Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, fellow rpg makers!

Part 9 of the tutorial series is up. In the previous video I showed how to load a custom $dataFile, but there are cases where this is not enough. So in this part I'll show you how you can manually load any file you want and I'll also demonstrate how you can make a simple, but smart enough preloading engine for images!

Required: An IDE (some of the most popular ones are Atom, Sublime text 2, Visual Studio Code (which I use) or Eclipse), some Javascript knowledge, Object oriented programming might be of help.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
nice tutorials, I hope I can create something neat or a nice and better funtional image menu.
and the ppl can use the image through the params.

My evented menu works good, but has 2 downsides I try to solve. Which I cant find a solution for it.
I hope to find around this when I watch all your videos and see what is possible ^^

Thank you for the effort in making those.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I always say, with Javascript you can create pretty much anything :p (as long as you don't intend to fly a rocket to space :D) and given the amount of various js tools out there, the possibilities increase every day. Hopefully the language doesn't scare you off :thumbsup-left:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not really, Its an intresting thing though. Thre is also 1 funny thing on the RPG maker FB page: "install all the plugins"
which are hundreds of them, maybe a thousand.

But the amount of usefull on is kinda amazed what you can do those days.

I hope there come some more usefull tutorials.

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thre is also 1 funny thing on the RPG maker FB page: "install all the plugins"

Well, they kind of shoot themselves in the foot here. MV as an engine is poorly optimized and bloating the main thread with hundreds of plugins only makes the problem even worse. And even though es6 has brought awesome tools - async functions and more friendly class syntax, we're not going to see these changes in MV for compatibility reasons with older plugins.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but a miracle has occurred, and IT'S HAPPENING!!!
xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PessNaro