A bit of help figuring out scripts/plugins and using an older one?

Sheriff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay so basically, I need my main character to stay in the party as the first character, I found someone who had the same issue as me and someone that had made a script to do that (that page can be found here:

(dbchest is the one that made it)

but I've run into the issue of how do I get this into my game? it's a .exe file so I (with my very limited knowledge) am not sure how to turn that into a .js file like the plugins that came with MZ.

from what I've seen scripts are for MV and plugins are for MZ but they're basically the same thing? just not sure how to use this old (2013) script in MZ is all.

any help would be appreciated, please understand that I'm not familiar on most things since I'm pretty new

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Scripts are actually for ACE and older, and cannot be used in MV or MZ as the languages of the engines are not the same. You'd need to have someone code a plugin for something similar to be in MZ.

I'll also move you to Plugin Requests so that someone can help you find one.

Sheriff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah I see, thanks for the clarification and thanks again for moving this to the right section. I guess I'm back to looking for the right plugin so that'll help finding it:)

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Check out the VisuStella Party System. It has locking/requiring specific characters.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To clarify on that, you will need to download the sample project on their itch page, the free plugins are in that project with a written license file as well verifying rights to use it.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well...I kinda meant Google it and look at the product page to see if it does what the OP wants. But sure :stickytongue:

Arthran

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Sheriff

Paste this code into a JavaScript file, and add it to the project through your plugin manager:
JavaScript:
Game_Actor.prototype.isFormationChangeOk = function() {
    return this !== $gameParty.members()[0];
};

That will lock first party slot.

To clarify on that, you will need to download the sample project on their itch page, the free plugins are in that project with a written license file as well verifying rights to use it.
Party System is not one of their free plugins.

Sheriff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Thank you for your help Arthran that works perfectly! I appreciate everyone's help with this too:)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Voice.gif
The Voice... They usually show up to talk to you about leaving your mark on the world, which is one of the major themes of my game... How will you be remembered by society.
The only time my brother shows me any kind of support is by liking or LOL my Facebook Comments.
I finally finished the Coliseum for my game. Love how it looks. Credits for the assets goes to Kokoro Reflections, @Starbird_Resources, and @megumi014.
Colossuem.png
Mimics! Mimics everywhere!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tehweasel