_

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by ___, Jan 10, 2016.

1. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016
  2. Zortik

Zortik The Architect Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Heya, welcome to the forums!

3. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Zortik likes this.
  4. Makio-Kuta

Makio-Kuta Canadian Goose Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Welcome to the forums! Thanks for sharing your music; I love what you have going on there. (a lot of the tracks have this interesting intensity to them) Looking forward to seeing and hearing what else you bring to the community.

5. ___

___ Villager Member

_

6. amaSenpai

amaSenpai LP: amaSenpai Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hello and welcome!

Your music is very engaging -- almost every one of them transports me into the middle of an action sequence or turning point. If your games are anything like the music I would love to see them!

I hope to see more of your work in the forums.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2016
  7. ___

___ Villager Member

_

8. Cadh20000

Cadh20000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Welcome to the group!

Sorry, my comp has been acting up lately so I haven't tried listening to your music.

Glasgow, eh? England or a different Glasgow that I don't know of?

9. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Cadh20000 likes this.
  10. Cadh20000

Cadh20000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Lol, probably. :p

11. Rikifive

Rikifive Bringer of Happiness Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Hello!

Your music is really great!

[​IMG]

... Especially, when I can't listen to it, but it allows me to log-in in case if I'd forget where that button is. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Your profile ~ is this what I think of? Memories... I loved and still love that game! (still have my save file on memory card (PS1))

Welcome to the herd! (=

Marsigne likes this.
  12. ___

___ Villager Member

_

13. Rikifive

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Yup, that was definitely the update ~ It works now ~ I'll listen to it later, since it's 2:12 AM and I'm using only speakers, so I don't want to make noise now. ^^

I thought so. ^^

This game is definitely one of my favorite games of all time. I was playing it when I was a kid, thousands of hours spent on it. (Played PS1 version only)

I loved the local-coop mode and playing with my brother or sister and everything else in that game. Nothing will beat that one. =3

Good memories... ^^

14. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Rikifive likes this.
  15. Rikifive

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    I tried the PC version once, but it was not the same ~ In my opinion the Playstation one was way better.

This game brings so many memories ~ it was the first hack'n'slash type game I've ever played, so amount of 'Woah!'s and 'YAY!'s were extremely high, when experiencing and discovering new mechanics and stuff, especially when playing with my brother/sister. =3

~~

That's a nice quality music! Are you focusing on Piano and Orchestral music only? (=

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
  16. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Rikifive likes this.
  17. Rikifive

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Yeah, it's kinda hard to get it to work, but I still have PSX and that game. =3

Well said. ^^

*gasp* I had so much fun playing these! Especially Champions of Norrath with 4-player-coop! :D

These were interesting games, but for example "Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms" was incredibly poorly balanced - Warrior or Barbarian (I don't remember) and Berserker (If I remember correctly) were 99999999 times better than all other classes combined together, because they had % of damage in their skills, where the rest had points of damage, which resulted in major balance issues in later stages, because the melee characters were progressing, where the others were stuck with low dmg, that even stats couldn't raise. Also the figurines were absolutely OP. But it was fun for many hours anyway! =3

I really love Piano and orchestral music, especially if it's memorable and great~calming to hear. Electronic and rock are also my favorites. ^^

I'm not that good, since I'm kinda new to this and I'm still learning, so there's no 'woahs' but yes, I'm trying to put my own graphics as much as possible in my games, even if they would have to look terrible. ^^

For example in the second project (demo) from my signature (the one with 'Zzz') the graphics are custom made by myself. It's not something great, since all of that was made in hurry (made in about a week)

In the third project (GvsE) the backgrounds were made by me ~ sprites, characters and stuff were made by community/event-creators ~ and some editing from my side.

The fourth project (with the crystal icon) has only my own stuff except music. All graphics, sound effects and gameplay was made/written by me. - It's also not perfect, because it was made in about a week just like the 'Zzz' one - both were made for 'Indie in a Week' contest.

So in these 3 projects you can see some examples of my work. I was also doing some icons for community, but I was totally just starting, so they look silly. =P

Marsigne likes this.
  18. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Rikifive likes this.
  19. Rikifive

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Totally agree. Same with NES etc..

4-players is epic indeed. :D

I liked both games ~ Baldur's Gate for more interesting gameplay~story & maps ~ Champions of Norrath for longer and nice gameplay.

~ But if I had to choose, then I think that would be Champions of Norrath, because I simply have spent more time and had more fun with that one.

"attacks which would cease to become any more powerful after a certain point because they weren't affected by the statistics"

This is exactly what happens in Champions of Norrath: Return to Arms.

Melee characters had % of damage based on statistics, so besides skill points they could always raise the damage.

Magical characters had points of damage based only on the skill itself. For example if you've raised one skill to max level and had 500 dmg with it, then it was impossible to make it more powerful in any way, because it was not affected by statistics.

500 dmg was weak in later stages, because if I remember correctly, melee-type characters were dealing about 10000 damage if not even more.

The balancing also broke with these figurines.

Figurines were raising your parameters when having them in inventory at cost of the character's inventory capacity (allowed weight). It itself was good and not bad, but there were Strength-giving figurines, which were raising your STR at cost of let's say 10 inventory weight capacity, BUT the STR bonus was giving you more maximum weight capacity ~ let's say about 8, so in total it took only 2 of allowed weight, which resulted in having TONS of them, thus raising your melee damage by an incredible amount. Magical characters were crying there. =P

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked them. (=

I'm always trying to make my games as original as possible, even if they would have to look terrible. I just love to throw my stuff to my games, not using the default ones or available resources, which results in having 9999 similar looking games. I'm not saying that it's bad though ~ game can't be bad just for using them, but it's always a nice touch to see something new. ^^

Not that long ~ I'm not an artist of any kind at all. I have it stated in my profile though, but that's only because I'm capable of doing some low quality, yet at least use-able things, so I'm not a professional artist, but just a beginner.

Few silly icons on forums and graphics visible in my games are actually my first things, because I was never doing any graphics before - not even drawing on parer, where I'm terrible at that.

I've started using RPG Maker about a half a year ago, so that's when I started doing this I guess, though I'm very rarely making graphics.

I admit, that making anything takes me some time, due to lack of professional experience and knowledge. I'm doing and doing something until it looks acceptable.

At the moment I'm capable of making only simple things, but I really like making icons and stuff, so that's why I'm trying my best to do these by myself in order to gain experience. ^^

20. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Rikifive likes this.