Status
Not open for further replies.

tonytechno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hello everyone of this topic i really don't know where i should post this but i seen then and thought it would be a good place.

So i'm creating a game using the RPG Maker VX Ace software, it's pretty much FF/Diablo/SAO

so a RPG, Rogue-Like, fantasy, turn-based adventure, with a hint of comedy. no perma-death though, but the boss monsters are extremely hard to kill

The object of my game is to beat/complete all 100 floors, while their will be randomized dungeons in there as well. separate from the 100 floors.

Complete with Randomized Gold/Items and Dungeons, the floors are all originally tiled set by myself, while as the randomized dungeons will be set off on the side for people to explore. Also i have a upgraded battle engine, upgraded Menus, and Character creation with the standard 3 races, 10 classes, and genders. SO FAR!

I've looking to add mining, leatherworking, etc. along with the crafting that goes with them.

so pretty much i was wondering if anyone thought this is a good idea and could help me out with it, or just simply support my project. let me know in a pm and thank you for reading this.

P.S. i'm not good at scripting, drawing, or making sprites. i'm very new at this and have learned from watching tutorials and grabbing peoples scripts and following their instructions though some of them aren't so friendly to new people who have no idea what scripts are. so any help would be nice. and when i publish this game every persons sprites that i used, or scripts that i used will be given rightful credit.

NoahB

Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Here are some scripts you might find useful.

Random Dungeon generator script: http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/2152-saba-kans-random-dungeon-generator-014/?hl=+random%20+dungeon%20+generator

Crafting script: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/17560-crafting-script-v27-updated-52214/

Character customization/visual equip script: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/5775-composite-characters-in-game-character-creation/

Also, I wouldn't suggest working on a project this big already. You said you were very new to this, so you should focus more on learning all the features of RPG Maker VX Ace. If I were you, I'd try working on a smaller project, and see how it turns out first.

tonytechno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
I've got all the time in world to focus on one big project, i know how to read and understand the instructions in the scripts, then test them out afterwards to see if anything is broken or not.  and also thanks for those links! Especially that crafting one! :D

tonytechno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
i've now added my first randomized dungeon into the game, i'm also willing to put up a demo if anyone wants to try out my game in it's very early state. it's no where near being finished but theirs no bugs as far as i know. every time i had something new i always play it myself to check to make sure everything is working right.

tonytechno

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
adding more stuff into the game along with more crafting recipes!

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
tonytechno, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

This doesn't really belong here.

If you want to know how to do something that isn't related to scripts, your question goes in VX Ace Support.

If you are looking for scripts, it goes in RGSS3 Script Requests.

If you are looking to build a team or get helpers, you need to start a topic in Project Recruitment (be sure to read the thread/s pinned at the top of that forum, and provide everything requested).

If you just want to show off what you're doing, Early Project Feedback would be the right place (again, check pinned threads).

Going to close this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Finally feel well enough to sketch. Took twenty minutes to find the tablet. Another ten for the cable. Only to discover that my Clip Studio Pro license has expired. Yup. Gonna be one of those days.
Is there a way to add pictures to profile posts?
I just graduated from high school yesterday!
I accidently wipe out my entire hdd...
Hey everyone, I'm going to do winners announcement post for the OCCIII after we get the edit bar fixed. It's kind of hard to do any announcement without formatting! Thanks for the patience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkullMetalLord