_

Discussion in 'Introductions/Farewells' started by ___, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Rikifive

Rikifive Bringer of Happiness Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Yeah, it's not possible to fully recreate the experience. =P

Yes, it was supporting playing online, though I've never tried that, because my PS2 didn't had any internet connection.

Now this is a good comparison between these games. ^^

Yup, that's right. In Diablo there were even monsters with immunity to all, such as 'Obsidian Lord'. I had to kill them with my staff, because nothing was working on them besides 'Golem' spell. Playing with these resistances was a challenge indeed. At least Sorcerer had a high amount of mana, so when you had Mana Shield ON, then you had more than 700 Hit points (and additional 200+ of normal health in case if the shield would go down). It was easy to keep track of that, since you were using your mana for spells and as health, so basically having Potions of Mana was enough.

Good times... ^^

Yeah, I guess that was a hidden hate message by developers. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Actually there was an event 'Indie in a Week' organized on forums, so that's when 'Sleeping Hill' and 'Frozen Dream' were created. 'Indie in a Week 3' is going to start soon, so perhaps that'll be time for third quick-mad game. (also there's the birthday event, so I'll make one game for both events I guess) ^^

I've tried making 8-bit music for some time, but it was terrible. I've did some remakes (song to 8-bit), but when it comes to come up with my own melody and stuff ~ extremely difficult ~ perhaps I'd make something nice, but it would require so much time lel.

When I was starting working with RM I had absolutely 0 experience in scripting/drawing and stuff. I'd never guess I'll be able to do anything at all. =P

Making a whole game on your own is pretty nice indeed, but it depends. Everything has its own pros and cons. ~ Everything takes forever to make, but at least you don't have to search/rely on the others that much, which may cause problems sometimes. But having a team made of friends would be even better and fun. ^^

I was thinking about this, but I'm not going to lie - I don't think I'm ready for any profit yet. I highly doubt, that my silly games/minigames would be something, that would be worth buying, though I admit, that even a tiny profit would help a lot due to different currency. Well, I think many people would love to achieve success here - Doing what they love and don't have to be worried by RL problems.

Perhaps someday...

How about you? Any plans? =P

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
  2. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2016
    Rikifive likes this.
  3. Rikifive

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    lol exactly! That moment, when you're dying on level ~10 just because you forgot to put on the shield. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Obsidian lords were quite difficult to handle as sorcerer ~ there were even more completely immune to elements monsters in hell (floor) on hell (difficulty). If chasing ranged enemies with a warrior was a challenge, then imagine what sorcerer had to do with resistant ranged enemies. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Rogue was the simpliest class (because of ranged 'melee' damage) and I liked playing as her.

I loved Diablo 1 on PSX, because of local coop. It was really fun to play, though friendly fire was really annoying. With my Sorcerer I was accidentally killing him by hitting him with my fireball spell. Max resistances didn't helped him. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I didn't have GBA. =P

I love NES games! =3  ...Though I haven't played Metroid that much. =P

But NES music is great indeed. To this day I like to listen to soundtracks from these games. Music from games like "Duck Tales", "Ultimate Stuntman", "Big Nose The Caveman" and many more brings back so many good memories. =3

Why, thank you. Perhaps someday...?

Yup, I'm from Poland and I'm surprised, that Poland managed to achieve something. =P

I haven't played any of the Wither games either, but I keep hearing, that it's a really decent game. Well, I'm kinda proud of what they did. ^^

It will sound weird, but I'm not keeping track of the AAA games, neither playing them. To be honest I'm rarely playing any games due to lack of free time and... well money.

My friend is always asking me "Did you see that game?" "*gasp* a nice game is about to be released, check it out!", "I'm playing an awesome game, play this too! *links tons of gameplays and tells everything about the game*" - I guess that's my personal source of news, though still I'm not playing them. =P

I prefer some silly indie games. =P

Quite like me. I'm spending more time toying with stuff than playing games, as I said below the quote above. =P

It is fun, but quite challenging and kind of frustrating sometimes. =P

Well good luck with your project! ^^

What people say is true - RPG's are definitely one of the much harder genres to make. My main project is an RPG - it takes forever to make; however, making simple games can be done within a week.

I think I'll be killed for advertising, but 'Indie in a Week 3' is an event organized on the other forums and is going to start very soon. (Signups & info in few days, then game making period starts on ~1st March)

Oh sure! ~ Especially sound effects. =P

I'm only capable of doing 8-bit SE, but nothing else, so that could be really helpful, thanks for offering! (=

And I think I may need some music as well for main project, if you don't mind ponies of course. =P

Just of curiosity ~ do you have some samples of SE's? ~ also by the way, the music samples you've posted in the OP are gone again. =P

LOL, so many walls of text in an introduction topic. Has science gone too far? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2016
  4. ___

___ Villager Member

_

5. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nah, but we remind you that you don't need to quote if you are responding to the post immediately above yours. People will get what you are referring to. ;)

6. Rikifive

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    YAY! ^^

But a reply to a wall of text may be confusing a little, so I still prefer to quote the parts. =P

lol, true xD

You had to be very cautious, because when 3 or 4 of them were starting to hit you ~ bad times.

It was fun to play with her as tactics were kinda important.

