TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have an item in my game with this description.

"Restores all health and magic, heals negative statuses, and revives."

So a pretty good item, right?  Basically a full heal in any situation.  It's an item that can be used both on the field and in battle, and targets everyone, regardless of if they're dead or not.  Now here's the problem I'm finding.  In the database, I can only set the item to target only alive or dead characters.  I have a feeling the key here has to do with Yanfly's Action Sequence, but even if I can get something to somewhat work how I want in battles (even then it's a bit buggy), I can't get it to work at all in menus.

So what I'm looking for is a way to make this item target all characters as if I were using a typical group heal, including dead ones.  It also must work both in battle and in the menu.  I hope someone can help me out.  It doesn't seem like the hardest thing on Earth, but I'm a little stumped.

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure what you mean. You could use "all allies" and it should work. Since at least one person has to be alive at any given time (or you'd get game over, etc). Target all allies would cure the "death" state, and everything else.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Not sure what you mean. You could use "all allies" and it should work. Since at least one person has to be alive at any given time (or you'd get game over, etc). Target all allies would cure the "death" state, and everything else.
All Allies doesn't work.  It only targets alive party members in case case.

Tobbx

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
There is a plugin called DeadOrAliveItem that does that. It's one of the release plugins. So it should already be in your JS library. 

Just install the plugin and tag the item with <scope:allDeadOrAlive>

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
All Allies doesn't work.  It only targets alive party members in case case.
Yeah I just tested, sorry. It's very odd they forgot to let you target just everything.

I seem to be getting an issue with allscope. It doesn't seem to work at all.

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There is a plugin called DeadOrAliveItem that does that. It's one of the release plugins. So it should already be in your JS library. 

Just install the plugin and tag the item with <scope:allDeadOrAlive>
Yeah I just tested, sorry. It's very odd they forgot to let you target just everything.

I seem to be getting an issue with allscope. It doesn't seem to work at all.
Not sure if it's the same one, but I get a weird allScope bug too.  For me, while the item does work as intended, it will only allow me to target a dead characters in battle.  If no one is dead, I can't use the item.

omfgkevin

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My allscope doesn't work at all. I use it and nothing happens. The dead stay dead, but my alive character does heal for HP. I tried NONE as target, and all allies too.

Heartbreak61

Wandering Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What about using common event to recover all party members and set that common event as the item's effect?

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm going to try bumping this if that's alright.  The problem still persists but I don't want to start a new topic.

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
actually it works for me with <scope:allDeadOrAlive>

worked in menu and in battle

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
actually it works for me with <scope:allDeadOrAlive>

worked in menu and in battle
Really?  That's a bit strange.  What does a screenshot of this item look like in your database, because if that's the case then maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Like this
Huh.  I don't understand what's going on with that common event.  In the effects menu, I have a list of the effects that the item does.  Other than that, they look identical, but the problem to only be able to target dead characters still happens for me.  What does the common event do?

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
recover all : Entire Party

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Huh.  I don't understand what's going on with that common event.  In the effects menu, I have a list of the effects that the item does.  Other than that, they look identical, but the problem to only be able to target dead characters still happens for me.  What does the common event do?
this one works without common event

Untitled2.jpg

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
this one works without common event
I don't understand.  I have copied this code for code, reinstalled the plugin, and searched for some online help but it is still giving me the same problem.

I have a question.  When you use the item in battle, how exactly does it target?  Does it target everyone or just one character prior to you actually hitting Z to confirm the use of it?

And in case it helps, this is what the item looks like for me.  http://i.imgur.com/CPS6499.png

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
it target everyone 

you done everything fine, maybe your problem with your plug

try make new game  with one plug(DeadOrAlive) and see what hapen

TheGamedawg

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
it target everyone 

you done everything fine, maybe your problem with your plug

try make new game  with one plug(DeadOrAlive) and see what hapen
Ah!  I feel I may of found the problem.  The plugin works perfectly well until I install the YEP_BattleEngineCore plugin.  They seem to conflict because this hindrance that only makes it so I can target dead characters start as soon as I install it.

However, I need both of these plugins in order to create my game.  YEP_BattleEngineCore because it allows me to use the Battle Sequence plugins, and DeadOrAliveItem so I can make items like this.

I wonder if there's another way to do this in that case.

mrcopra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Not English
Primarily Uses
N/A
still works for me but i cant select any alive character just dead actor

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

AABS laser beams features:
1,Shoot penetrating laser beams for player's normal attack
2,Beam's width/damage/comsumes/loot can be controlled by events/variables with great flexibility
3,Beam can rebound to walls or certain regionID
4,Can play SE when shooting beams
5,Beam's images can be solid images or animated ones.
Surprising nobody, it turns out "next Friday" for the next Jump into Javascript has become "possibly Sunday if you're lucky" XD
Folks, if anyone sends you a message inviting you to add their API to your game, please report them. We don't want people spamming our members asking them to add stuff to their games for their own (or others') benefit. We've updated the forum rules to confirm this.
I'm listening to iiluminaughtii talking about the secrets behind shady businesses and scams. Meanwhile I'm writing a fanfic about Sephiroth from FF7, one specifically for my stepmom. I'll get to give it to her, too, because my boss said I could take the holidays off! Dec. 22-27 I will be in Orlando, and maybe Fort Myers too, visiting my dad and stepmom!
Of course, I bought a handful of games on the Steam Black Friday sale. Will I try them? Will I complete any? Who knows...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
octxber