ValentinaSama67

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello! I noticed that a character for my game needed some special clothing since she's a VERY important character.
So I need:

Resource Type: Character Walking (TV) Clothing and Headpiece.
The dress is supposed to fit the normal MV character template, however I wanted the dress to be bigger than the normal 48x48 grid size, so if possible, the dress itself could be around 48x96 or 96x144.

Something like this:

Maker format: RPG Maker MV

Art Style: MV RTP Style

Reference images: I drew the concept of her clothing myself and still haven't shaded it. (sorry about that...)

If anyone is willing to make her clothing I'd be very grateful.

GhostJenson

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not great at drawing, neither am I throwing my hat in the ring to draw, but I just wanted to say you've got a really cool character right there!

Avery

Sleeping Dinosaur
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just to clarify, if I make that char it's fine for other people to use as well?
(I honestly did too many exclusive stuff that will never ever appear in any game >_>)

ValentinaSama67

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
(I honestly did too many exclusive stuff that will never ever appear in any game >_>)
Of course! I really don't mind if other people use it!

ValentinaSama67

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried animating the cape but... how do I put that... I failed. lol
Whaaat?! But it looks amazing! (I don't really need the other directions, just the front one is fine!)
If you want to refine it more it's up to you, but I really liked the result.
(você fala português?)

Ebanyle

açspasl~d~dfflass
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Whaaat?! But it looks amazing! (I don't really need the other directions, just the front one is fine!)
If you want to refine it more it's up to you, but I really liked the result.
(você fala português?)
Thank you! :D
I would refine you'd prefer it, but honestly... I'm too lazy to do it by myself... lol
(na verdade eu só falo abobrinha)

CrowStorm

Storm crow descending, Winter unending.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ebanyle: to clarify I did not react with the lulz emojii because I agree that you failed, that looks good to me, I just thought the way you phrased your post was funny. (It's probably not really necessary to make this clarification but it's possible that maybe a person or two has felt slighted by an emojicon I've clicked on here.)

ANYWAY: That is an epic cape. I hope she doesn't have to try walking or doing anything physical it as it's two and a half times the length of her body* (which is something it totes shares with real world high fashion clothing which isn't so much trying to be pretty as it is trying to be BIZARRE). I think the issue here is design. She can't take two steps forward without tripping over her own train (I think you said you're just going to be using the one-direction sprite though, meaning she can't really move anyway, so I guess that's not an issue).

Now, I see the symbolic wings and she's a goddess so I assume she could just hover which would be cool. Even then, though, look at your concept drawing vs. your sprite mockup, OP. Let me download those images and do some maths.

EDIT (post maths): on your mockup for the sprite, the goddess is 43 pixels tall, and the train of her dress extends another 43 pixels, making it exactly once again the length of her body. In your concept drawing, the goddess herself from tip to toe is around 1023 pixels tall, and her dress continues about another 150 pixels to a total length/height of 1173. Her dress exceeds the length of her body by a mere 14%. So tl;dr too late your mockup's cape/train is about 8 times as long as the one shown in your concept art.

* As you can see, this turned out to be an exaggeration.

@Avery:
off topic:
Man it really sucks that you actually made free stuff for people specifically for their game and then they never finished it. I guess I've done this a time or two myself as a dev come to think of it...wait, no I didn't, I paid for that stuff. Well, I probably did it at some point I can't remember.

Anyway if you want to see your non-exclusive stuff not just appear but feature super duper hard in one heck of a game, I am at work on just such a game. A lot of creators that make awesome free stuff on here allow commercial use of their thingies with the modest request of a copy of the finished game which is incredibly generous. Assuming everyone with a finished game complies with this incredibly humble request I don't know where y'all are between drowning in finished games you barely have time to glance at or never getting any because we're all scrubs and never finish anything, but it's my less than modest goal to be able to send you guys a free computer game that is actually worth your time to play/is actually worth at least some portion of the value of the free assets you gave me up front to make it. : )

I guess what I'm saying is, getting to the point where I can send you (and many others, probably too many to name here as I'm already off topic) a free copy is a big motivator for me.

Last edited:

ValentinaSama67

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Ebanyle: to clarify I did not react with the lulz emojii because I agree that you failed, that looks good to me, I just thought the way you phrased your post was funny. (It's probably not really necessary to make this clarification but it's possible that maybe a person or two has felt slighted by an emojicon I've clicked on here.)

ANYWAY: That is an epic cape. I hope she doesn't have to try walking or doing anything physical it as it's two and a half times the length of her body* (which is something it totes shares with real world high fashion clothing which isn't so much trying to be pretty as it is trying to be BIZARRE). I think the issue here is design. She can't take two steps forward without tripping over her own train (I think you said you're just going to be using the one-direction sprite though, meaning she can't really move anyway, so I guess that's not an issue).

Now, I see the symbolic wings and she's a goddess so I assume she could just hover which would be cool. Even then, though, look at your concept drawing vs. your sprite mockup, OP. Let me download those images and do some maths.

EDIT (post maths): on your mockup for the sprite, the goddess is 43 pixels tall, and the train of her dress extends another 43 pixels, making it exactly once again the length of her body. In your concept drawing, the goddess herself from tip to toe is around 1023 pixels tall, and her dress continues about another 150 pixels to a total length/height of 1173. Her dress exceeds the length of her body by a mere 14%. So tl;dr too late your mockup's cape/train is about 8 times as long as the one shown in your concept art.

* As you can see, this turned out to be an exaggeration.

@Avery:
off topic:
Man it really sucks that you actually made free stuff for people specifically for their game and then they never finished it. I guess I've done this a time or two myself as a dev come to think of it...wait, no I didn't, I paid for that stuff. Well, I probably did it at some point I can't remember.

Anyway if you want to see your non-exclusive stuff not just appear but feature super duper hard in one heck of a game, I am at work on just such a game. A lot of creators that make awesome free stuff on here allow commercial use of their thingies with the modest request of a copy of the finished game which is incredibly generous. Assuming everyone with a finished game complies with this incredibly humble request I don't know where y'all are between drowning in finished games you barely have time to glance at or never getting any because we're all scrubs and never finish anything, but it's my less than modest goal to be able to send you guys a free computer game that is actually worth your time to play/is actually worth at least some portion of the value of the free assets you gave me up front to make it. : )

I guess what I'm saying is, getting to the point where I can send you (and many others, probably too many to name here as I'm already off topic) a free copy is a big motivator for me.
Whoa, you actually did the math...
Actually my intention was for the cape to be really long like in the sprite, but I decided to make it shorter. Lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.
MerlinCross wrote on Switz's profile.
Not sure if you'll see this but I stumbled across your "Open Locker" sprite in a topic. Could I use those?
topic in question
Going to watch an episode of The Office and eat something after this little progress!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheGrizzlyDev