RMMV A Bitter Destiny (Working Title) - Playable Demo, Political Themes, Some Swearing

Pennycook

Programmer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm trying to get back into using RPG Maker and finally have a playable prototype that I'm willing to share, available here:

It's very simple and should probably take around 15 minutes to complete. Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated, but I'm most interested in thoughts on:
  1. The use of "Blood" and "Stamina" in place of traditional HP and MP
  2. The "Exhaustion" system
  3. Specific suggestions on how to improve the maps I've made so far
  4. Whether you're at all interested in what happens next
Thanks in advance!

Quill-Hawthorne

(the one and only)
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
1. I really like the idea of blood and stamina! To be fair, HP and MP are just another way of saying life and energy, so it's not too far off.
2. Also the Exhaustion system is very creative and I liked how you regenerated all your stamina after it. You can definitely use it in fights against others as a chance to rest up and get rid of any states you were stuck in, which I very much appreciated.
3. I didn't really notice much about the maps that needed work, so that means you're doing a good job. However, there was a moment where the protagonist pushes the locker out of the way and says that the keypad were poorly hidden...I don't know about that. At that point, I was just clicking everything and found it by accident.

A bug I did find was that I did managed to get something from the balcony when I was on the ground level. As for everything else, it was good. The intro was well-evented and the story was intriguing. I'm excited if you do any more updates on it!

Pennycook

Programmer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the feedback!

However, there was a moment where the protagonist pushes the locker out of the way and says that the keypad were poorly hidden...I don't know about that. At that point, I was just clicking everything and found it by accident.
You're right. I'm quite unhappy with the warehouse interiors in general, and this text doesn't make sense given that nothing leads the player to discover it. I'll see what I can do to make it more obvious.

A bug I did find was that I did managed to get something from the balcony when I was on the ground level.
Good catch! I hadn't even thought to try this. I'm pretty sure this should be easy to fix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

palatkorn wrote on Archeia's profile.
Hello i have a question Regarding the topic of games in my development, is there anything that I can't post yet?
I hope you give me a chance to fix something wrong.
palatkorn wrote on Kes's profile.
Hello i have a question Regarding the topic of games in my development, is there anything that I can't post yet?

"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(
Ami
tethering is my lifesaver,especially when computer or laptop doesn't support internet connection.
convention concluded, i'm glad the books well received and sold out
not every content is decent, but i'll be better for the next work.

now back to game developing

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ravichah