A Boss who make monster bomb

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by LeeAceSan, Jan 20, 2018.

1. LeeAceSan

LeeAceSan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi :LZSsmile:

I tried today to create a boss while 6 hours with special patern but I failed :dizzy:

I tried with auto-passive state, common event and troop condition, my head is overheating ^^

My plan in picture :

So yeah it's a little bit tricky but I hope someone have a solution.

I have the yanfly plugins to do it (Auto passive states, passives cases, row formation, battle engine etc...)

I would be very happy, thanks a lot :thumbsup-left:

2. Wavelength

Wavelength Pre-Merge Boot Moderator

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Which part of it are you having trouble with?

The general approach I'd use would be:
    1) Give the boss a skill "Bomb Transformation". This skill adds a state "Mad Bomber" to its target. That state does nothing on its own, but is used in Step 3. The "Speed" of the skill should be highly negative, to ensure this is done after all of the monsters act. The obvious choice would be to make its scope "One Ally", but read below for why you might want to do it differently.
    2) Give the monsters a skill called "Blow Up". This skill should set the monster's HP to zero before doing damage to the party. You can do so in your damage formula: "a.hp = 0; a.atk * 4 - b.def * 2". Everything after the semicolon can be changed to whatever damage formula you like.
    3) Under the monster's Action Patterns, give "Blow Up" a priority of 10 but set its Condition to "State: Mad Bomber". This way, the monster will only choose the Blow Up skill when it has the Mad Bomber state.

That's all you need!

I forget whether setting the monster's HP to 0 as part of its own action formula will cause a bug where the monster is defeated, but visually remains onscreen. I don't think this will happen, but if it does, you can force the collapse effect to occur with a Script line. I don't know the exact call for this in MV as I usually use Ace - that's a question for the "Learning JavaScript" subforum.

About the targeting on "Bomb Transformation". While "One Ally" sounds appropriate, there is a chance the boss could use "Bomb Transformation" on itself, which would do absolutely nothing (since the boss cannot use Blow Up). Therefore, a better way to approach this would be to have the boss' skill target himself (or no one) and do nothing except for run a Common Event. The Common Event is where the magic would take place - you would choose a random number, and based on the random number chosen, show an animation over one of the monsters and add the Mad Bomber state to that monster.
    • Alternatively, if there is only one monster besides the boss, you could simply have the boss' skill target All Allies (this will target the monster, which is good, plus the boss, which is fine since it won't do anything to the boss).

3. LeeAceSan

LeeAceSan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    French
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks for your answer, in fact the part one is OK, the monster blow up on the heroes with the boss skill.
    But for the second part, I don't know what to do. I want to do this : "if the player use skill "X" on the monster bomb = the monster blow up on the BOSS"

I can change the state of the monster (Mad bomber to the BOSS) so that he will blow on his BOSS.

But if I change the state directly with my skill, when I will fight other monsters outside of this battle boss, I will continue to give this state to the other monsters, and I won't, you know what I mean ?

So I want to know how to change the state of this monster ("Mad bomber" become "Mad bomber against the BOSS") with common event or other plugin but I can't find a way to do it.