The Commander

The Blood Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
For one of my XP projects which is in the middle of a MASSIVE overhaul, I'm needing three scripts that Google has failed to help me find.

Music Memory: So that going into encounters/battles doesn't restart the map's music over and over again)

A Map Naming System: So that every time you enter a new map, a brief message will appear at the top automatically informing you of the map's name and such (without having to go in there and manually rig up every single warp tile to do that). Another possible one for this is a script that can replace a worthless slot on the main menu (like the Step Count) with the name. I did find one of these, but A: it required some heavy prior knowledge in Ruby and B: made all the menu icons in a foreign language (I think Spanish).

An Achievement ScriptPreferably one that can cover multiple playthroughs instead of resetting the list every time you start a new game, since my project has two branching campaigns decided by the PC early on, (if possible).

Also, I know absolutely nothing about scripting (I just now figured out how to have a number code puzzle and a fetch quest), so a plug-and-play would be nice, though if it is one where you have to add some extra details to the script, a bit of a step-by-step on what to do would be nice.

~Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Commander

The Blood Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The location script is in another language...all I speak is English. :/

The achievement one I tried before on the earlier version pre-overhaul, and it had all kinds of bugs and syntax errors.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
That's ok, I don't speak Spanish either. The location name script is plug and play really, only the first module can be changed to customize the font type/size, the time it shows on the map, etc. But of course you can also just leave them as is. There's also a demo included in case you're confused.

Besides that achievement script I also found this Achievement book script.

As for the Music Memory, according to this thread, that's apparantly pretty hard.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

LunarFlareStudios wrote on Solar_Flare's profile.
Hey, my name is Lunar Flare Studios, and you're Solar Flare? That's so weird!
How has this place been dead quiet since after I posted about Deltarune? That's the only post that people are reacting to now... will you please read my other statuses?
Another comic with Backstage Malak...
If you want to ask him anything, you can ask on my DeviantArt page! I'm not sure if you're allowed to do it here.
Forum tip of the day ...
If you get a temporary suspension for being a jerk to people who are trying to help you, and arguing with mods and admins, don't go making new accounts. Chances are, if you p**s us off enough to suspend you for a week, we're not going to hesitate giving you a permanent ban when you give us a reason.
E_6fAErVkAQILXu.png
I'm so close to releasing my game on steam! :blush::blush::blush:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayroNaut