But unlike others, I don't try. I'm not known as someone who is polite, but as someone who is blunt. And I'm not someone to leave undeserved hostility be.
Btw. I did not call you stupid. If you take a careful look, I formulated that so it avoids any direct insult or names calling.
Anyway, no hard feelings taken. If you behave yourself well, I won't have a problem with you. But if you want to pick fights, visit some random youtube videos (I can recommend f1 videos), not here.

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@stoovan Well, thank you for telling us to go away when you just got here I guess.

As it has already been said, this is not a forum where hostility belongs. It's even in forum rules that we do NOT insult/harass other forum members and even excessive trolling and profanity is not allowed here. And both members and mods try to keep friendly atmosphere though.
But unlike others, I don't try. I'm not known as someone who is polite, but as someone who is blunt. And I'm not someone to leave undeserved hostility be.
Btw. I did not call you stupid. If you take a careful look, I formulated that so it avoids any direct insult or names calling.
Anyway, no hard feelings taken. If you behave yourself well, I won't have a problem with you. But if you want to pick fights, visit some random youtube videos (I can recommend f1 videos), not here.
I have no idea why you are using an attempt at some form of humor as an insult. Yeah, its not the best joke in the book (if you can even call it a joke) but what makes you think that one simple line of text that is not intended to be what you call "harassment" is considered that way. In no way did I use that as a form of Hostility or harassment. I thought people like you know better than this. Besides the fact, its not like anyone would know who I am or if I published a game anyway weather I made this or not. So me stating people to "go away" is what people would normally do (aka by going back to the main page). I'm not here to start any fight.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Both of you lets drop it please. I think something got misunderstood here, and probably best to just let it go.

On another note, welcome aboard. Have you looked at the tutorials yet? I have a few in my signature, and even though they say they are for ACE, the ideas also work for MV.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If that was meant to just be a joke, I'm sorry for this. There's often a very short line between just a joke and a troll, which is why I perceived it as picking a fight.

stoovan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Its ok, no harm done. I just made a bad joke and it got misunderstood. On the subject of RPGVXA, I know a bit about it and I been using it in my spare time. Hope to see how that goes.

Vincent Chu

Writer and translator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its ok, no harm done. I just made a bad joke and it got misunderstood. On the subject of RPGVXA, I know a bit about it and I been using it in my spare time. Hope to see how that goes.
Cool. I missed the bad joke by the time I read this post. Anyway, I think the fact that you edited it later on means that you're at least someone who's willing to listen to reasonable criticism and change accordingly. That's more than I can say about a lot of stubborn people in the world so welcome. I think there's probably quite a number of us in this community who are socially awkward to some degree (or maybe it's just me, I don't know) anyway, so I guess there's still a chance you might fit here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i watched the sonic movie it was pretty good i hope they make a sequel
tomorrow I'ma go on a cruise for the first time ever... lets hope I'll survive the experience!
Omg! 8 years in this forum :o
Ksi
Streaming the last of the RMN Valentiny event games so feel free to drop on by and watch me cry (whether that's from laughter, rage or sheer pain, who knows?)
Today I went to sleep without setting an alarm, so I could sleep more than 2 hours. I woke up after 2 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZidaneX