Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Edologo.png
SYNOPSIS

It is the early 18th century. You play as a young countryside-samurai who arrives to the largest city in the world, the Japanese capital of Edo, in search of his fortune. What that fortune is, he does not yet know.

A Day In Edo is a short, nonlinear historical RPG game where you experience a single day as a down-on-his-luck samurai. The appeal of the game is to find different endings to the day, representing different directions the protagonist's life can take, on repeated playthroughs while exploring a simple rendering of Edo based on a historical map.

There are no random battles and very few battles all in all. The game has well over 100 npc's to talk to, some of whom lead to ending scenarios while others provide hints or tidbits about life in the city. There are no companion characters in A Day In Edo. A single playthrough should take between a few minutes and an hour.

The game mostly uses default assets and assets from official Japan-themed expansions. However, there are a few custom graphics assets as well, and all the music is original. A Day In Edo has references to mature themes and religion, but nothing explicit or controversial.

SCREENSHOTS
ADIEscreen1.png
ADIEscreen2.png
ADIEscreen3.png

DOWNLOAD LINK
Windows version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aIQal6E0z6Lz4V8IzQkxPl7FPpsegFOg

Linux version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1urdZkLMxs8Z1AghRzpbRE_kSt06HaLnm
Android version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DHK_Z--9mYoTtzQqZI9avDAc_wQibfVs
Note! The Linux and Android versions haven't been properly tested. They should work, but all sorts of strange things tend to happen when computers are involved

CREDITS
Pentti Koivuniemi: Design, mapping, music, writing, graphics.
Matt Imrich: Design, graphics.

Rexal: Animated enemies plug-in.

Last edited:

Wavelength

Pre-Merge Boot
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sounds like a very cool concept. Your images aren't working though - try uploading them directly to the forums ("Upload a File" while writing a post) rather than hosting them at Google Drive.

Birchcape

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for letting me know. I see them myself and I had a lot of trouble getting them to show at all, I'll try fixing the post right away.

EDIT: Done, if they still aren't showing for someone, please let me know.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Okay, that's the best I can do. Looks a little strange but..err.. it's my style, yeah, very original style..
being an extreme introvert with massive anxiety... I forget this is really, REALLY frustrating for people who are the exact opposite. still, wait this out and stay home...
I hope you all are keeping safe. <3 If you need a shoulder or an ear, I have two of both and am more than willing to listen & support you! Times are weird.
My dad, super frustrated by seclusion, asking me how I live like this. I shrug. "It helps to not like what is outside."
Apparently it's not just people who are hit by corona virus. My phone has set itself to English language on its own. Not that I'm complaining... :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imnotanepicgamer