:/

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by stoovan, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Would you allow this "great" and "kind" person to make games?

Poll closed Jan 13, 2018.
  1. yes

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. no. As in, never.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. stoovan

stoovan Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hi. I got RPG maker to have a chance at making games. I either work alone or with a group of friends depending on if the games long or short. I'm inspired by other games including famous RPG maker games and devs (examples being Mason Lindroth) I wana see if I could have a shot of working on games. Currently I am working on several games (one of them being a game called"box head boy" witch I will be discussing more about in the coming years.) I hope to see where this gets me, I guess.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  2. Poryg

Poryg Pixie of the Emvee kingdom

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Let me give you some advice. When you introduce yourself, don't pick a fight. Not even over the internet. Or it may happen that the person you're being so kind to is not the best type to mess with and he/she doesn't have the longest temper.
    And even if you don't, you make yourself look more stupid than you possibly are.

misakoc, readydotexe and Guiguimu like this.
  3. Frogboy

Frogboy I'm not weak to fire

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll take option 3 which is, "Well, you bought the thing so there ain't nothing I can do about it". ;)

Welcome to the forums! It appears that your sense of humor got you off to a rocky start. You might want to dial it back a little until you get acquainted with everyone here. Good luck with your game!

readydotexe and Guiguimu like this.
  4. TakeHomeTheCup

TakeHomeTheCup Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Uh, hey there, sir.

5. stoovan

stoovan Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Thanks for calling me "stupid" when I just got here :thumbsup-right:

6. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm sure he did not mean it that way. It does make you look bad to say stuff like please go away on an intro though.

7. mlogan

mlogan I am not sir, mr., dude or bro

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi and welcome to the forums! We hope you will find the help you may need as you make your games and a place here in the community.

I just want to address this post, as it seems to be going in a downhill direction. I'd like to give you the benefit of the doubt and presume that perhaps you are young and attempting some humor here, possibly based on the negative tones of other forums you've participated in. There are a lot of them out there where mean and negative behavior is the norm. This is not one of those. We (mods and members alike) work hard to maintain a positive atmosphere here and feel it's a part of what draws many to stick around this community. Given that, and the fact that it's hard to tell when someone is joking online, hopefully you can see why your joking around was not received well.

As for your poll, well, it's frankly not up to us to "allow" you to make games or not. That is your choice, and we have no say in it, whether your games are good or bad, so there's really no way any of us can answer the poll. Spend some time, prove what you can do with the engine and you'll find you can get a lot of support here.

Sauteed_Onion, Frogboy and Windows i7 like this.
  8. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @stoovan Well, thank you for telling us to go away when you just got here I guess.

As it has already been said, this is not a forum where hostility belongs. It's even in forum rules that we do NOT insult/harass other forum members and even excessive trolling and profanity is not allowed here. And both members and mods try to keep friendly atmosphere though.
    But unlike others, I don't try. I'm not known as someone who is polite, but as someone who is blunt. And I'm not someone to leave undeserved hostility be.
    Btw. I did not call you stupid. If you take a careful look, I formulated that so it avoids any direct insult or names calling.
    Anyway, no hard feelings taken. If you behave yourself well, I won't have a problem with you. But if you want to pick fights, visit some random youtube videos (I can recommend f1 videos), not here.

Sauteed_Onion and Frogboy like this.
  9. stoovan

stoovan Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    I have no idea why you are using an attempt at some form of humor as an insult. Yeah, its not the best joke in the book (if you can even call it a joke) but what makes you think that one simple line of text that is not intended to be what you call "harassment" is considered that way. In no way did I use that as a form of Hostility or harassment. I thought people like you know better than this. Besides the fact, its not like anyone would know who I am or if I published a game anyway weather I made this or not. So me stating people to "go away" is what people would normally do (aka by going back to the main page). I'm not here to start any fight.

10. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Both of you lets drop it please. I think something got misunderstood here, and probably best to just let it go.

On another note, welcome aboard. Have you looked at the tutorials yet? I have a few in my signature, and even though they say they are for ACE, the ideas also work for MV.

Vincent Chu likes this.
  11. Poryg

First Language:
    Czech
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    If that was meant to just be a joke, I'm sorry for this. There's often a very short line between just a joke and a troll, which is why I perceived it as picking a fight.

Vincent Chu likes this.
  12. stoovan

stoovan Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Its ok, no harm done. I just made a bad joke and it got misunderstood. On the subject of RPGVXA, I know a bit about it and I been using it in my spare time. Hope to see how that goes.

Vincent Chu likes this.
  13. Vincent Chu

Vincent Chu Writer and translator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Cool. I missed the bad joke by the time I read this post. Anyway, I think the fact that you edited it later on means that you're at least someone who's willing to listen to reasonable criticism and change accordingly. That's more than I can say about a lot of stubborn people in the world so welcome. I think there's probably quite a number of us in this community who are socially awkward to some degree (or maybe it's just me, I don't know) anyway, so I guess there's still a chance you might fit here.

Frogboy likes this.
  14. bgillisp

bgillisp Global Moderators

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Vincent Chu : Isn't that the truth? I have a saying that I only remove the foot in my mouth just so I can shove the other one in instead. We all make blunders, what matters is how we respond to them.