Brellelasouls

Geister
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I have a BIG issue with the default swamp tiles in game, idk why they thought the ONLY time someone is gonna be in a swamp is if it's poisonous. Well as someone who loves Swamp levels and lands in games I just couldn't stand for that.
MAP001.png MAP002.png

So I edited the default tiles in RPG Maker MV to be a swamp shrek could be proud of.Swamp Tileset.png

EDIT: Free for personal or Commercial use

UPDATE:

So I made some edits with comments I got here and from Reddit.

Here is the updated version that now has a mud puddle. I also made it compatible with the base RTP tilesets in case you didn't want the edited grass and you just wanted the swamp water part.
Outside_A1%20Better%20Swamp_zpsvhhq92qu.png

Outside_A2%20Better%20Swamp_zpsnjqdapj5.png

Last edited:

Tea++

I'm human
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Very nice! What are the terms of use?

M.I.A.

Goofball Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm an "all-weather/all-terrain hiker/adventurer" and some of my favorite and most challenging hikes were slogging through the swamps in knee to waist high muck!! Let me tell ya, there are some beautiful swamps and wet lands around. Great work! :)

-MIA

MandaPanda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! Thank you. Inspired by the mucking comment by MIA, I might even turn the long grass into mud! Love the colour pallet you have chosen

Brellelasouls

Geister
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great! Thank you. Inspired by the mucking comment by MIA, I might even turn the long grass into mud! Love the colour pallet you have chosen

That is not a bad idea, I might possibly add mud if I do I'll make sure to post it here.

cedr777

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Photobucket watermark ruined it for me. :headshake:

Scathach52

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, same here.

So I have a BIG issue with the default swamp tiles in game, idk why they thought the ONLY time someone is gonna be in a swamp is if it's poisonous. Well as someone who loves Swamp levels and lands in games I just couldn't stand for that.
View attachment 119996 View attachment 119997

So I edited the default tiles in RPG Maker MV to be a swamp shrek could be proud of.View attachment 119995

EDIT: Free for personal or Commercial use

UPDATE:

So I made some edits with comments I got here and from Reddit.

Here is the updated version that now has a mud puddle. I also made it compatible with the base RTP tilesets in case you didn't want the edited grass and you just wanted the swamp water part.
Outside_A1%20Better%20Swamp_zpsvhhq92qu.png

Outside_A2%20Better%20Swamp_zpsnjqdapj5.png
Can you please upload a higher quality picture of this or provide a better quality image of this without the photobucket watermark? I also wanna use it to sink characters in. (https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/quicksand.51817/)

Photobucket watermark ruined it for me. :headshake:
Here ya go.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Scathach52 I have merged your 3 posts into one. If you want to add something, and it's less than 72 hours since you posted, and no one has posted after you, just use the Edit button on your earlier post to include the additional info/comment. If you want to quote more than one person, please use the Multiquote button.

Your reddit link does not appear to be working.

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
If I use "show graphic" after clicking on the image with the watermark or fullscreen on photobucket I still get the resource without watermark.

PARCB

GAN's Professor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If I use "show graphic" after clicking on the image with the watermark or fullscreen on photobucket I still get the resource without watermark.
Thank you very much Avery!!!!

LunarFlareStudios

Crazy Fangirl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really want this, but the stinking Photobucket watermark annoys me as much as it annoys everyone else here. I can't open the image in Photobucket, and "show graphic" isn't an option for me as I can't find it.
Is there a way you can upload it without the watermark? I know, everyone else is asking the same thing, but by Starlight Moon, I can't use this in my game with that logo in the way.

KaitlynKitty

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really want this, but the stinking Photobucket watermark annoys me as much as it annoys everyone else here. I can't open the image in Photobucket, and "show graphic" isn't an option for me as I can't find it.
Is there a way you can upload it without the watermark? I know, everyone else is asking the same thing, but by Starlight Moon, I can't use this in my game with that logo in the way.
More than likely, the watermark issue was not present when the artist was still active. The artist is long gone. All we can hope for is some work-around that gives us access to the raw image.

Edit: Coming back to this now with a fresh pair of eyes, the first tileset image has more or less everything we need. We just need to distribute it among the tiles appropriately. Sadly though, many animated tiles are still not there.

AlphaOmega

Alpha Ωmega Graphics
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Idk if this helps anyone but I have a chrome extension.... see video

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am very confused by everyone complaining about the Logo issue. Basically, of the 4 rows, the watermark renders just the middle two "useless", with everything in the top and bottom row being safe and unalterd.
1659958157588.png
Everything pink in my example is just fine and use as is, so you can safe the sheets and just swap the watermarked part out. But for what?

If we look at the middle strips and compare them to their RTP counterparts, we can see that basically 3/4 of them are just RTP, period. I marked these turquoise.
1659958329417.png
This leaves us with just a hand full of remaining tiles you have to swap.

And then there is still that "first" tilesheet, attatched and unwatermarked in the start post, right? I wonder if that has those tiles?
1659958605531.png

Long story short, nothing is gone and everything is a little cutting and pasting with a fixed grid away.

LunarFlareStudios

Crazy Fangirl
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am very confused by everyone complaining about the Logo issue. Basically, of the 4 rows, the watermark renders just the middle two "useless", with everything in the top and bottom row being safe and unalterd.
View attachment 237065
Everything pink in my example is just fine and use as is, so you can safe the sheets and just swap the watermarked part out. But for what?

If we look at the middle strips and compare them to their RTP counterparts, we can see that basically 3/4 of them are just RTP, period. I marked these turquoise.
View attachment 237066
This leaves us with just a hand full of remaining tiles you have to swap.

And then there is still that "first" tilesheet, attatched and unwatermarked in the start post, right? I wonder if that has those tiles?
View attachment 237067

Long story short, nothing is gone and everything is a little cutting and pasting with a fixed grid away.
I guess I was really lazy that day and didn't feel like putting the effort in. Of course, I'm feeling more creative today. Thanks, Avery.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

DamageEvil_5.png added!
index.php

Rendering the intro for the 4 time today, everytime it finished I noticed something that I found off and had to fix it and render it all over again...
Would not be so bad if it was not for my PC having the speed of a slug.:kaoswt2:
Tried something. Little sneak peak of Unity AD.
M42S7Us.gif

It's the little things. Lengthened the time the bar fades in and out to be a bit more comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zyron250