Madsdam481

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Danish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Heyo! I'm a kid starting on RPG maker, and I'm making my first game right now.
For now, I've been using the free trial version of VX Ace, and I want to buy this on steam. The problem is, as stated in the title, I can't find stuff online about moving your game files from the trial version to steam. I just want to be 100% sure so I don't get it wrong and waste a bunch of my money.

Can I just throw my game folder in whatever folder steam has?

Any and all help would be appreciated, even if it's a dumb question.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Your game that you are making is in a project folder.
When you buy and install rpg maker vx ace from steam it will only install another version of rpg maker vx ace in a different folder. The trial will probably still be there. You will have to uninstall it yourself. But the project folder is not a part of the program. That is created when you start making a game and is in a totally different folder (unless you actually managed to create it in the program files folder).

So short answer, your good.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You don't even need to move your game folder. As long as you didn't create your project inside the VX Ace program folder, just leave it where it is.

Chuck4688

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I've used a trial version of the game too. But before uninstalling it and buying the ones in Steam, I copied my game (project) folder and pasted it somewhere in my computer, and returned it after installing the paid one.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Don't you just hate it when you get a high level armor only for it to look like a metal plated bikini on your female character?? Seriously. How can that protect you??? Enemies can hit the squishy parts! :kaosigh:
Bathrooms are not designed for the middle of the night.
so... I decided since a park was an area in my game... here's an enemy that's slide with a hand behind it. cause why not.
Hot chocolate and music make studying and note-taking much easier :kaoluv:
Until my hand cramps up from writing too much!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Br8228