Guess what was happening when my brother was standing between me and an army of enemies while I was using Chain Lightning. #SHREKT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But still, the first one was... and is the best Diablo game, where the third one was a total failure in my opinion.

Heh, that's good. ^^

I'm not hyped for AAA games, because they're boring. I don't care, that they have super graphics ~ they're just boring for me. Years ago, there were many great games, now there are only few left and remakes/rematering all the way. I prefer to play simpler games, where the gameplay is more important.

Well, not exactly ~ I don't find these games interesting, so it's like getting a spam with 'useless' info. =P He's throwing me gameplays and such and I'm always ending not playing the game at all.

I like to play Roguelike/RPGs/Platformers/Hack'n'slash/Horror/Action/Side~topdown scrollers ~ well basically many things, especially if there is local multiplayer.

Example games that I can think of at the moment are:

'Rogue Legacy' (a nice game), 'Hero Siege' (loved to play that with my brother), 'Risk of Rain' (it was fun to play with my brother), '8-bit Commando' (extremely fun when playing with bro), 'Shovel Knight' (good times and great soundtracks) and many more.

What about you? Besides old-school RPG/hack'n'slashes anything particular? =P

Yup, there is really lots of work on these. Making sidescrollers or other minigame-like games requires much less work, balancing and resources. Making a decent RPG will surely take forever.

There is still some time for sign ups and yes, I'm participating this event. Hopefully I'll manage to enter something this time. =P

A stickman game would be always something - many people don't manage to even upload anything in time. In 'Indie in a Week! 2' out of 21 contestants, only 5 of them managed to make an entry. =P

Haha, nice one! xD

My main project will take forever, so there is still time. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)   ~ I probably will be needing sounds like magic effects and such. =P

When I'll come up with something then sure! ^^

To this day I can't believe on what I'm doing with my life. That fact surprises even me and it's quite difficult to explain lol. ... It's magic.

Every single fandom is hated by people outside, not only with MLP. I haven't played it, but Undertale seems to have a fandom, that is hated by some people already. I saw some stuff here and there asking what is so awesome about this, that there's so much hype about it.

I think the hate appears just because of the differences between people. One person loves one thing, second person another thing - they don't understand each other, so the hate is created. ~ Like you said - they can't understand that. People love to judge others, so it's a great occasion to throw some negative energy all over the place I guess.

I always liked to watch 'happy' stuff instead of bloody action movies. I dislike RL stuff and its problems, so I prefer to watch something else to keep me distracted from this. Kid shows and stuff like this are sometimes way much 'smarter' than anything else ~ I just like to absorb some positive energy and watch things, that we'll never get IRL.

There are more factors, that causes people liking stuff like this ~ especially the pain and sadness, that RL is throwing at them.

Everybody have their own story and everything looks different from their point of view.

7. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Responding to only part of a wall of text is an appropriate use of the quote button. I'm talking more about this kind of thing.

8. Rikifive

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Ah you mean quoting the whole post ~ Then, yes, you're right, that's totally unnecessary. Not sure why I keep doing this ~ I guess that's a some kind of my automatic reaction.

9. ___

___ Villager Member

_

Rikifive likes this.
  10. Rikifive

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Exactly! The atmosphere was absolutely not the same. Also I loved the slower and more tactical gameplay that Diablo 1 has, not party everywhere and hope, that your equipment will save you, because there's no way to dodge anything.

I absolutely agree, that Diablo 3 was heavily disappointing ~ starting with the style/gameplay to extremely poor balancing, which made me hate this game. Also the fact, that 'leveling' is only a very background feature multiplies all that failure. To my surprise, I've got bored of that game extremely fast. Also Blizzard became very greedy and I don't like them anymore. Most of these bigger companies became greedy lately, so I'd rather support some indie developers, that deserves that more.

To be honest everybody were so hyped for it, so I also thought that there's something wrong with me, because I'm the only one who dislikes all of this.  :guffaw:

'Path of Exile' is much better than Diablo 3 in my opinion, because it's free and it's constantly updated with many new features, where Diablo 3 is stuck and when it comes to a nice update, then it's done via DLC, where you have to pay. I'm not that stupid, so that's why I'm avoiding these games.

I know that feeling. Sometimes my friends were like "What are you playing, this game looks so retarded lel" ~ at least my brother shares my interests and we're liking the same stuff, thus making local coop games EPIC!

I see ~ when it comes to nostalgic moments for me, then I'm looking for some NES or AMIGA games. Also I miss the days, where I had ATARI - now that was FABULOUS! when playing some funny games with family like 'Labyrinth'.  :guffaw:

Yup ~ sometimes there is a nice film or something, but most of the time, there's only hate in the TV.

Series? Most of them are that stupid, that I have no idea why they're aired in TV. Only problems, hate and argues all over the place are to be found there. Why do I need to watch this, when I can just come out and easily experience that IRL.

News? Politics? Kill it with fire ~ Sometimes I can't believe how stupid the humanity can be.

Watching that kind of stuff makes mind explode, so I just rather like watching some nice stuff and I think, that many people should learn from them due to obvious reasons.

Due to my new job I highly doubt I'll be able to finish anything, so probably I'll quickly write a script for a minigame and pretend it's a full game. Perhaps 'Flappy Eric' or an 'Arkanoid' game? =P

Good luck then! I'm also curious what you'll do there! ^^