Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Download:

A Collection of Paranormal Stories

Story Synopsis:

You are a greenhorn in the field of investigative journalism. You have been recruited by a paranormal investigation firm called Bologna or Not?. You are initiated and introduced to your coworkers and you set out on your quest. You will meet people and discover secrets. Will your wits allow you to complete challenges ahead?

World Development: It's a modern world in simple times. People suspect paranormal activity but very few have truly experience the real thing. Most people jump to conclusions and make rash assumptions. But for the very lucky, strange encounters are a norm.

Character bios:

Nick (the player): A rookie in the field of investigative journalism. He is willing to work hard and listen to people. He keeps an open mind and a skeptical ear.

Patrick: The founder of Bologna or Not?. He's worked hard to build a reputable company and has hired the best and most dedicated workers he could find (at Denny's at 3am). He is the one who hired you and he's the one who gives you your assignment.

Will: He is seasoned field investigator. He was once the ghost expert but it was revealed that he doesn't believe in ghosts. He's also become hard to work with and is not a good writer. He is not afraid to do dangerous and stupid things so the company keeps him around.

Dr. Steven Hawking, Scientition: Not to be confused with Dr. Steven Hawkings. Is a "scientist" who reads a lot, writes, a lot and drinks a whole lot of coffee. He has been writing on the subject of the paranormal for over 30 years and has written around 40 books (all self published). He is always willing to offer his expert opinion, wanted or not.

Screenhots

Features

Short game, about 1 hour

Simple, easy to follow story

Non-linear gameplay

Day/Night system

Small open world.

No battles

NOTE: Sometime this will be seen as a virus. It's not.

Last edited by a moderator:

amerk

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure about necroposting rules for completed games, but it's too bad nobody ever commented on your own game. It was short and fun, and enjoyable. Beat it within 30 minutes, but it was still a nicely designed fetch quest.

Maybe it'll give somebody an idea for a sub quest in a much longer game.

starcrescendo

Stargazer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't know how this game didn't get any reviews! I played through your game and made a short video review/let's play of it:

I hope that you got the feedback that you deserved from another source because this was a very nice and promising game! I had only very minor criticisms, the story was good, there were a few spelling errors, and a few pass ability issues. Oh, and one random bolder that would crash the game for some reason. But otherwise very enjoyable. I played it through to completion.

The video is probably kind of boring, it was also my first. Skip to the 55:00 mark or so for my review part. Overall I really enjoyed the game and hope you see this message and create some more games. Don't let the lack of feedback stifle you or anything. Regards!

Pinesal

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dang. I wish I hadn't waited years to check this. Thanks for the review, Both of you . Starcrecemdo, I wasn't able to watch it because it doesn't appear in your reply.

Also, either of you still have this game downloaded? I lost it long ago along with all the original work files.

Found it here! Thanks for making a record of this game as this is now the only evidence that it ever existed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where do i have to play Heisei Pistol Show the same creator that made Re: Kinder Parun
I really get the feeling I should be doing regular YouTube videos whenever I make something cool in my game, instead of waiting for massive changes. But not going to lie... I always feel like it's never quite enough to merit an update, until it's a drastic change. :kaoswt:
Going to submit to this game jam...struggling with the time crunch...
Have to keep compromising...
Just released a new OST for my game and a new place to purchase it!

Ah, things to do when you finish a game.
Ami
Me: It's dark cloudy! I hope it's Rain…
(2-3 Hours Later,Changed To Sunny)
Me: :kaolivid:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatisGachi