Fionn23

Eternal Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1. How can I add buffs and debuffs through states? As a buff adds 25% to a stat, is it 'parameter: attack * 125%'?

2. I use a plugin to stack a state. Does two 'parameter: attack * 125%' states means 1 x 1.25 x 1.25 = 1.56 or 156% in attack stat? I'm kinda bad in math.

3. Does two 'Ex-Parameter Hit Rate + 10%' states means 0% + 10% + 10% = +20% Hit Rate? I'm not quite sure about this.

4. I'm confused about the states' removal duration. In MZ, default paralysis state has Auto-removal Timing: Turn End and Duration in Turns: 3 ~ 3. While stun state has the same but 1 ~ 3 duration in turns. Can you explain to me what does the two numbers exactly do?

Thanks!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes to your first questions, and the last one means a random number of turns between minimum and maximum.
and don't forget that duration of 1 turn means the current turn.

Fionn23

Eternal Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. How can I add buffs and debuffs through states? As a buff adds 25% to a stat, is it 'parameter: attack * 125%'?
I just want to clarify since you're mixing a bit of terminology - buffs and debuffs are specific things with their own hardcoded functionality built into MZ.

They have their own stacking properties and and specific functions to make debuffs and buffs counter each other before determining if one is capped and calculating the stats. If you're using actual buffs and debuffs at all in your skills, and also making states the way you describe, they may not interact with each other entirely as you expect.

It might be better for you to use a plugin that gives you access to JavaScript in notetags when you apply a state and have it actually apply a buff.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_12_7_2022_8_57_56.png
part of the common event help menu I'm working on. I used Yanfly's Common Event Menu to set it up and here's a screen of once you've selected one of the options. This one explains the 6 different battle commands.
KDS
Hey guys! Iam currently updating my free digital art shop , let me know if you need anything done :) https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/kds-free-open-digital-art-shop.17097/
Hello! I’d like to ask where is a good place to start logging about my game dev progress as production of my game goes forth
In one of our campus classrooms was a bag full of stuff people forgot there... my bag. That I forgot there xD
You know your room is too tiny for how much stuff you have when it gives you literal insomnia. I just cleared a bunch of stuff out and man it feels good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Edujandro