A compostion game for you composers out there !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tianlong

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
French/English
Primarily Uses
Hey everyone,

First post here. My name's Matthieu and I am an aspiring video game composer like a lot of people in this thread, I guess. I have been looking for a composers forum for ages and since I have been composing for some RpgMaker projects in the past, I decided to come and look for a composer community here.

I don't know about you guys, but I sometimes find that it is difficult to put myself in the mood of creating music when I don't have a serious reason to do so (paid project or not). It is even more so an arduous undertaking knowing no one except my close relatives or friends will get to hear those compositions of mine. It is not like having real composers give their honest and constructive opinions on those compositions. It is redundant because you know your family will never be as objective about your work as a complete stranger.

So anyway, to make a long story short, why don't we start a 'game' we can all partake in, that will force us to compose something  more regularly, knowing will have comments, at the end, that will help us improve our skills. The 'game' would be done on a weekly basis. Each week, someone would give a subject, genre, photograph, image (anything really), which would be the inspiration for the song each member would have to compose for the end of the week. At the end of the week, we decide all together of a winner and this winner gets to choose the next week's subject.

Hope this was clear enough. Maybe this was suggested or done before as I have not read all this thread before posting. Sorry if it has.

I would really like to invest effort and time in a community of like-minded people. I think it could be really fun !

So what do you say guys ?

Ps. Here's a sample of my work since I see this as kind of presenting myself to you. ;)

https://soundcloud.com/matthieu-tessier/reinas-theme

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sorry but forum games are not allowed and contests must be done officially and have the backing of a moderator.  We have a feedback thread for music pinned at the top, give it a try if you're wanting some constructive opinions on your music.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This forum is a great source of procrastination for me.
Today I read "The mouth speaks what the heart is full of." Simple, and reminds me I have a ton of work to do.
Why are cats so darn cute when their tongues are sticking out? If I did that, it wouldn't have the same effect.
The joy when you see a notification, the down when it's just a unnecessary quote of one of your posts again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mybriguy