CuddleFox

Furry
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello, I did a search and did not find a similar request. I would like to know if there is a way to make a common event launch once per map.

I tried to put my common event in parallel process with a switch activated when the game was started. Without success.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think i know how to do this. hold on a sec

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do this on each map

Event once per map.png Event opnce per map.png

Heirukichi

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Depending on the kind of common event you have to run, I recommend using an Autorun event to launch it. I don't know the specifics so I am not sure whether or not this is possible in your game, but using a Parallel Process is not recommended, as in involves a certain amount of risks (in this example, if the player leaves the map before the common event execution ends, the self switch is not going to be set to true).

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

Oddball, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Just use the Edit button to add to your last post next time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!
I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.
Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard
It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.
I don't like linear gear progression in games. I'd like to see more gear be useful from start to finish. This is also true for skills. I also like finding overpowered gear, and don't enjoy games that are too balanced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakobhenerey309