cddeat03

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English

MAIN THEME

STORY
A young boy climes down into an old well and discovers a strange egg and a door. The boy takes the egg and opens the door into a magical underground world. They boy must journey through this world to discover the way home.

CHARACTERS

A young boy who discovers a dragon egg and a magical world at the bottom of a well. Along with his new dragon companion he sets out on an adventure to explore the new world and find a way home.

A little dragon that hatch from the egg discovered in the well. He is a fierce and loyal companion and a source of rare and powerful magic.

An aspiring merchant who sees an opportunity in the boy and his dragon.

Not much is known about Old Zama, an ancient and powerful witch with which our hero strikes an ill-advised bargain.

SCREENSHOTS

ART

MUSIC

Last edited:

Amy_Lizzy

Virtuoso in the Art of Trying
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow! It seems to be a good project. The music is really nice, I like it.
And the pun 'dragon-napped' made me smiled.
'Hope your project will flourish. :)

cddeat03

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Thanks @Amy_Lizzy! I'm definitely going for a lighter tone for this project. I'm glad you like the music too. You know, it was a lot of fun to make. I got to record with a real orchestra and everything!

Amy_Lizzy

Virtuoso in the Art of Trying
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Waaaoh it's amazing ! :o
I thought computer assisted music made miracles. (Well I guess it does sometimes) It is so ambitious! Congratualation for that spirit, that energy!

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's a cute idea for a game, good luck with the development! :)

cddeat03

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Updated with new info and some new art and music

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That title theme is great, very cool to see an RPG Maker Game developer have an orchestra perform their title theme. The story seems simple enough, although I do want to know more about this boy, and who left the dragon egg in the well. In addition, the screenshots you posted, while the art style is great, I feel like they don't really show much of the game - it looks like we will be just walking through different environments.

What are your features? Is this a grind heavy battle game? A monster raising game? A puzzler?

I like the simple presentation, but it's too simple. Anyway, great job on the compositions and the art style, but without anymore info, it's hard to gauge this project.

cddeat03

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
@GoodSelf Thanks! It was great fun to record with the orchestra. With the story my hope is to tell a simple tale with great quality. It'll have the elements of all good fairy stories: adventure and magic and characters that I hope will delight.

The screenshots as they are currently show the visual direction I've decided to take the story in. Bright and clean and colorful. It's still early but I'll be adding a wider variety of screenshots as development comes along.

This will be a classic rpg in terms of gameplay: A magical world to discover, fun characters to meet, and monsters to vanquish. It'll have turn based combat with a party of up to 4 characters. There is one small change to the battle system which is that there will be no standard attack command. Each character (or enemy) will have a set of possible action they can take each turn. Each of those actions will cost AP. If any actor is unable to take an action they must select the wait command, which will recover AP while leaving that actor vulnerable to great damage for one turn.

Apart from that, there will be towns and dungeons to explore as well as treasure to collect and some quests to undertake.

When you say the presentation is too simple, do you mean the game or the thread?

GoodSelf

Zhu Li! Do the thing!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cddeat03 I think it's perhaps a little bit of both? Maybe if you added a planned feature section to the Post? This way we know what you're working on and what you plan to include in the game. this would likely give your readers a pretty good idea of where you're taking it, and get them excited and want to follow your post, as well as leave comments.

onekksu

Emin Can Homalioglu
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Professional. The music and the characters are so incredible.

cddeat03

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Professional. The music and the characters are so incredible.
Sorry for the late reply, been working out the balancing of the battle system, but thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

In other news, my new computer is now ordered, and I'll have it in my hot little hands by the end of the week! CAN'T WAIT!!!
I've said my cat's names in such a baby-talk manner over the years, Biggs is now Biggoro, Bella is now Bellllyyaah, and somehow.....somehow Tessa is Sessashan
Did a massive ****up in my code that would have caused the game to crash on most computers and almost released an update without noticing it.
I keep thinking today is Thursday.
And I look forward to the next preview thread coming this afternoon.
And then I realise it's not Thursday at all.
And then I get sad :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nwr